Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
167,121 - 167,140 of 200,328 Comments Last updated 51 min ago

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?
YOU determine whether it is a defect or not?
Unless a defect totally disables you from participation in society it is not a defect? In other words, a transgendered person doesn't have a defective cross between mind and body?
Once again your denial makes you silly stupid...
Your list doesn't include scientists.
And I've always wondered, how can anyone determine whether homosexuality is normal if they do not know the cause or purpose? Inquiring minds want to know...
Snicker smirk.
Yes, in a word, I do determine what is a defect. Any breathing, thinking adult knows what a defect is.

A transgender person has a defect. It impacts his/her ability to function and lead a happy, fulfilling life.

A gay person who is happy with his/her orientation is not defective. Show me how a gay person negatively impacts society.

It can't be that we've had a negative impact on the population growth of mankind. There are over 7,000,000,000 people on the planet.

We're able to hold jobs and support ourselves and our families. So, it's not like we're on the public dole due to our orientation.

In what way are we defective?

You think that you have to know cause and purpose in order for something to be labeled as "normal"?

What is the purpose for water being clear? What is the purpose for teeth being a shade of white? Why does the speed of light travel at 670,616,629 miles per hour--why not 670,616,628 miles per hour? Why do we breathe oxygen and not nitrogen--couldn't God have created us to breathe nitrogen?

What causes gravity? We have theories about gravity, but nobody knows for certain what causes it. Like homosexuality, we can observe it, we can measure it, but to this day, nobody knows for sure why there are gay people.

For some reason, you can accept gravity being natural and normal, but you can't accept homosexuality as being natural and normal.

What causes some people to like beets, but others cannot stand the "earthy" flavor? Why do some people prefer jazz, while others just don't "get it"?

There are so many mysteries that you accept as normal and natural. You don't question their presence. But for some reason, you have this "thing" about gays.

Since we have no negative impact on society, I submit that the "whys" and the "hows" of homosexuality is simply not worth the time or effort to study the issue.

Bottom line, it's none of your business. It doesn't impact you (unless you are gay).

I think you'd be better off trying to get to the bottom of this "gravity issue" before the planet throws your ass out into space.
Crafty

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Yep those crafty ships captains communicate in code?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute..... all that whining you did about polygamy was because.......?
I cannot speak for Mr Hudson but if you asked me that question I would reply because poly marriage deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage.

They are both marriage. Your favorite one is not more worthy than anyone else's favorite one. They are both marriage. Equal. It's a simple concept really.

If your response is going to be whining and stomping your feetsies that I am off topic, I will re-post your last 10 posts for comparison.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, in a word, I do determine what is a defect. Any breathing, thinking adult knows what a defect is.
A transgender person has a defect. It impacts his/her ability to function and lead a happy, fulfilling life.
A gay person who is happy with his/her orientation is not defective. Show me how a gay person negatively impacts society.
It can't be that we've had a negative impact on the population growth of mankind. There are over 7,000,000,000 people on the planet.
We're able to hold jobs and support ourselves and our families. So, it's not like we're on the public dole due to our orientation.
You think that you have to know cause and purpose in order for something to be labeled as "normal"?
What is the purpose for water being clear? What is the purpose for teeth being a shade of white? Why does the speed of light travel at 670,616,629 miles per hour--why not 670,616,628 miles per hour? Why do we breathe oxygen and not nitrogen--couldn't God have created us to breathe nitrogen?
What causes gravity? We have theories about gravity, but nobody knows for certain what causes it. Like homosexuality, we can observe it, we can measure it, but to this day, nobody knows for sure why there are gay people.
For some reason, you can accept gravity being natural and normal, but you can't accept homosexuality as being natural and normal.
What causes some people to like beets, but others cannot stand the "earthy" flavor? Why do some people prefer jazz, while others just don't "get it"?
There are so many mysteries that you accept as normal and natural. You don't question their presence. But for some reason, you have this "thing" about gays.
Since we have no negative impact on society, I submit that the "whys" and the "hows" of homosexuality is simply not worth the time or effort to study the issue.
Bottom line, it's none of your business. It doesn't impact you (unless you are gay).
I think you'd be better off trying to get to the bottom of this "gravity issue" before the planet throws your ass out into space.
Shorter paragraphs, double spacing between them, I like that but words! Too many words! Pretend they cost $10 each and say the same thing.

Sorry. Can't help it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Come on Frank, tell us another war story.

Oh alright. The VC overran the camp. Jizzy (just the facts) was cowering in one of the hootches. He was scared as hell but he had a plan! He got naked, painted his dick purple with iodine from the first aid kit and ran out among them, surrendering. They laughed and took turns sodomizing him and until they were all spent. The End.

Re-posted for my amusement.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the United States, you are confusing it with ancient Athens that was a pure democracy, we are also a republic
This from the People's Republic of California. Helllloooooooo.....the people put the issue on the ballot and voted twice in the affirmative. Those pesky patriots voted for this:

"only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California."
Perhaps you should go to elementary school, or better go to an immigration center that has classes on citizenship and learn just a little bit about your new country here before making more foolish posts.
American by birth, Italian by the grace of God. College grad. Former military reservist. Married with children.....
In this country, a majority cannot decide to remove rights from a minority over bias, and when ther is no harm to the majority. This is a very different land than ancient athens.
[/QUOTE[

No rights removed, a simple definition of marriage confirmed, twice. See above.

[QUOTE]
I hope you enjoy your stay and decide to actually become a citicezn of our great nation.
Grandma and Grandpa would be proud. Oh wait they were naturalized citizens.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) "Some things should just be left as they were."
Why is that? We didn't leave slavery as it was. We didn't leave gender inequality as it was. Our economy has changed dramatically over the past couple of centuries.
Why is that "some things" should be left as they were, but "other things" are game for being changed?
2.) "...but when we start to change too many of the ingredients in a 'marriage', it's not that, anymore."
How does one change impact marriage? Seriously... Do you think heterosexual couples will be impacted by same-sex marriage? Do you think families will change?
I don't see the logic. Maybe I'm missing something.
The logic is if marriage means everything, it means nothing.

Before everyone flies off the handle, I support SSM, but I don't support marginalizing those wary of this tremendous social change.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay twirl Bs.

Many transgendered function just fine without adjustment.

Homosexuality is a defective failure of mating behavior, not only exposed by the failure to mutually procreate, but also by the violent violation of sexual design.

Unlike a transgendered, you are attempting to impose 'surgery' on society to fix your defect. An imposter relationship imposed on marriage, and a pretend duplicated half of parenting at the expense of children.

So much for no negative impact...

Smirk.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>ROFLMAO, INORITE, just like you where a war hero.
To flucking EASY
No hero. Just did my job. You're the only one ever talks about me being a hero.

And the Nazis didn't bomb Pearl Harbor dummy. What a dumbass!
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when are you are union member?
Aren't you even a little embarrassed with your juvenile answers?
No, just yours ... Because yours are the most juvenile of all. Not hard to see that.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.... they will write anything in a feeble minded attempt to change the subject.
Oh sure, it's not like your side, at all. But, aren't you a little ashamed of Chongo, there, who has nothing better to post than insults about neck bolts, and telling posters to go give their kids pearl necklaces, and stuff like that? Or, are you going to pretend that Chongo hasn't done all that, and more? I expect evasions, don't disappoint me now.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

It was a dark rainy night in the jungle and Private Jizzy was real scared. The Cong crept in slowly and the sarge whispered hold your fire. He wanted to wait until they were in a perfect spot for the ambush.

Jizzy couldn't take it. He stared whimpering and sobbing loudly. The VC were alerted and started laughing from the bush. Jizzy started running away. The squad wiped out the VC and then went searching for Jizzy.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.... they will write anything in a feeble minded attempt to change the subject.
Hmmm.... While we're at it.....

>Looks at title of forum<

.....Umm..... Ah, never mind, it doesn't matter anyway, you haven't come in here to discuss Prop 8, any more than any of the rest of us...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>INORITE, that why you like to talk about gay men putting animals up the ole pooper, its all in good fun huh fluck stick?
I thought you weren't gay, Jizzy. I really did.

Oh well, I thought I was lightheartedly poking fun at a straight guy. I stand corrected.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I am a union member. Thanks for asking.
Yeah, but, didn't he attempt to change the subject, though?
:-D
Just noticing...
He swaps sides more than a flipped coin...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
We know about the origins of monsters like you.
Do you hate god for making you the way he did?
:)
>Looks at title of forum<
"Off-Topic" "Hater" "Racist" "Reported"
IOW, no possible rational argument against what KiMare has logically posted. Apology accepted. "Looks like you'll have to STFU".
:-D
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
If I did have a testicle, that would be one more than you have.
Plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery. Frank will appreciate your parroting of his material. Or, was it pirating? Doesn't matter, the heroin has destroyed your brai....Wait a minute. You never had one, anyway, carry on with the mainlining. Do you need for me to buy you a subscription to "Tourniquets Anonymous"?
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, stupid, people have kids for their own reasons, because they want to. They want someone to carry on the family name, they want to see what the kids will look like, they feel pressured to have kids, or they just want to... Not because humanity will die out without their spawn.
In other words, for the continuity of the human race. Unless, you imagine all the people are accidents, like you were.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Gues wrote:
<quoted text>
It's like voting in the Reichstag that Jews have no rights. If it's against a superior form of justice, be it the nebulous "human rights" in their case or, in this case, California Constitution, it is not legal and you can vote all you want, that doesn't make it legal. It's like voting in the State Assembly to not give people the right to free speech. It's unconstitutional. That's why.
No, it's not. The Constitution never included sexual behaviorists as a "protected" class. They never imagined that such idiocy would rear its head.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
If one could doesn't spawn humanity will die out?
Would you mind typing that in Englis....Never mind, keep drooling onto the keyboard.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

San Mateo News Video

•••
•••

San Mateo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

San Mateo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE