Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201854 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Big D

Modesto, CA

#219966 Oct 4, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>A President is like a CEO, he is supposed to unite the country, not split it up more. Only the die heart Liberals like you sit back and play the one side is good, the other side is bad game. The shutdown doesn't bother me, doesn't affect me. Why should I care? Isn't that your argument for gay marriage?
And we have not had one of those for a long long time.

Obama has been so-so, nothing special, but at the least he has derailed some of the disastrous GOP policies, certainly not enough.

Still it doesn’t matter, as long as the Tetards are the litmus test for a Republican candidate, they have no shot.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#219967 Oct 4, 2013
Are people still whining about this? LMAO

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#219968 Oct 4, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>the Democrat plan of no negotiations or compromise will backfire when the American people get off the Diane Sawyer grid. Now we see the spoiled child crying to the people spitting blame after blame and making sure the people are punished by closing down unnecessary parks and memorials. It doesn't surprise me that you don't get it since you believe whatever the media tells you. It doesn't surprise me that you would support an evil criminal as in Hillary. First we had to have a darker skin tone, now a female, when can we get the best candidate? You don't surprise me.
Wait a minute here Riccardo. Weren't you the first to complain about the vote being tossed by the court? Think about it. In the political arena of U.S. democracy, all is fair game. Closing down stuff and pointing fingers is just one part of that democracy. The bottom line is our leaders and political parties don't work toward reaching consensus but toward pleasing various special interest groups. They are becoming more and more polarized every day. Your harsh words only fuel this type of polarization which results in gridlock. Perhaps we need to crash and burn so that we can all get back on the same page again, which is a very likely outcome.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#219970 Oct 4, 2013
Mikey the loser shitstain wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I knew it what a bunch of bigoted horsesh*t!'good old days' what a joke, and using movies as an example! Pappy, you live in CA and you still don't know the movie industry is the cruelest most corrupt industry that there is? The problem with you old judgmental asstrolls is YOUR NOT MORAL! Moral people aren't on chats telling people to STFU. Either Die or Evolve I don't care which, just keep your ignorant repressing BS to yourself and stop inflicting it on everyone else. POS
Throw another tantrum, shitferbrains. Let's see something akin to a child in the cereal aisle popping veins in its head over Boo Berry.

You're a real bath house baccalaureate. All hail Shitferbrains©!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#219971 Oct 4, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Well said. Only the idiots get caught up in this blame game. Time for the Libertarian party.
Thanks.

Well, I'm not quite sure about some of the Libertarians, but the "please like me!" GOP is as useless as Mikey/Dan/Don/Emo/Duh.

Every inroad the Stains have made is because the spineless GOP looked the other way.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#219972 Oct 4, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
Are people still whining about this? LMAO
Are people still using AOLspeak?
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#219973 Oct 4, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I knew it what a bunch of bigoted horsesh*t!'good old days' what a joke, and using movies as an example! Pappy, you live in CA and you still don't know the movie industry is the cruelest most corrupt industry that there is? The problem with you old judgmental asstrolls is YOUR NOT MORAL! Moral people aren't on chats telling people to STFU. Either Die or Evolve I don't care which, just keep your ignorant repressing BS to yourself and stop inflicting it on everyone else. POS
You are a perfect exaple of the trash this country is collecting!
Bee On Boehners

Azusa, CA

#219974 Oct 4, 2013
GOP demands negotiation as shutdown drags on 4th day of stupity brought on by the GOP/Republican Tea Party Bingo bums.

The Tea Party fools have made Boehner their b I t C h.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#219975 Oct 4, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Throw another tantrum, shitferbrains. Let's see something akin to a child in the cereal aisle popping veins in its head over Boo Berry.
You're a real bath house baccalaureate. All hail Shitferbrains©!
Not a tantrum asstroll, just the truth..Now go back under that rock moron.
OutLaw GOP RNC

Azusa, CA

#219976 Oct 4, 2013
This is what the Republicans and Tea Party people think about Americans.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/10/...

They all need to be arrested and tried as criminals.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#219977 Oct 4, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a perfect exaple of the trash this country is collecting!
Coming from a ignorant bigoted piece of sh+t like you, I'll consider it a compliment.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#219979 Oct 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not, Im not a republican, there does need to be control and regulation, based on justice and freedom and equality
Oh so you're a democrat.....the need to control and regulate based on leftist ideas of "justice, freedom, and equality".
And no right is being taken away, men can marry women or men, women can marry men or women, it is as it should be. Recognized on the federal level in all 50 states, and in a growing number of state governments and nations worldwide
The right to marry, enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife, valid in all fifty states, has ALWAYS EXISTED. No right was taken away.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#219980 Oct 4, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so you're a democrat.....the need to control and regulate based on leftist ideas of "justice, freedom, and equality".
<quoted text>
The right to marry, enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife, valid in all fifty states, has ALWAYS EXISTED. No right was taken away.
I don’t always agree with democrats, but at least they aren’t on the bus heading over the cliff.

The right to marry still exists and is extended to encompasses same sex couples as well, freedom, justice and equality prevails, and you lose.
Shootists

Azusa, CA

#219981 Oct 4, 2013
Cleveland Ohio — It hasn't been a good year for the Cleveland Police Department.
A county prosecutor is investigating a deadly chase in November that involved more than 60 squad cars and ended with 137 shots fired by 13 officers at two unarmed black people. The U.S. Department of Justice is reviewing years of excessive force claims.

Isn't this the same IDIOT state John Boehner is from the Republican Terrorists?

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#219982 Oct 4, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends on how that civil right is defined. Marriage, the legally recognized union of one man and one woman as husband and wife, is a civil right based on that union. Change the union, change the right. So when does it no longer become a civil right? Is SSM a civil right? Plural marriage? Incest?
That is YOUR definition of a marriage. We do not need to change your marriage in any way. However, gays have the same right as you do to marry the person of their choice. The 14th amendment guarantees equal access to the laws of this country. Marriage provides a huge number of privileges and rights that cannot be gained in any other manner. Thus, SSM is a civil right.

Plural marriages present a more difficult challenge, again based on the rights and privileges inherent to the institution of marriage. If those challenges can be adequately addressed, I will be fighting just as hard as I am now to make plural marriages legal for all who wish to be in such.

#219983 Oct 4, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
FOR THE LAST TIME YOU COMMIE....YOU CAN'T TAKE AWAY THE PEOPLE'S RIGHT TO VOTE!!!! Or put proposals on a ballot TO BE VOTED ON! IF you don't like it.......MOVE TO NORTH KOREA!!!!!!!
You cannot "vote" to deny people's civil rights. That is why the original Constitution was amended with the Bill of Rights.

Or, well, okay, you CAN put it on a ballot and vote on it, you do have that right, but you better EXPECT that it will be tossed out as soon as it lands in court. Checks and Balances in action!
LemonHead Boehner

Azusa, CA

#219984 Oct 4, 2013
As House Republicans gathered Friday, Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, signaled his continued opposition to bringing up a vote for a clean.

A six-week extension of government spending at current levels even though it appeared such a measure could pass with the support of most Democrats and a handful of Republicans.

#219985 Oct 4, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I kind of understand what you mean, because now my civil rights are being taken away from me in this tug of war.
That is a lie, and you know it. You do not lose anything with Gays getting their right to marriage recognized.
Gustavo wrote:
Every thing was fine until the gay cult began chasing their dream to be accepted by society and the government. In doing that the cult forced and demanded to change what was their own right to marry, we all had the same rights.
The only way to have a rational conversation is for you to stop lying. If they had always had the same rights, we would not be having this discussion.
Gustavo wrote:
It was you twisted FKs that made up your own twisted rules. Now there is real divide between the sane and the insane.
Okay, then you should work to become sane. End of problem, since the only problem is yours.
Gustavo wrote:
Gays are still not accepted by the feds because you never did get everything that you wanted.
Only a matter of time...

#219986 Oct 4, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
My rights to live among a moral society. Homosexualse are changing what was once the American way of life, families that had a female for a mother and a male for a father. I have no problem if you want to be gay, just don't change the rules at my expense. If you want to remember what the good old days were like just check out old movies 30s 40s 50s. I know they are movies but they do show how what American life was based on.
So, demanding that gays NOT get married is somehow more moral than allowing them to form stable, committed partnerships? And as far as those movies go, they also show blacks as the servants (or criminals) and Asians as inscrutable villains. I don't think going backwards with a society is ever a good idea.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#219987 Oct 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t always agree with democrats, but at least they aren’t on the bus heading over the cliff.
No they're driving it.
The right to marry still exists and is extended to encompasses same sex couples as well, freedom, justice and equality prevails, and you lose.
How is it "extended"? If you're so big on "extending" marriage, then you must be in favor of "freedom, justice, and equality", for plural marriage families too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Mateo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Abortion Harvesting Scandal: Aborted Baby Organ... 4 hr soylent green is ... 1
News Contra Costa Times/Oakland Tribune editorial: M... 20 hr Jodyshouse 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Leland Yee as State Senator? Mon Nick 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Michael O'Mahony as Council M... Mon Nick 1
DA/Public Officials VIOLATES FEDERAL LAWS AETA/... Jun '15 EQUAL RIGHTS 14
News Home energy revolution? May '15 Solarman 1
News How statea s new water conservation rules affec... May '15 Recall Jerry Brown 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Mateo Mortgages