Mervyn's Replacement - Hillsdale Shopping Center?

Posted in the San Mateo Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Michael Toschi

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2009

Does anyone know what store will replace the Mervyn's location at Hillsdale Shopping Center?
dalycity

San Mateo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2009

Michael Toschi wrote:
Does anyone know what store will replace the Mervyn's location at Hillsdale Shopping Center?
maybe it will be Kohl's... Kohl's has taken over quite a few Mervyns.
Rather have Bloomingdale's though
FormerMacys

San Mateo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2009

I remember the job requirement: Any 2 year college degree or higher to be a manager. We found a para-legal, accountant, even a electrical engineer.
Is there a Fashion Design for clothing, even Retail. apparently the manager refused promotion based on over-time to drop out of college, to serve the 'princess in beard with pants customer'.
christina

San Carlos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2009

I am praying it's a Target!
Stu

San Mateo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2009

christina wrote:
I am praying it's a Target!
Something wrong with the Target at Bridgepoint?
christina

San Carlos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

Stu wrote:
<quoted text>
Something wrong with the Target at Bridgepoint?
Nothing wrong with that Target....it's just closer to Foster City than my part of SM.:)
Kevin

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2009

What ever opens there, it won't be in time for the holiday shopping season. Maybe Kohls will open next year, but I doubt it. I would think they'd open it with the rest of the California stores they are opening. Don't want to see Target either. Doesn't fit with the character of the mall:

Sears
Macys
Nordstrom
Target???

No.

Maybe:

Sears
Macys
Nordstrom
JC Penny

or

Sears
Macys
Nordstrom
Bloomingdales.

I like the JC Penny option the best, but will hope and pray for a Kohls.
christina

San Carlos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

^^Not sure what you mean about Target messing up the character of the mall. Oakridge Mall in San Jose and Shops at Tanforan both added Targets at their malls and it has revived what used to be dead shopping centers. In Southern CA, Targets in malls are quite common, and have helped drive traffic into the rest of the mall.

http://www.coxcastle.com/publications/article...

I personally would think a JC Penney would class down the Hillsdale Mall. I could see a Kohl's coming in, although they are opening one in the old Mervyn's in RWC, so I would think they would've started on this one at the same time. Bloomingdales would be great, but I think unlikely since they usually stick to higher end malls (those with Saks, Neimans, etc).
former Macys

San Mateo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2009

yea, the 21 year old child UC even called me at home, and asked please dont fire my dad, just sell your stock share to us. he need to go home by 2pm too. guess what I am only 19 and working.
i am listening to mall employee crap, to make students drop out on purpose.
Plese dont 'I am a senior citizen','I am a new dad','I am a parent of a college student at $10/unit',...
former Macys

San Mateo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2009

And all that cr(p, not to fire someone. Oh the employee schedule was just made, the manager filled in yesterdays work...'your suppose to work yesterday'...
Oh your not suppose to help the employee bag the heavy box of dishes, she's only gray haired..
Oh I want the promotion its been 2 months, and I have a College Degree, I can call the 3 year employee a 'punk'.
Oh I can use my high school classmate to get in Macys, actually my boyfriend from high school.
former Macys

San Mateo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2009

I was walking by HR long ago, they called CSM, CSU to verify students that work. did it help in promotion? "NO", but yes in pay your willin to work holidays. Your a good employee, but you cant finish college. Good as in attendance, sex under 25, DUI,... your coworker cohabitates over 30.

Since: Oct 09

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

this website is fun
Next2Hillsdale

San Mateo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

The suggestion of Target would be cool, but seems too close to Bridgepoint.(But proximity didn't stop them in the DC/Colma/SB area.) Bloomingdales sounds good too.

If they can't get someone to take over the entire space, they should split the floors. What about an H&M. Even if it's just one level, I think this would be a great addition to the mall. Some other ideas are CB2, Pottery Barn, West Elm, Urban Outfitters, Anthropology, REI, or UNIQLO.
Ron

San Mateo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Judged:

It will be a SAMS Club in 2010
Michael Toschi

San Mateo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

How is it known that it will be a Sam's Club in 2010?

Since: Feb 08

San Mateo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

I have heard Sams Club, Kohls, Target, or Cheesecake Factory at different times last few months. Any one of them would make a great addition, I hope they get someone moved in there this year!
Michael Toschi

San Mateo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

I heard that JCPenney might replace it, is this going to happen for sure?

Since: Feb 08

San Mateo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

JCPenney would be perfect
SusanM

Belmont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

I personally don't like Kohl's - they charge too much for not very good quality. There are several big stores in the Mall already - why not split the space and add more smaller stores, for variety. The only problem with most Malls is that you see exactly the same stuff wherever you go. and i want Lane Bryant back! I can't get up to Tanforan as often as I want to. Torrid is good, but much of their stuff is just too young-looking for me. At least Lane Bryant used to have SOME stuff I could wear.
Topimike

San Mateo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

Or they could put in another food court - would love to see a Rubios in San Mateo :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

San Mateo News Video

•••
•••

San Mateo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

San Mateo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE