Crash kills 2 in Saratoga County

Crash kills 2 in Saratoga County

There are 144 comments on the WNYT Albany story from Jun 5, 2008, titled Crash kills 2 in Saratoga County. In it, WNYT Albany reports that:

Police say two people have died following a two-car crash in Saratoga County. Michael Arpey of Porters Corners was driving his pickup truck northbound Wednesday night when he crossed into the opposite lane, and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WNYT Albany.

friend of eddie-kjb

United States

#141 Jun 24, 2008
I didnt clearify this in my previous comment, but none of what i had to say was said towards you or your family Diane and same for you Steve.
tck

Astoria, NY

#142 Jun 24, 2008
friend of eddie-kjb wrote:
i HAVE NEVER seen anything as rude and as disrespecful in my entire life!!!! is this just the new thing to do, comment on stuff you have absolutly NO CLUE on. Back off!!! Eddie was 17 years old.. 17, and his life was taken from him, and half of you want to put the blame on him cuz he was driving past nine. Seriously grow up and get a life...YOU skum bags, and seriously thats what a good amount of you are, have no idea what eddies family and friends have been going through, and for some low life people to stick their nose in and say things so disrpectful is beyond immature. Think for one damn second, what would it feel like losing someone that close to you. ITs so rude. I can not belive that there is 7 pages of people saying all this bullcrap. WOW!!!!
THERE HAVE LOTS OF RUDE AND MEAN THINGS SAID YOU ARE 100% RIGHT........AND THEY WERE ALL SAID ABOUT MIKE , ONLY ONE FACT DIRECTED AT EDDIE ,IF YOU THINK BRINGING UP A BLUE CARD IS MEAN, THEN HOW DO YOU THINK THE FAMILY FEELS WHEN THEY HAVE TO SEE THE CRAP WRITTEN ABOUT MIKE, GO BACK AND LOOK AT ALL THE NAMES ,AND FALSE INFO ATTATCHED TO MIKES NAME THAT IS WHATS MEAN ,RUDE, AND DISRESPECTFUL BUT THEN AGAIN MOST OF YOU COMMENTING ARE TENNIE BOPPERS AND DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER
Saratoga mom

AOL

#143 Jun 27, 2008
This is my problem! We teach our children to drive right,send them to drivers ed, obey all the laws and BEG them PLEASE don't ever DRINK and DRIVE!!!!! We are even given a deal to sign from motor vehicles that if they are ever impaired to call us No questions asked!! Which we all sign RELUCTANTLY!!!!!!Breaking our asses to buy them cars and put them on our insurance! Then an ADULT decides to take his car and use it as a WEAPON against another innocent driver! It doesn't matter if he was DRUNK or not! He made the decision, not Eddie!!!! How DARE anyone call that a MISTAKE!!! And how DARE anyone say we"ve all done that!!!!!! You should have your license pulled because I don't want my kids on the road with YOU!!!! I'm not a TEENIE BOPPER, I'm a SCARED Mom of three!!!!
TCK

Astoria, NY

#144 Jun 27, 2008
Saratoga mom wrote:
This is my problem! We teach our children to drive right,send them to drivers ed, obey all the laws and BEG them PLEASE don't ever DRINK and DRIVE!!!!! We are even given a deal to sign from motor vehicles that if they are ever impaired to call us No questions asked!! Which we all sign RELUCTANTLY!!!!!!Breaking our asses to buy them cars and put them on our insurance! Then an ADULT decides to take his car and use it as a WEAPON against another innocent driver! It doesn't matter if he was DRUNK or not! He made the decision, not Eddie!!!! How DARE anyone call that a MISTAKE!!! And how DARE anyone say we"ve all done that!!!!!! You should have your license pulled because I don't want my kids on the road with YOU!!!! I'm not a TEENIE BOPPER, I'm a SCARED Mom of three!!!!
1ST... the adult did not use his truck as a "WEAPON" that is STUPID. 2ND...just about everyone has had a drink and got in a car or got in a car with someone else who was driving , THAT IS A FACT.3RD...this ACCIDENT may have had a third car who may have forced mike out of his lane, THIS IS BEING INVESTIGATED, DRINK AND SPEED WAS AN INITIAL CAUSE, SINCE THERE HAS TO BE A REASON DETERMANED AT THE SCENE AND THE THIRD CAR WAS NOT APPARENT AT THE TIME .so maybe this was not a mistake but a "real" tradgedy for both people ,it is very possible that mike was also a victim in this!!!!
Stop DWI

Rensselaer, NY

#145 Jun 27, 2008
The fact does remain that he got behind the wheel after drinking. So in a way anyone who gets into a car or truck after they have been drinking can be seen as a "weapon" that can cause death. The bottom line is that these are 2 senceless deaths.
tck

Astoria, NY

#146 Jun 28, 2008
Stop DWI wrote:
The fact does remain that he got behind the wheel after drinking. So in a way anyone who gets into a car or truck after they have been drinking can be seen as a "weapon" that can cause death. The bottom line is that these are 2 senceless deaths.
so you know this to be a fact?, so i should assume that you were there, or maybe you or someone you know served him ? have you done your part in stopping dwi? like stop the making of "ALL" alcohol around the world? or maybe remove all cars and leave the alcohol? but wait... it has not been determend that it was alcohol,just assumed . so how do we control accidents caused by ,lets say ...heartattack,sneezing,coughi ng,seizer,falling asleep,cellphone use,eating,putting on makeup,swerving to avoid a deer,dog,cat,turkey,skunk,bird ,ect...
Saratoga mom

AOL

#147 Jun 29, 2008
Excuse me Lil' Person(tck) You are the one that is saying alcohol was involved!! Not Me! Remember we are waiting on the facts!!! Apparently you must have some secret connections, where the Hell did you come up with a third car! I drive that road everyday and there isn't enough room for a third car! Plus in order to get up to the speed he was going, to do that much damage, you have to gun your vehicle! I drive a truck also and from the light you would have to push the gas to the floor to get up to such a Deadly speed! Maybe you would prefer Rocket Ship instead of weopon!It only costs $20.00 for a car service from town, which responsible people do when they know they shouldn't drive! You should really put your real name up or your plate number because apparently you beleive it is all right to drive wrecklessly!!! Along with the other people you drive with! HOW SCARY IS THIS? To know that there are people on the road that think this is JUSTIFIABLE!!!!! I am TRULY PRAYING that you are just a STUPID kid and that your parents read this and take you to some kind of Safe Driving Class! I certainly do not want to be on the road with anyone of you! That last comment you wrote is so BIZARE it sounds like you're LOADED!!!!!!!!!! One more thing, let me teach you some definitions! If you are diagnosed with Lung Cancer, it isn't an Accident or a Mistake that you picked up a cigarette, it's a CHOICE!!!!
Saratoga mom

AOL

#148 Jun 29, 2008
Plus everyone knows when they get to the corner of Middle Grove Road that they should slow down because there is usually a car that is waiting to take the left! This corner is known as a DANGEROUS corner for a very long time, why doesn't Greenfeild just breakdown and put a LIGHT there? Or lower the Speed Limit? I'm done with this! My PRAYERS go out to both Families! Now just lets leave them to try to get on with their lives!
Very concerned driver

AOL

#149 Jun 29, 2008
tck wrote:
<quoted text> so you know this to be a fact?, so i should assume that you were there, or maybe you or someone you know served him ? have you done your part in stopping dwi? like stop the making of "ALL" alcohol around the world? or maybe remove all cars and leave the alcohol? but wait... it has not been determend that it was alcohol,just assumed . so how do we control accidents caused by ,lets say ...heartattack,sneezing,coughi ng,seizer,falling asleep,cellphone use,eating,putting on makeup,swerving to avoid a deer,dog,cat,turkey,skunk,bird ,ect...
I am really afraid for you! I hope your about twelve years old and still on a bicycle and not driving a car!!!!! It's called RESPONSIBLE driving!!!! Someone should take away your computer and give you a Drivers Manual!!!! You need some serious HELP!!!!!!

Since: May 08

Latham, NY

#150 Jun 30, 2008
What if the man wasn't drinking?? Have the tox reports come back yet?
TCK

Astoria, NY

#151 Jun 30, 2008
Very concerned driver wrote:
<quoted text> I am really afraid for you! I hope your about twelve years old and still on a bicycle and not driving a car!!!!! It's called RESPONSIBLE driving!!!! Someone should take away your computer and give you a Drivers Manual!!!! You need some serious HELP!!!!!!
:>....LOL,LOL,LOL!!!!!
TCK

Astoria, NY

#152 Jun 30, 2008
<quoted text> I am really afraid for you! I hope your about twelve years old and still on a bicycle and not driving a car!!!!! It's called RESPONSIBLE driving!!!! Someone should take away your computer and give you a Drivers Manual!!!! You need some serious HELP!!!!!!
truth hurts !! these are all facts.
Very concerned driver

AOL

#153 Jun 30, 2008
TCK wrote:
<quoted text> truth hurts !! these are all facts.
You are a very sad person! I'll Pray for you! I'm guessing 10 years old not twelve!
TCK

Astoria, NY

#154 Jun 30, 2008
<quoted text> You are a very sad person! I'll Pray for you! I'm guessing 10 years old not twelve!
lol!!! i thought you were done with this?
TCK

Astoria, NY

#155 Jun 30, 2008
:> lol <:
Very concerned driver

AOL

#156 Jul 2, 2008
TCK wrote:
<quoted text> :> lol <:
Enjoy meeting my friend and Good Luck with him Mr. KARMA!!!!
unicorn

Ravena, NY

#157 Jul 2, 2008
this is really sad most blogs have nasty people just saying stupid things this is none of my business, but it is the first blog that has been impartial. most blogs just have nasty things to say. it's hard enough to lose someone close but to have a lot of nasty thing said does not help the situation. god be with you.
TCK

Astoria, NY

#158 Jul 2, 2008
<quoted text>Enjoy meeting my friend and Good Luck with him Mr. KARMA!!!!
...how many times are you gonna be done with this???????
mother of son

Clifton Park, NY

#159 Jul 4, 2008
its a month today, it still hurts as if it happen yesterday, everyone just stop show some respect and compassion
diane loomis
sgt - mirth and merriment

United States

#160 Jul 9, 2008
R.I.P. Mike - Rye Bread

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saratoga Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Birth Parents & Adoptees & Siblings- New York A... Thu joanNYadoptees 1
the music thread (Apr '12) May 23 Musikologist 18
News Biographer of '12 Years A Slave' author to give... May 17 John M 1
News 5/10/15: Today's Top Tips: Sunday May 11 Rich M 1
News Mingle-Albany closes, Un-Hui Filomeno to Saratoga May 4 Jacob 2
John Safford Mayoral Endorsement Apr 30 Merrill anderson 2
News Albany, Saratoga conventions boost economy Apr '15 Rich M 1
More from around the web

Saratoga Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE