Mercury News editorial: San Mateo and Santa Clara County school measures deserve support
There are 2 comments on the The Campbell Reporter story from Oct 28, 2013, titled Mercury News editorial: San Mateo and Santa Clara County school measures deserve support. In it, The Campbell Reporter reports that:
Proposition 30 last year markedly improved funding for public schools, but little state money is available to renovate and expand them.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Campbell Reporter.
Since: Mar 13
#1 Oct 29, 2013
so, the mercury news suggests supporting it because they feel there are answers (not given) to the concerns. And because it could take years for them to come up with another plan. Doesn't sound like good reasons to vote for a bad ballot measure.
Vote NO on P.
* why tear down a school and rebuild it instead of just adding on and saving money?
* The District has $70 million remaining from Measure L from 2008
* Its a bad idea to send 5th graders to Middle School with 6-8th graders.
* Why would the District pay for solar panels with debt, instead of leasing them and locking in lower rates. Seems like a faster way to reduce costs and reduce risk instead of a huge capital outlay.
* Same with technology funding. Why set aside so much money for something that has no clear plan for how to use it and will be obsolete so quickly.
* Borel Middle School is also impacted and older with no plan for its future. Can we figure this out too?
VOTE NO on P.
#2 Nov 1, 2013
VOTE NO ON G
Add your comments below
|kon kon aaj threesame krna chahta h||Thu||raj33||2|
|cari tante yg suka brondong||Aug 25||Ajis19||1|
|audition!! audition!! audition Y B N L need up ...||Aug 23||Dr Smith manager||1|
|hello friends||Aug 21||Anonymous||2|
|i want love||Aug 21||tania||1|
|hindu girl why prefer muslim lund||Aug 15||revinvedi||2|
|OVER BILLING SCAM against san mateo taxpayers (Mar '14)||Aug 3||balozoi||11|
Find what you want!
Search San Mateo Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC