Review: new home moving and storage

Posted in the San Mateo Forum

Donald Furman

Tel Aviv, Israel

#1 Nov 8, 2012
wonderful moving company!. I used flat rate to move me from CA, to NJ, I loved the service,the price and the professionalism, my move was very smooth and each and every person that i had to deal with
made me feel I was the most important client.
Donald Furman

Tel Aviv, Israel

#2 Nov 8, 2012
wonderful moving company!. I used flat rate to move me from CA to NJ, I loved the service,the price and the professionalism, my move was very smooth and each and every person that i had to deal with
made me feel I was the most important client.
chris sheperd

Tel Aviv, Israel

#3 Nov 14, 2012
so much stress regarding this move! OMG! the crewmen were so sweet and kind - big giants with delicate hands.
it cost me $890 to move from LA to NY - great deal and very good service- a 4.5 out 5
Boris Savich

Tel Aviv, Israel

#4 Nov 16, 2012
Professional and Knowledgeable Movers. I highly recommended to everyone ! New home Movers is the best. Less qouote and affordable.
The movers are great,professional and knowledgeable they managed everything.
Kate Rodgers

Tel Aviv, Israel

#5 Nov 17, 2012
Very Professional. These guys moved me from California to Tucson AZ and everything went flawless. Professional movers and great customer service. They gave me regular updates on the status of my move and were very friendly. I strongly recommend them!
C_Chavez

Portland, OR

#6 Jan 3, 2013
Terrible Moving Company! They changed my moving date, then they never showed up on the date they said, I had to call many times to can an approximate time and all they would tell me was evening. After they did not show up it took me many times to get a hold of someone and the only thing the company said was sorry. They did not offer to fix the problem, I was left with my things and left having to find new movers in a very short time frame! Terrible costumer service!!!
DGG

Washington, DC

#7 Jan 26, 2013
I had an awful experience with these guys and DO NOT recommend them. They did not come on the agreed upon date and refused to give me any more than a petty discount for the trouble (I was already out of the state by the time they picked up my stuff).
They were not in touch with me once the entire duration of the time they had my belongings. I had to call each time and was only informed on the morning the truck arrived that they were in the area.
They tacked on an extra 300 dollar charge for renting a smaller truck to get my stuff to my DC neighborhood, an additional cost that could have been included in my initial estimate. Horrible experience all around.
John V

Lynnwood, WA

#8 Jan 28, 2013
The worst. They lost a box full of computer software, games, dvds, cds, some programming books, etc, some of the items in said box cannot be replaced. When we called them to file a claim with their insurance (that we paid for), they turned around and told us we were fabricating the existence of the box in question and that we signed off on the delivery (we didn't). They dropped a few insults towards my mother and me over the phone and refuse to work with us. Stay away from these crooks.
It is one thing to lose my entire media collection, but to insult us over the phone? This is not how you conduct business, fellas.
stewart chapman

Dallas, TX

#10 May 8, 2013
so my wife decided it was time to go and i felt the situation in Ca was very bad as goes crime economy etc...
start looking for moving companies in california and read about new home moving and storage.
A. they gave me a price based on truck space which already sopunded better the playing rollete with the weight station.
B. fair price with no games
C. offered free storage.
A+B+C - went with them..
got my furniture and boxes after 5 days.
Lisa adams

Belleville, NJ

#11 May 8, 2013
Just want to let others in on the personal service and attention to detail when our family has used new home movers. They show up on time,do a great job at making the move easy and at a fair price.

Thanks for everything !

The Adams in New jersy.
JKR

Las Vegas, NV

#12 May 31, 2013
Any good comments about this company are FAKE! They are horrible people! Check out all of the YELP site comments (including 19 filtered comments at bottom). Not one above 1 star.
larisa archibald

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Jun 14, 2013
the company moved me in march - i had a good move with thise company - paid right around what was estimated - people will always complain about service because they are spoiled and the people that moved me were hard working honest and friendly.
thanks ben an the rest of the crew for getting my stuff to nyc.
DavisV

San Jose, CA

#14 Jan 11, 2014
I am writing this based on my experience with this company. What people reported about stealing items is true. I hope I saw these reports and complaints before using their crapy service. It is a very huge ripoff that I ever faced in my life. And I am very sure that the 4 issues reported below could be repeated for many people in the future.

1. The company provided an estimation which is way off from what I actually have to pay. Triple times the estimated amount.

2. The movers wrapped my stuffs up without my permission when I already told the representative over the phone before the moving date that I didn't want any wrapping materials and I will do the wrapping myself. I was not home so asked my brother to be there during the moving. The movers came and wrapped my very old mattress and charged $600. I refused to pay because I didn't ask them to do so. After a very long discussion, I paid them about half of the charge. My mattress won't even cost that much.

3. When they were about two days to the destination, they called and asked for permission to allow them to use the shuttle. The shuttle is a small truck to transfer items between the big truck and the new home or destination home. Shuttle service charge is $500. I rejected the request and told them that I bought the door to door service. They kept calling and trying to force me to use the shuttle. They have threaten me in many ways. It was supposed to be door to door service but when they were on half way then they told me about this shuttle thing which I haven't heard of before and nothing mentioned during the reservation. I rejected them no matters what they were coming from. The lady from the transportation company yelled every single time we discussed this on the phone. I still insisted not to use the shuttle or pay any extra and told them to unload my items to where they thought they couldn't go further. Also I told them I would come and take pictures of the road and area where the driver couldn't make the turn and would see them in court. The thing pissed me off is that the longest truck from another transportation company was able to deliver my cars without any complaints. And why couldn't this company do it? I think they were trying to rip me off for the extra $500. After two days argument, the conclusion was to call me over to see why they couldn't make the turn if they claim so. The truck didn't show up until 2 days later which delayed almost 48 hours from the time I was told and without any notification. I was very pissed off because of the time wasted waiting and the thing is my relatives had to call off work to be home for the delivery. Finally, they came and called me over to the turn where they claimed they couldn't make the turn. I went there and watched him turn and guess what he didn't have any difficulty and only one turn through and no problem making the turn as expected. Shame on this company for the rip off.

4. They delivered all my items during night time so it was inconvenient to go through all the items until the morning. In the first morning, I went through all the major appliances and found that my new huge LED TV was missing and a microvave was missing. I called the company and they provided a form to fill out but in the form it said that they won't pay things in full and the amount pay could be much less the value of the appliances. I had to call my own insurance to take care of this for me. I think the driver/mover stole these important appliances.

I am very sure that the 4 issues reported above will be repeated for many people in the future. Please take my words and be scrupulous. This moving has caused lots of stress for me because all these issues. I do hope this information helps you to make better decision on your moving.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Mateo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Animal rescue group finds forever homes 9 hr dead chug good chug 2
Belmont Cops Racist Nov 26 justice4all 1
Disney Junior Live On Tour! in the Bay and use ... Nov 25 multisportmom 1
Black Seadevil caught on camera at depths of 1,... Nov 24 DILF 2
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Nov 24 harry singh 374
An idea for keeping the adult school where it is Nov 21 aman jain 1
hiiiiii all of u Nov 21 pappu bhai 2

San Mateo News Video

San Mateo Dating
Find my Match