Crash kills 2 in Saratoga County

Full story: WNYT Albany 144
Police say two people have died following a two-car crash in Saratoga County. Michael Arpey of Porters Corners was driving his pickup truck northbound Wednesday night when he crossed into the opposite lane, and ... Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
sue

Albany, NY

#1 Jun 5, 2008
What a shame. Since they were ejected from their vehicles, they probably weren't wearing their seatbelts. In this day and age, everyone should be wearing them. Yes, they can be uncomfortable, but they also can save your life!
amanda

Ballston Spa, NY

#2 Jun 5, 2008
Eddie was in my science class. He was an amazing person. I will miss him alot. I lost a friend two years ago in an accident and he didnt make it. It feels horrible knowing you'll never see that person again. I pray for eddie and his family.
Wiz

Clifton Park, NY

#3 Jun 5, 2008
Eddie we miss you kid sorry it had to end like that. we had a football meeting today remembering you from last season. i cant believe it i was just talking to you yesterday during lifting and now your gone. and it aint his fault for nothing it was that old shit bag whole hit him head on.
Sara

United States

#4 Jun 5, 2008
Eddi we all miss you... why did it have to be you. we all wish this never happened. you were truely an amazing guy and an amazing boyfriend to my bestfriend... R.I.P. edward loomis
Wiz

Clifton Park, NY

#5 Jun 5, 2008
sorry sara i know that must be hard for you be strong
Zack

Ballston Spa, NY

#6 Jun 5, 2008
Hey man we all miss you so much. You were such a good friend and this year we are going to win states for you bud...R.I.P
Pat

Gansevoort, NY

#7 Jun 5, 2008
Eddie, dude its different without you. We used to joke around at weight lifting about me being strong. ah those were good times man. I'm going to miss you man.
Jennifer

Warrensburg, NY

#8 Jun 5, 2008
What a horrible tradgedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families involved.I live on Route 9N and i believe that this stretch of road is very dangerous. I think something should be done to lower the speed limit on this road.I truley believe that they should make 9N 45mph for the whole road (55 is too fast).
Sarah

Rensselaer, NY

#9 Jun 5, 2008
My heart aches for both families..Mike leaves behind a 8 month old son and beautiful wife. Please pray for everyone envolved.
seriously

Cambridge, NY

#10 Jun 5, 2008
THATS WHAT HAPPENS FOLKS WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK AND DRIVING AT 100 MPH.
SEAT BELTS EVEN IF THEY DID HAVE THEM ON WOULD HAVE BEEN NO USE!!!!!!!
ITS UNFORTUNATE HE TOOK THE POOR KID WITH HIM TO THE GRAVE!!!!!
jim

Albany, NY

#11 Jun 6, 2008
sue wrote:
What a shame. Since they were ejected from their vehicles, they probably weren't wearing their seatbelts. In this day and age, everyone should be wearing them. Yes, they can be uncomfortable, but they also can save your life!
Agree, wear your belt. Whats the latetist craze. Wearing your belt under your shoulder. Not above it like the normal way. Any one seen people do this. I am seeing this alot, especially woman, now guys are doing it.
Kim

Westerville, OH

#12 Jun 6, 2008
To all of Eddies Family and Friends, I am so sorry for your loss. Far too young.
Sarah

Rensselaer, NY

#13 Jun 6, 2008
seriously wrote:
THATS WHAT HAPPENS FOLKS WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK AND DRIVING AT 100 MPH.
SEAT BELTS EVEN IF THEY DID HAVE THEM ON WOULD HAVE BEEN NO USE!!!!!!!
ITS UNFORTUNATE HE TOOK THE POOR KID WITH HIM TO THE GRAVE!!!!!
Didn't realize speed was 100mph and the tox reports were back,thank you for verifying that info. Way to show compassion!! I'm sure both of these famlies appreciate your heart felt concerns. It's very sad day for us (teachers) in Saratoga thanks for making us feel so much better.

Since: Jun 08

Amsterdam, NY

#14 Jun 6, 2008
This is terrible, my thoughts are with their families.
Jean

Woodside, NY

#15 Jun 6, 2008
Sarah wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't realize speed was 100mph and the tox reports were back,thank you for verifying that info. Way to show compassion!! I'm sure both of these famlies appreciate your heart felt concerns. It's very sad day for us (teachers) in Saratoga thanks for making us feel so much better.
Sarah, why are you being so sarcastic, the 44 year old, intoxicated man, driving 100 miles per hour could have prevented this tragedy. He is not innocent. He killed a young boy, just starting his life. Of course there is compassion for his wife and child, but, if he really cared, why did he become intoxicated and drive. Stay at home and get drunk, if you must!
Robert

Saratoga Springs, NY

#16 Jun 6, 2008
Eddie was one of my closest dearest friends and now there isnt a moment that goes by that im not thinking of him. i was crushed when i found this out thursday morning. its just tragedic when someone so good as eddie has to die for someones elses stupid actions. i just wish i couyld have prevented it in some way. R.I.P Eddie i will never forget you
Sarah

Rensselaer, NY

#17 Jun 6, 2008
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>Sarah, why are you being so sarcastic, the 44 year old, intoxicated man, driving 100 miles per hour could have prevented this tragedy. He is not innocent. He killed a young boy, just starting his life. Of course there is compassion for his wife and child, but, if he really cared, why did he become intoxicated and drive. Stay at home and get drunk, if you must!
I didn't mean to sound sarcastic. People always seem to jump to conclusions with out all the facts. No exact speed has been determined (100mph)nor the presance of alcohol. It's just a very heart breaking situation.Yes, speed was factor as well as carelessness but don't jump to conclusions without all the facts.Both families are suffering right now and BOTH families need prayers and support."Seriously" just struck a nerve with me with his/her comment and I appologize if I have offened anyone
miss shannon

Clifton Park, NY

#18 Jun 6, 2008
this is so sad.. i have been reading about way too many deaths in the past month due to vehicles.. and vehicles mixed with alcohol... it is our own kinda terrorism... or own bombs, our own selfishness and our own people killing us...
with that said my thoughts and prayers are with the families that are involved.. may your loved one rest in peace and may god be with u
Crystal Loomis

Altamonte Springs, FL

#19 Jun 6, 2008
Eddie was my half brother but I had never met him because I did not have a realationship with my father. Life is so precious and it is hard to forgive. There is always someone to blame and it takes away from the fact that two precious lives have been lost. One that was way too young and innocent. I can only wish that I had put other feelings aside to meet such a great person. Please Drink Repsonsibly and Do not drink and drive. Life is precious and a whole world of hurt is the result. Love and love aloud. Crystal Hood, Crystal Loomis.
Zack Lynch

Woodside, NY

#20 Jun 8, 2008
Eddie was wearing his seatbelt and yes Mike made a horrible mistake as he was a human being, also with a loving family of his own. My words cannot express the tragedy to all involved, its all wrong and I cant see the right. Unfortunatly life does what it will with us, and all we can do is hang on and stick together.

Its hard enough as it is...

sincerely
zack

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saratoga Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 12 min democrats 16,788
Pakistan flood sinks boat carrying wedding party 19 hr NITiN 3
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 23 hr jthartford 6,435
Hilary Blair Sep 11 Really 1
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Sep 8 positronium 6,387
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Sep 2 Austrian Expat 439
Mt. McGregor in Wilton among 4 prisons eyed for... Aug 30 citizen c 3
•••
•••
•••

Saratoga Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Saratoga Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Saratoga Springs News, Events & Info