Mercury News editorial: San Mateo and Santa Clara County school measures deserve support

Oct 28, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Campbell Reporter

Proposition 30 last year markedly improved funding for public schools, but little state money is available to renovate and expand them.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Nov 1, 2013

Since: Mar 13

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

so, the mercury news suggests supporting it because they feel there are answers (not given) to the concerns. And because it could take years for them to come up with another plan. Doesn't sound like good reasons to vote for a bad ballot measure.

Vote NO on P.
* why tear down a school and rebuild it instead of just adding on and saving money?
* The District has $70 million remaining from Measure L from 2008
* Its a bad idea to send 5th graders to Middle School with 6-8th graders.
* Why would the District pay for solar panels with debt, instead of leasing them and locking in lower rates. Seems like a faster way to reduce costs and reduce risk instead of a huge capital outlay.
* Same with technology funding. Why set aside so much money for something that has no clear plan for how to use it and will be obsolete so quickly.
* Borel Middle School is also impacted and older with no plan for its future. Can we figure this out too?

VOTE NO on P.
Roy Benten

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

VOTE NO ON G

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

San Mateo News Video

•••
•••

San Mateo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

San Mateo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE