Crash kills 2 in Saratoga County

There are 4 comments on the Jun 5, 2008, WNYT Albany story titled Crash kills 2 in Saratoga County. In it, WNYT Albany reports that:

Police say two people have died following a two-car crash in Saratoga County. Michael Arpey of Porters Corners was driving his pickup truck northbound Wednesday night when he crossed into the opposite lane, and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WNYT Albany.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
florida

Orlando, FL

#161 Jul 24, 2008
does anyone know the results of the toxicology reports?
Jennifer

Albany, NY

#162 Mar 4, 2009
I miss Eddie, even though i really did not know him as much, but i have heard alot about him. I went to saratoga with him last year. I feel bad for what happed and my prayers go out to all his friends and family. Its really hard to have your loved one near u, then there gone. I wish i could have met him befor he left.know his life was Football, and he would have loved to be out there with his guy friends playing.Eddie has great friends that care about him alot and i know he wont forget about u guys. we miss u.... R.I.P Eddie
Jessica Loomis

Ballston Lake, NY

#163 Aug 3, 2010
I am one of Eddies sisters and now that all the FACTS are out no one is defending that man anymore are they why cause you all were proven wrong you all talk so highly of this so called wonderful man well let me give you some FACTS you may not know. Mike was on the phone with his wife fighting and he was driving 85mph and his BLOOD ALCOHOL LEVEL was 0.23 THREE TIMES THE LEGAL LIMIT. Now you tell me if that was a mistake on his part??? Here let me tell you the one that has to live with the fact that my children will never meet there Uncle because of a drunk driver who was 44 years old and know wrong from right what is he teaching his little boy when he gets older thats its ok to have alot to drink and then get behind the wheel of a car and drive yourself home now you tell me is that a good father. It was a MURDER. Now my heart does go out to his little boy not to his wife tho she was on the phone with him knowing he was drunk and she was fighting with him. As far as i am concerned she helped MURDER my Little brother. Then she went after the bars. Really come on and she won well i think it is bull that she did she played a part in my brothers MURDER and i hope she thinks about that for the rest of her life. His little boy tho is a innocent victim that now does have to grow up with out his Dad very sad and im so sorry for him. For all the rest of you people on here that in the last 2 years that have been bad mouthing my brother you should all be ashamed and its no wonder you all have not said anything since the tox reports have come out cause now you all feel dumb for defending a man who clearly was in the wrong. My little brother was only 17 mike was 44 he had time to live his life he got married he had a baby. These are all things that my little brother and or family will never get to see because of the CHOOSE OF A 44 YEAR OLD MAN. Now yes it is all Mikes fault but also the bars and bartenders are also responsible for the lost of TWO lives. Before I got pregnant I was a bartender and come on you can tell when someone has had to much and you call them a cab and your bar pays for it or you do thats what makes you a good bartender so in my eyes it was not only Mike and his wife it was the bartenders as well who MURDERED my baby brother. He was a great kid and was gonna be a cop like the rest of the men in our family to help save people. Now was that a boy that really deserved to have his life cut short???? I hope everyone that reads these post from both sides Eddies and Mikes really thinks before they get behind a wheel of a car cause a car is a weapon a very heavy one. Dont DRINK AND DRIVE. Dont mess with the radio or talk on the phone dont drive so fast the rest of the world can wait for you. Just remember we are all Gods children and we need to think before we act. I love you Eddie so much and so wish you didnt have to die but some day we will be a family again RIP Baby Brother. My heart goes out to little baby Myles as well.
Elizabeth

New York, NY

#164 Jul 28, 2013
It's been many years since this tragic accident. I think about Mike and Eddie regularly & the impact it had on my life, the lives of my family and also the impact it has had on the loomis family. I can only hope that both families have been able to find some peace in knowing that their lives have altered many in life as well as death. My uncle Mike was a kind man, a happy hippy if you will and I have heard nothing but amazing things about Eddie. After all these years I still look back to that accident when I hear or see people getting in their cars after a drink or two.. Michael paid for his horrible mistake with his life and I believe he wouldn't have had it any other way.. Rest in peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saratoga Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Albany, Saratoga conventions boost economy Apr 17 Rich M 1
John Safford Mayoral Endorsement Apr 11 Merrill Anderson 1
News Local craft brewers take on big beer Mar 27 Frank D 2
News Crossgates Houlihan's becoming Jacob & Anthony's (Jul '11) Mar 26 Mike A 4
News Clifton Park Wheatfield opens Tuesday (Nov '09) Mar '15 Robert E 4
Relocating to Saratoga. Where are the blue coll... Feb '15 Joe Loser 2
News Seven area wrestlers advance at Section II Cham... Feb '15 fan 1
More from around the web

Saratoga Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE