Crash kills 2 in Saratoga County

Crash kills 2 in Saratoga County

There are 144 comments on the WNYT Albany story from Jun 5, 2008, titled Crash kills 2 in Saratoga County. In it, WNYT Albany reports that:

Police say two people have died following a two-car crash in Saratoga County. Michael Arpey of Porters Corners was driving his pickup truck northbound Wednesday night when he crossed into the opposite lane, and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WNYT Albany.

jhpc

Saratoga Springs, NY

#21 Jun 8, 2008
Sarah wrote:
My heart aches for both families..Mike leaves behind a 8 month old son and beautiful wife. Please pray for everyone envolved.
he is the stupid asshole who knew about what can happen when you drink & drive. so i don't give a shit about how his family feels and about him leaving a baby behind!hes an adult, maybe he should have thought about this before! we just lost a child because of this f***ing asshole!i have two teenage boys who go to saratoga, and my 1 son knew him. he took someone very precious away, i only wish arpey lived so he could have been punished to the fullest extent of the law,and had to live with what we have to live with everyday.god bless eddies family and friends!!our thoughts and prayers are with you.
katey

Woodside, NY

#22 Jun 8, 2008
this is really tough to see a kid die this young when it was not his fault. it really upsets me that a person had to be drunk driving and take another kids life i didnt have the pleasure to meet you eddie but i wish i did. i have heard from plenty that you are an amazing person. my heart and prayers go to his family and friends and the drunk driver's wife and child. eddie you will be remembered.and he was wearing a seatbelt. rest in peace eddie. <3
sln

South Bethlehem, NY

#23 Jun 9, 2008
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>Sarah, why are you being so sarcastic, the 44 year old, intoxicated man, driving 100 miles per hour could have prevented this tragedy. He is not innocent. He killed a young boy, just starting his life. Of course there is compassion for his wife and child, but, if he really cared, why did he become intoxicated and drive. Stay at home and get drunk, if you must!
How do you know he wasn,t home drunk then had to go get diapers? wait till the facts are in to judge. How would you like it if it was you?
sln

South Bethlehem, NY

#24 Jun 9, 2008
It makes me so mad that everyone has to bash someone. Why can't we all feel bad for everyone involved? That's why it's a tradgedy. Even if mike was drinking and made a mistake it dosen't make him a horrible person. He maybe wrong, he shouldn't have been driving, but does that negate all the good you have done. It's easy for everyone to feel bad for the obvious victim.( rightfully so ) But what about the family left behind is it fair to trash their memory of a loved one to make yourself feel better? No one is coming back. Leave the name calling and trash talk for the hallways. If it's not a know fact then don't post it as one you big mouthed idiots.
sln

South Bethlehem, NY

#25 Jun 9, 2008
jhpc wrote:
<quoted text>
he is the stupid asshole who knew about what can happen when you drink & drive. so i don't give a shit about how his family feels and about him leaving a baby behind!hes an adult, maybe he should have thought about this before! we just lost a child because of this f***ing asshole!i have two teenage boys who go to saratoga, and my 1 son knew him. he took someone very precious away, i only wish arpey lived so he could have been punished to the fullest extent of the law,and had to live with what we have to live with everyday.god bless eddies family and friends!!our thoughts and prayers are with you.
How about you act like an adult and leave the name calling and 4 letter words to the high school kids. I wish it was your kid. How does that make you feel? Maybe you should think about the other people involved. Your not the only one with feelings and neither was eddie.

Since: May 08

Latham, NY

#26 Jun 9, 2008
jhpc wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an adult with children? I can only hope that their compassion will come from someone else in the family. First of all, I do not know either family, but this past weekend I did see where the accident happened. There were 3 HS aged girls out there at the memorial set up and they were visibly upset and my heart went out to them. I even cried thinking about the young LIVES taken there. Of course, Eddie at 17 but also Mike at 44. They were both too young to die. Also, where it happened is a VERY bad corner. You didn't have to be drunk to not make that corner if you were driving fast. That road has many twists and turns and maybe the speed limit should be reassessed there. But lets not jump to conclusions before the toxicology reports come back...things aren't always as they may seem. Trust me I have learned that many times over the past year. We also don't know if something may have happened to him while he was driving to make him swerve into the other lane. Please lets keep the name calling and horrible thoughts to yourselves as BOTH families are grieving right now. Think of the child who will never know his father. That child is innocent too.
Zack Lynch

Woodside, NY

#27 Jun 9, 2008
jhpc wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think mike can hear you? Think About who you are hurting with your thoughtless words.

and if you are intent on continuing the hurting why not post your name.
Kathy

Olympia, WA

#28 Jun 9, 2008
I am from Spokane, Washington where Eddie lived for a number of years. Even though we have not seen Eddie in a few years we feel the loss very deeply. My daughter was a good friend of Eddie's and he spent time at our house. He was a wonderful young man and I feel lucky to have gotten the chance to spend time with him. My prayers and thoughts are with his family.
class of 81

Astoria, NY

#29 Jun 9, 2008
rest in peace michael!!!!!
tina capone

Astoria, NY

#30 Jun 9, 2008
you are gonna tell me that a 17 year old boy with a permit and no adult in the car at 10 pm driving a sports type car was just driving along at 40 miles an hour minding his p's and q's not talking on a cell phone or messin with the radio ,or changing a cd just ,sunday driving come on people!!! you don't know what really happened here only guessing and it is just easier to place blame ! there has been no confirmation that either person was driving 40 miles an hour, or that either person consumed a drink or two! did anyone take into concideration that michael may have lost control because of chest pain,a seizer, maybe choking on something? no because it is easier to listen to some volinteer from the scene how thinks he has all the answers and no facts!!!!! to "both" of "gods children"....rest in peace!!! to the families keep their memories close to your heart! and to all of you hipacrits.... that have never gotten behind the wheel after a drink, or let someone get behind the wheel after a drink, or you parents that never had parties for your kids and severed them alcohol it's time for all of you to grow-up and keep your dumb comments to yourself 'cause you are all guilty!!!!!!!! michael rest in peace and watch over that baby boy and guide him as if you were here!!!!!!!!!
tina capone

Astoria, NY

#31 Jun 9, 2008
to all of you kids that are out ,drinking , druggin, talking on phones and not watching the road, guess what? you are wrong too !!!! now grow -up!!!! how many people have been killed because of these reasons and inexperienced drivers?????? alot !!!!!!!!!
Jean

Woodside, NY

#33 Jun 9, 2008
It is unfathamable to me that anyone could defend Mr. Arpey. Being the greatest guy in the world does not defend his actions. The 17 year old had a valid license and was not driving a sports car. I don't care if Mike got drunk at home and went out to get diapers, he was wrong. And if he lived, he would be sentanced to 20 years in state prison, leaving his family destitute.
It is a crime and he stole an innocent life. He chose to drink and drive. I'm sorry for his family, but did he really care? And why take someone else with him?
tck

Astoria, NY

#34 Jun 9, 2008
Jean wrote:
It is unfathamable to me that anyone could defend Mr. Arpey. Being the greatest guy in the world does not defend his actions. The 17 year old had a valid license and was not driving a sports car. I don't care if Mike got drunk at home and went out to get diapers, he was wrong. And if he lived, he would be sentanced to 20 years in state prison, leaving his family destitute.
It is a crime and he stole an innocent life. He chose to drink and drive. I'm sorry for his family, but did he really care? And why take someone else with him?
I didn't say that he didn't have a valid license, but he did have a sports like car i beleive it was a sunfire he was 17 he would not be seen in anything else! and all the other points i made are on the money!!maybe you are a nasty rotten person does that mean you should not leave your house? maybe michael was dealt this card and had areal problem and just because you didn't kill someone after you got in your car after drinking or drugging does not exempt you!! now grow up!!
seriously

Cambridge, NY

#36 Jun 9, 2008
Right you are....wait until the final results of the investigation is revealed, then Ill issue a "told ya so"
Sarah wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't mean to sound sarcastic. People always seem to jump to conclusions with out all the facts. No exact speed has been determined (100mph)nor the presance of alcohol. It's just a very heart breaking situation.Yes, speed was factor as well as carelessness but don't jump to conclusions without all the facts.Both families are suffering right now and BOTH families need prayers and support."Seriously" just struck a nerve with me with his/her comment and I appologize if I have offened anyone
jean

Woodside, NY

#37 Jun 10, 2008
It was a 1990 Pontiac. A lot of you would feel entirely different, if it was your child that was killed.
TCK

Astoria, NY

#38 Jun 10, 2008
not to mention michael's momm just passed away suddenly in october !!!!!!!!!!

Since: May 08

Latham, NY

#39 Jun 10, 2008
Have the toxicology reports come back????? How do we know he was drunk? I am not defending drunk driving by any means....we just don't know for sure the man WAS drunk!!! Can we wait to condemn him when the tests come back??? Like I said yesterday, I drive that road and it has lots of twists and turns and it's easy to see how this could have been just a HORRIBLE accident. That corner is not very safe. Why don't we wait till we have ALL THE FACTS PEOPLE?? ok??
NicoleB Florida

Orlando, FL

#40 Jun 10, 2008
" To ALL of you posting..........If you are going to make comments and opinions, try to make sure that you are making EDUCATED remarks. I feel after reading some of your comments that you haven't really read the articles and you truly know NOTHING about the family of Edward Loomis. I have known Eddie and his family for over 20 years. I can tell you under no uncertain terms that Eddie WAS NOT DRINKING. He DID NOT DRINK and DID NOT DO DRUGS. HE WAS wearing his seatblet. His death was a TRAGEDY of being in the wrong place at the WRONG time. He was A VICTIM. He was loved totally and completely by his parents and his 2 older sisters, did not come from a broken home, and was home on time EVERY night of his life. He was an excellent student, was a great athlete, and was an all around GREAT kid. Once you got past the quiet kid that he was, you found an incredible sense of love for his family and a sense of humor to rival that of others. He would give the shirt off his back to make his mother smile. He was the kind of kid that everyone WISHES they had. The remarks that are being made are hurtful and untrue to the family and I think that ALL of you should start thinking before you write. If you read the articles, Eddie was hit by the other driver when the ADULT man crossed the center line. As soon as the toxicology reports come in, THEN we will know if Arpey was drinking. Please have more care when making idiotic statements. You do realize that the families will read EVERYTHING you have written here.
As My Grandfather used to say, "It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought the fool, then to open your mouth and PROVE it!"
Thanks, Nicole
sln

South Bethlehem, NY

#41 Jun 10, 2008
Jean wrote:
there is a difference in defending someone's actions and their memory. one mistake no matter how BIG does not negate all the good someone does. no one , no matter how drunk gets behind the wheel thinking they are going to kill someone on the way home. it was not a thought out decision to take someone with him. that's why it's an accident. and we aren't supposed to feel bad for his 7 month old son because he made a mistake. or his wife who has to raise a boy on her own. how was she asking for this? it's probably harder to deal with knowing that mike took such a nice kid with him.
Sarah

Rensselaer, NY

#42 Jun 10, 2008
I still did hear that the Tox reports are back.

Maybe he crossed the line for some other reason and only he knows.

Please don't jump to conclusions about being drunk...until we know for sure.

I agree with sln thats why it's an accident.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saratoga Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ballston Spa Welcomes new Principal at Wood Roa... Jun 27 Oz skaneateles 1
Cop Nathan Baker Getting Fired Jun 24 Shot a cop 2
News New Market 32 drops the tobacco Jun 17 Dennis S 1
News Man faces DWI, hit and run charges after allege... Jun 8 No Way 1
Review: Saratoga Boatworks (Mar '09) Jun 1 jim 5
Birth Parents & Adoptees & Siblings- New York A... May '15 joanNYadoptees 1
the music thread (Apr '12) May '15 Musikologist 18
More from around the web

Saratoga Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE