Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,188

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213161 Aug 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You can back peddle all day long... taxes are recognition, it means the federal government recognizes them as married regardless if the state does or not.
so now there is no state where they cannot be recognized by the federal government.:)
They. Right. Earlier you said "we".
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213163 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>

United States citizens are allowed a full set of liberties and freedoms unless those said set of freedoms produce harm.
Once again. Where does it say that?
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

#213169 Aug 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hypocrisy.
Wrong guy dizzo
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

#213170 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just seemed like you would. My bad.
LOL!!!
He likes bigger stuff, Donkey is his favorite
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213174 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
Where is the part that says anything is OK as long as it doesn't "afford viable harm to a full set of liberties moron"?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213176 Aug 29, 2013
Sameoldstuff wrote:
<quoted text>He likes bigger stuff, Donkey is his favorite
More dopey ad hominem. Get a real argument or apologize for wasting our time.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213177 Aug 29, 2013
Sameoldstuff wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong guy dizzo
So you're for incest marriage eh, sport? Tell us about it. Give us your best pitch.

This should be good.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213178 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dipwad....I think it's your burden to show gay marriage produces harm.
Just and FYI before you vomit on yourself yet again.
You owe me - don't forget.
No actually he need do nothing. The burden falls on you to tell him why we should allow gay marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213179 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Same reason no one would think Valvoline's 10/40 synthetic motor oil would perform the same function as Ex Lax during periods of constipation.
It's called bullshit friend.
Your post is bullsh!t.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213180 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't help a blind man reach his cane standing 2 feet away from him from what I've witnessed...LOL!!!
You're F-ing worthless.
This entire COUNTRY is based on the idea that each of it's citizens are allowed a full set of liberties and the avenues to pursue whatever brings them happiness unless those pursuits prove to be harmful to others.
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/con...
I have no desire to educate the narrow minded and funny thing is if you disagree with me it means little given you'll have you ass HANDED to you should you decide where I should live among other things.
You're just another spoiled American without a clue of not only our country's origins but of our makeup.
You're a punk buddy. No more.
yOU SPOILED FUCV
Temper temper!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213181 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee dumbass...
...where in the Constitution does it specify Asians can own land?
Where in the Constitution does it advise women can vote?
Where in the Constitution does it make it known blacks can be left alone?
-Fact is those familiar with the Constitution recognize it was an instrument that put teeth behind the idea that ALL American citizens we are allowed a full set of liberties IDIOT.
Had it not been we would have held a vote in your no doubt shithole neighborhood and I'd bet my bottle top collection your neighbors would have voted you out leaving you with the areas of Siberia or North Korea to move to.
You're just some spoiled punk who has no idea of the makeup of our great nation.
For that I assay move.
Mexico is an option.
Calm down spice trooper.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213182 Aug 29, 2013
What happened to Dan? Hope he didn't blow a gasket or something. Reminds me of a joke where Dan went up to Alaska in his snowmobile and blew a seal.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213183 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Same reason no one would think Valvoline's 10/40 synthetic motor oil would perform the same function as Ex Lax during periods of constipation.
It's called bullshit friend.
Speaking of bullsh!t, you're saying gay marriage is a right, but incest marriage is not a right.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#213184 Aug 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
They. Right. Earlier you said "we".
I don't care Frankie, you are wrong about everything else you say, you might as well be wrong about this too.

perfect score that way

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#213185 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad to know you are looking out for Hawaii.
Here is a brief synopsis of my 25 years there.
We moved on an average of every two years because we rented until the last seven years. I was in my mid forties when we bought our first home. Instead of $1,200 rent, I paid $1,300 mortgage. That was in 98.
I worked as a hotel night auditor and house painter for the first 10 years, pastoring without pay.
I experienced during that time being a minority,'f---ing hoale', because of my skin color.'Haole boy' went from being a slur to a term of affection.
We fostered almost ten children along with raising two sons during that time. Without one dime of assistance.
I was a founding member, and eventually President of the following non-profit community services, all without a single penny of compensation;
Crosslines ~ A food pantry run from the back of the Catholic Church that also provided rent/utilities/medical/dental/ housing assistance. This was one of the ministries that Pat Robertson assisted. He never turned down a request.
Love INC ~ A World Vision community program. We enlisted nearly 30 churches and assessed volunteers from those congregations to provide any kind of assistance needed. The Church I pastored also provided space for the office.
Homeless Task Force ~ Kona had numerous homeless people and families. We acquired a piece of property and built temporary housing.
The Help Center ~ Provided help to teens and their families at the local high school.
The Pregnancy Center ~ Help for pregnant woman. Free ultra-sound. Support for single mothers.
Our congregation took 10% of monthly giving and gave it away to needs we were aware of in the community.
Personally I would recruit volunteers to help people moving. With most local people renting, stressful moves happened often. I also made sure that single mothers and widows had car and home repairs addressed. If I could not do it myself, I would assist in getting it done.
I ended up moving to Hawaii because a Minister asked me to come help him. At the time I was janitor and youth pastor in Rockford, IL. It was totally out of the blue, I had never even imagined doing such a thing.
We left our family and friends for 25 years. We would go into debt every 3 years to return and visit. I retired after pastoring the same Church for 20 years.
I hope that answers your judg... questions.
So what? You were a pastor. Did you think you were going to become a multimillionaire?

I'll give you credit for the work you did. It sounds righteous.

So, at what point did you turn into a gay-fearing/hating, know-it-all about marriage? What part of being a painter, janitor, hotel night auditor, and pastor makes you an expert on what causes homosexuality, whether or not it is a disorder, and whether or not it should be cured?

Seems like all of that work would have taught you a thing or two about humility--something that I have NEVER seen you express here.

You've got life experience under your belt, but you aren't an expert. You don't hold the keys to the universe. And NONE of what you said should make you feel as though be a member of the "moral intruders"; telling gay people how they should live their lives.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213186 Aug 29, 2013
Dan, Jizzy, Veryverbose and Big D walk into a bar. The bartender says "Get the hell out of here."

YUK!YUK!YUK!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213187 Aug 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care Frankie, you are wrong about everything else you say, you might as well be wrong about this too.
perfect score that way
Get a real argument. "You are wrong." doesn't cut it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#213188 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny isn't it. The fact we can see the truths in this topic of gays marrying labels us as gay when it has nothing to do with it.
Odd thing is I myself was against gay marriage a few years ago until I gave it actual thought but I doubt these fools who barricade themselves from all the facts want to know that either.
Your posts are insightful, clear and crisp. You won't reach those unwilling to know the earth is not flat however. I face the same.
LOL!!!
It is such a deadly insult to them they think it will be for a normal person ( by normal I mean not a homophobic bigot ). I honestly don't care if they think I am gay or not.

I don't remember a time when I was opposed to same sex marriage, but I am old and my memory is not what it used to be. I have been for equal rights for as long as I can remember.

I don't think this was much of a topic before a few years ago, probably never came up much.

Knoxville, TN

#213189 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the voice in your head is short sighted, the missed boat is all yours. Again.
Jude 1:7 (NASB)
7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.
<quoted text>
First, you tried to deceive. I called you on it.
Second, you used the Bible first. Now it is invalid???
Third, there is no conflict. The incident clearly shows just how inhospitality showed up when visitors came.
No fear, no mongering. Just simple common sense.
You, on the other hand, distort and desecrate something you assert you believe in. It is reprobate behavior.
Here's a novel concept... I have never said that I do not believe that the Books of the Bible are useless; that there isn't wisdom found within their pages.

What I have repeatedly said is that YOU and others seem to rely SO HEAVILY on it that you've forgotten that there are other options of getting direction from God--namely prayer and communion with the Holy Spirit.

I have said that we should get our PRIMARY guidance from God--not from a collection of books that have been translated numerous times into various languages; leaving each translation a slightly different hue than the one before!

It's not a matter of "either/or".

Knoxville, TN

#213190 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you decided not to pursue your focus on 'the end'...
Let me summarize you assertion that ss couples go BEYOND marriage;
Ss couples have it harder.
That's your superiority?
Some would argue that two genders becoming one is much more difficult.
But in the end, you make my point. You agree that marriage IS distinct from ss couples.
Nor am I demeaning when I note the uniqueness of marriage;
In the end,
Marriage is a miraculous reunion of two genders,
a union so profound,
it is described as the union of Mars and Venus.
It units humanity to the roots of life,
while at the very same time
hosting the best and natural
birth place of future human life.
It is the blend of masculinity and femininity.
The wisdom of logic and intuition united.
Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced.
Protection and nurture combined as one.
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.
"In the End" is a poem that flies from "Out of Your End".

Perhaps you skipped my summation in my previous post, so I will repost it; leaving you no doubt about the usefulness of determining which type of relationship is "superior".

"You seem to think that heterosexual relationships that end in marriage are unique. Yes they are. But their uniqueness DOES NOT equate superiority.
This is not a race. It is not a competition in which one type of relationship is judged to be superior to all others. That is an immature and childish perspective. It is one group trying to demean another group. And there is no other human characteristic that is more disgusting."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Mateo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beam me up Scottie Sat guest 11
The news for anything how to get more,, Oct 16 Allx 1
EZChip Bullish Calls Cut Back After Sales Miss:... Oct 13 lovelyjasher 1
Please oppose re-zoning of Edgewater Place Shop... Oct 11 Foster City Citizen 1
Disney on Ice is back in San Jose! Discount on ... Sep 24 multisportmom 1
Suspects in San Mateo auto dealerships thefts a... Sep 23 STTs 1
Neil Young files for divorce from Pegi Young Aug '14 Lightning Linda 3

Beach Hazards Statement for San Mateo County was issued at October 19 at 8:48PM PDT

San Mateo News Video

San Mateo Dating
Find my Match

San Mateo Jobs

San Mateo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

San Mateo News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in San Mateo

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]