Pioneering Gay Activist Jose Sarria Laid to Rest, Regally

Sep 8, 2013 Full story: Towleroad 31

Jose Sarria, a pioneering activist and drag queen who founded the Imperial Court system and was the first openly gay political candidate in the U.S. in 1961 , died in August but was given a dignified, elaborate, royal drag funeral in San Francisco on Friday.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Listen to the Word

Bullhead City, AZ

#1 Sep 8, 2013
"Professing themselves to be wise, the become fools," says St. Paul. Here are completely grown adult still playing dress up games -- and in church no less. I assume that the message of Jesus' vicarious death on the cross for the sins of the world and the salvation of believers was completely missing from the "service." Look for more losses to TEC is this is how they come to God's house to worship the Lord when someone dies. Reading this it is certainly obvious why any Bible believing person or congregation would leave TEC in the dust as they run for the nearest door.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#2 Sep 8, 2013
Listen to the Word wrote:
"Professing themselves to be wise, the become fools," says St. Paul. Here are completely grown adult still playing dress up games -- and in church no less. I assume that the message of Jesus' vicarious death on the cross for the sins of the world and the salvation of believers was completely missing from the "service." Look for more losses to TEC is this is how they come to God's house to worship the Lord when someone dies. Reading this it is certainly obvious why any Bible believing person or congregation would leave TEC in the dust as they run for the nearest door.
We all play dress up on Sunday morning....when was the last time you went to church?

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#3 Sep 8, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>
We all play dress up on Sunday morning...
Most men don't put on a dress for Sunday.

#4 Sep 8, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
You never wore any vestments ever. WE DO!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#5 Sep 9, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Scottish Rite.

#6 Sep 9, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Scottish Rite.
Think Joe wears KKK robes?

#7 Sep 9, 2013
Scottish Kilts....

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#8 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
You never wore any vestments ever ...
I never wore a dress, but I wore choir robes at Holy Trinity, Inwood, NYC.

Since: Apr 13

San Francisco, CA

#9 Sep 10, 2013
Thank you Jose for your nerve when people like us were so afraid of being ourselves we killed our selves instead. LGBT people across the planet are in debt to your memory.BTW Ever seen those hats and fashion women wear on Sunday? We DQs all get some of our best drag fashion tips from them.

#10 Sep 10, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
I never wore a dress, but I wore choir robes at Holy Trinity, Inwood, NYC.
Sounds like you wear dresses to me. Robes, dresses....is there any real difference?

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#11 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>Sounds like you wear dresses to me. Robes, dresses....is there any real difference?
Between a long, flowing outer garment used for ceremonial purposes and a one piece bodice with a skirt?
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#12 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>Sounds like you wear dresses to me. Robes, dresses....is there any real difference?
This comes as no suprise with you butch.
Hell you are confused about your own gender.
Honor the thing if you must but don't bring a drag queen into a church to celebrate the perversion.

#13 Sep 11, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
This comes as no suprise with you butch.
Hell you are confused about your own gender.
Honor the thing if you must but don't bring a drag queen into a church to celebrate the perversion.
My God welcomes everyone...only your SATAN keeps people away from God.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#14 Sep 12, 2013
<quoted text>
My God welcomes everyone...
... but the improperly dressed don't stay very long.

See Matthew 22:9-14.

#15 Sep 12, 2013
Luke 15:1-10

All the tax collectors and sinners were coming near to listen to Jesus. And the Pharisees and the scribes were grumbling and saying, "This fellow welcomes sinners and eats with them."

So he told them this parable: "Which one of you, having a hundred sheep and losing one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the one that is lost until he finds it? When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders and rejoices. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them,`Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.' Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.

"Or what woman having ten silver coins, if she loses one of them, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it? When she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying,`Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin that I had lost.' Just so, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

Try this one Joe. YOU ARE THE COIN AND GOD IS LOOKING FOR YOU. She lights the candle which is JESUS to find you. Everyone is worth finding.

Come as you are...The Episcopal Church welcomes you.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#16 Sep 12, 2013
Luke 15:1-10
All the tax collectors and sinners were coming near to listen to Jesus. And the Pharisees and the scribes were grumbling and saying, "This fellow welcomes sinners and eats with them."
So he told them this parable: "Which one of you, having a hundred sheep and losing one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the one that is lost until he finds it? When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders and rejoices. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them,`Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.' Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.
"Or what woman having ten silver coins, if she loses one of them, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it? When she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying,`Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin that I had lost.' Just so, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."
Try this one Joe. YOU ARE THE COIN AND GOD IS LOOKING FOR YOU. She lights the candle which is JESUS to find you. Everyone is worth finding.
Everyone is worth finding but you are over looking something.
"Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents"
You are always welcome in the House of the Lord but as I have told you--repent your sins.

Location hidden

#17 Sep 12, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone is worth finding but you are over looking something.
"Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents"
You are always welcome in the House of the Lord but as I have told you--repent your sins.
What is good for the goose ....

is good for the gander.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#18 Sep 12, 2013

... Try this one Joe. YOU ARE THE COIN AND GOD IS LOOKING FOR YOU. She lights the candle which is JESUS to find you. Everyone is worth finding.
Stay as you are and that welcome will be worn out.

See Matthew 22:9-14

Location hidden

#19 Sep 12, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay as you are and that welcome will be worn out.
See Matthew 22:9-14
The same can be said of you.

The same can be said of me.

#20 Sep 12, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
The same can be said of you.
The same can be said of me.
He will never see it....that Jesus eats with sinners.....how dare he.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Mateo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr lollypop 5,068
Burlingame post office sold 10 hr Happy to have moved 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 12 hr pies 15,993
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 12 hr ploppers 200,936
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Mon GOP bull 2,265
Catalytic Converter Theft. Toyota Truck/SUV own... (May '07) Mon Jesie 950
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) Sep 13 ConcernedMom 106
•••

San Mateo News Video

•••
•••

San Mateo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••