Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201881 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Big D

Modesto, CA

#205574 Jul 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been around the world and seen numerous cultures.
I love history and am well read.
I have devoted my life to marriage and family.
I have studied religions and am a man of faith.
I have studied mating behavior, sexuality and marriage.
I know marriage.
A ss couple in no way equates to marriage.
So have I, around the world more than once and very well read

I am also devoted to live and marriage and family, unlike you I do not belittle other families and marriages that are different than my own.

I am willing to wager I have studied religions more extensively than you have, many different religions, not just the particular sect you belong to

I am not a man of faith, that has become a dirty word and nothing but an excuse for the kind of hatred and spite that you display here every day.

You obviously know nothing of marriage whatsoever, you have proven that repeatedly here.

Same sex marriages do indeed exist, and are recognized on the state and federal level regardless of your closing your eyes to the fact.
Archie

Covina, CA

#205575 Jul 29, 2013
Archie Balled has answered any phone calls, tweets or email lately.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#205576 Jul 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That discussion was about being agnostic, not homosexuality.
I simply question the sincerity of a long term agnostic. If you are sincerely searching for God and He doesn't respond, either He's not there, you're not knocking hard enough, or He isn't interested.
There's not any more options, is there?
I question the faith of any Christian that stands in judgment of others.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#205577 Jul 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am also devoted to live and marriage and family, unlike you I do not belittle other families and marriages that are different than my own.
I am willing to wager I have studied religions more extensively than you have, many different religions, not just the particular sect you belong to
I am not a man of faith, that has become a dirty word and nothing but an excuse for the kind of hatred and spite that you display here every day.
You obviously know nothing of marriage whatsoever, you have proven that repeatedly here.
Same sex marriages do indeed exist, and are recognized on the state and federal level regardless of your closing your eyes to the fact.
The very fact that you deny polygamy, but excuse a sterile, gendered half fatally belies your claim.

Location hidden

#205578 Jul 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you just judge?

Smirk.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#205579 Jul 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The very fact that you deny polygamy, but excuse a sterile, gendered half fatally belies your claim.
Oh you used the word sterile again, I should remind you that the ability to have children has not kept us from issuing marriage licenses through our entire history, it has never ever been even a consideration.

You lose again :)
Big D

Modesto, CA

#205580 Jul 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you just judge?
Smirk.
I don’t claim to follow that book :)

You do, and you obviously have not even read it, or at least you follow some passages, and totally ignore others.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#205581 Jul 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
explaining different options is not considered judging a person, don't be so judgmental.
You all

Covina, CA

#205582 Jul 29, 2013
Can't you all read?

Location hidden

#205583 Jul 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you used the word sterile again, I should remind you that the ability to have children has not kept us from issuing marriage licenses through our entire history, it has never ever been even a consideration.
The fruit of a ss couple; sterile, unproductive, arid, bare, barren, bleak, dead, desert, desolate, dry, effete, empty, fallow, fruitless, futile, gaunt, impotent, infecund, infertile, unfruitful, unprofitable, unprolific, vain, waste.

Smile.

Location hidden

#205584 Jul 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t claim to follow that book :)
You do, and you obviously have not even read it, or at least you follow some passages, and totally ignore others.
Now you expose another lie about knowing religions.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#205585 Jul 29, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>explaining different options is not considered judging a person, don't be so judgmental.
However the constant belittling and judgment comments KiMare has made, is
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#205586 Jul 29, 2013
oh good grief. same old nonsense. all over again, despite the rulings already been made.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#205587 Jul 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you expose another lie about knowing religions.
Wong.:)

Know, Study and believe are 3 very different words
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#205588 Jul 29, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
oh good grief. same old nonsense. all over again, despite the rulings already been made.
Oh good grief another Jizzy sock puppet.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#205589 Jul 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wong.:)
Know, Study and believe are 3 very different words
Had a girlfriend in Hong Kong named Annie Wong. Hubba hubba! Nothing wrong about her!:)

Wasn't that the pilot's name in the jet crash at SFO? Sum Ting Wong? Copilot Wi Tu Lo?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#205590 Jul 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for plural marriages.
Then you would recognize plural marriage/polygamy is recognized by many religions around the world.
So you use secularism as your excuse for the kind of hatred and spite you display here.
Plural marriages do exist, and in more cultures and times than SSM. Even in this country, albeit without legal recognition, and in some places subject to criminal sanction. Yet you ignore the very reality of plural marriage families, as though they are not worthy of your respect, due in part for,your hatred of all things religious.No SIR, it is YOU, who knows nothing about marriage. You treat SSM as a secular sacred cow, and belittle those who would dare oppose such a fundamental social change, as if the only opposition could be borne of "bigotry". A "bigotry" that only you and others who share such a view are allowed to define. I suggest you examine your true motivations for belittling individuals who object to the rejection of conjugal marriage in several states, and the efforts by some to extend that rejection nationwide.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#205591 Jul 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor does it need to be. I should remind you SIR, that marriage, the legally recognized union of husband and wife is just that. A union of both sexes. Recognition of marriage contains within it, the understanding of marriage as a sexual union, one that can and does, create new life. Are you not familiar with such terms as"consummation", "marital relations", and "presumption of paternity" , words that reference the male female sexual union?

No SIR the nation loses when we reject the understanding of marriage as a monogamous conjugal union. Where is the line drawn? Are you willing to accept other alternative forms of marriage, such as plural marriage, which is far older and has been, and is, practiced in far more times and places than SSM, in the name of Orwellian "marriage equality"?
Cowboy Dan

Sacramento, CA

#205594 Jul 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
we'll i agree Big D, those m'fer's should stay in the closet unless they are asked to talk! Only the atheist should stand in judgement since we born that ol way. Even the pope said gay is not his judgement. That Frankie comes on here all day and just posts after posts!
Tommy Tucker

San Anselmo, CA

#205595 Jul 29, 2013
Let Obama Boo Boo ram his love up your ram hole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Mateo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Senior Helpers (Mar '16) Sep 23 John A 3
San Francisco County Mugshots and Criminal Arre... Sep 21 Smith 2
News Mills principal starts new career chapter: Pam ... Sep 20 George Guiver 1
san mateo home depot vendor fair! Aug '16 fje0711 1
DA/Public Officials VIOLATES FEDERAL LAWS AETA/... (May '15) Aug '16 UN AGENDA 21 17
News Five Months into the Year and Market Finally Re... Aug '16 LAVON AFFAIR 3
News Best and Worst States to Grow Old Aug '16 ZIOTARD MONITOR 2

San Mateo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Mateo Mortgages