Next Last
Michael

San Mateo, CA

#21 Jan 30, 2010
I want a food court like Westfield in San Francisco
Joseph

San Mateo, CA

#22 May 26, 2010
Why would you think that a JCPenney would "Class down" hillsdale?
Don't you remember that there is a Sears at Hillsdale. I love JCPenney and I hope they do come to Hillsdale, I'm tired of driving all the way to Tanforan in San Bruno to go to one.
I think JCPenney has come a long way over the past few years and they have premium merchandise and they are always having a sale.
I would rather see JCPenney there instead of a Kohl's
christina wrote:
^^Not sure what you mean about Target messing up the character of the mall. Oakridge Mall in San Jose and Shops at Tanforan both added Targets at their malls and it has revived what used to be dead shopping centers. In Southern CA, Targets in malls are quite common, and have helped drive traffic into the rest of the mall.
http://www.coxcastle.com/publications/article...
I personally would think a JC Penney would class down the Hillsdale Mall. I could see a Kohl's coming in, although they are opening one in the old Mervyn's in RWC, so I would think they would've started on this one at the same time. Bloomingdales would be great, but I think unlikely since they usually stick to higher end malls (those with Saks, Neimans, etc).
Heather

San Mateo, CA

#23 Jan 17, 2011
Construction has started in the old Mervyns building. Does anybody know what is coming? I am hoping for a JCPennys or H&M.
helpingHand

Mountain View, CA

#24 Jan 19, 2011
This was sent out as part of the Beresford Homeowners Association Newsletter

The Hillsdale Shopping Center is in the city planning approval stage for new tenant improvements for the old Mervyn's space. By the 2011 holiday season, there should be a new restaurant and two "soft goods" (apparel) merchants in the two-story building. The Hillsdale Mall Management is not announcing the names until the ink is dry on the final contracts. Other exterior changes include moving the bus stop to the west, opposite the Wells Fargo building. Windows and landscaping will be added, to make the area more attractive. This much awaited economic activity promises to be a major improvement for our part of San Mateo.
elijah pasillas

Redwood City, CA

#25 Jan 23, 2011
Well as I working in the retail I heard it's gonna be Burlington coat factory or a Tjmaxx homegoods as like the one in San Carlos this will be exciting to see I know theirs a petition for Burlington so who knows 2012
halpingHand

Richmond, CA

#26 Feb 8, 2011
In a different san mateo thread, someone mentioned cheesecake factory is going to be one of the new tenants
Devon

Houston, TX

#27 Mar 2, 2011
They are putting a cheesecake factory there or an h&m but im not sure because old navy is moving to another location and they could put one of them on that side.
kennyc1

San Mateo, CA

#28 May 11, 2011
I know 100% that it will be a H&M and a Cheesecake Factory.
Joseph

San Mateo, CA

#29 May 21, 2011
This is what I know so far....H&M, Cheesecake Factory and P.F.Changs is going into the old Mervyn's building along with other tenants.
in the "Old" Old Navy spot next to Barnes & Noble will be a Nordstrom Rack
guess who

San Mateo, CA

#30 May 23, 2011
the old mervyns is going to be the cheesecake factory split with some other stores including forever 21 (moving from old place in mall to a much bigger place) hope this helps :)
me abc

San Mateo, CA

#31 May 25, 2011
Here's what I know so far:
Cheesecake Factory
H & M
P.F. Changs
Forever 21 (its moving from its old spot in the mall)
I don't know for sure about the H&M and P.F. Changs but for sure The Cheesecake Factory and Forever 21
anonymous

Burlingame, CA

#32 May 29, 2011
it's going to be an H&M
Bert

San Mateo, CA

#33 May 30, 2011
Michael Toschi wrote:
Does anyone know what store will replace the Mervyn's location at Hillsdale Shopping Center?
"Cheesecake Factory"
Christina

Redwood City, CA

#34 Mar 23, 2013
Just dragging this back to up to say....YES there will now be a Target in the Hillsdale center! Replacing the Sears. Thank goodness!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Mateo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Seadevil caught on camera at depths of 1,... 4 hr DILF 2
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) 9 hr harry singh 374
An idea for keeping the adult school where it is Fri aman jain 1
hiiiiii all of u Nov 21 pappu bhai 2
Yo Gabba Gabba is on tour and in San Jose 11/21! Nov 18 buckinghamnicks 1
Menlo Park police release names of officers inv... Nov 14 Grateful Citizen 1
Abandoned sea otter pup rescued off Central Coa... Nov 8 Donny B 2

San Mateo News Video

San Mateo Dating
Find my Match

San Mateo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

San Mateo News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in San Mateo

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:12 am PST

NBC Sports 9:12AM
After gutsy call, Jim Harbaugh praises Frank Gore's fourth-down run
NFL 9:46 AM
Ahmad Brooks: I've gone from 'selfish' to 'selfless'
Bleacher Report12:03 PM
What Has Happened to Vernon Davis?
NBC Sports 1:05 PM
Still no practice this week for NaVorro Bowman
Bleacher Report 1:34 PM
What Must Change for 49ers to Make the Playoffs?