Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201864 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#142066 May 22, 2012
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
Precisely, so why should we deny two mutually loving people of reasonable age the right to that foundational relationship?
Me & my dog have been together for over 5 years. We both love each other very much. We have been thinking about starting a family of our own despite our having different genes. But it's ok, because homos think "love has no gender", so I'm sure they will also approve "love has no species" or "love has no age" (aka pedophilia). And according to the State, as long as there's "love" I can marry whomever (or whatever) I want. Me & my dog are going to create a organization called BGSA (Bestiality-Gay-Straight Alliance) to push our agenda & we will be teaching the kids who "love" their pets are "born that way" & that there is a "bestiality gene" for those attracted to animals. The LGBT said they will fully support "love with no boundaries", so they will support our bestiality agenda

/sarcasm

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#142068 May 22, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
Me & my dog have been together for over 5 years. We both love each other very much. We have been thinking about starting a family of our own despite our having different genes. But it's ok, because homos think "love has no gender", so I'm sure they will also approve "love has no species" or "love has no age" (aka pedophilia). And according to the State, as long as there's "love" I can marry whomever (or whatever) I want. Me & my dog are going to create a organization called BGSA (Bestiality-Gay-Straight Alliance) to push our agenda & we will be teaching the kids who "love" their pets are "born that way" & that there is a "bestiality gene" for those attracted to animals. The LGBT said they will fully support "love with no boundaries", so they will support our bestiality agenda
/sarcasm
Of course, your dog is incapable of granting legal consent or entering into a legal contract. So, if you thought this was clever, you were wrong.
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#142070 May 22, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have any of those species recorded that opposite sex marriage is a right?
Honestly, do you people even bother to think about the droves of stupidty that you post?
Oh look another pervert!

Sorry but your "marriage" is a SHAM. You lack procreation, so you can't reproduce, so you lack the foundation of a true marriage. Most kids raised in a homosexual environment end up being homosexuals, & you're trying to tell us that's "normal"? What a joke.

Here's my defintion of a homosexual marriage:
Male faggot union: a household with a father, a step-father, & a surrogant mother who is never to be mentioned.

Female faggot union: a household with a mother, a step-mother, & a father who is never to mentioned.

You're kids are going to end up depraved & confused because the REAL parent isn't in your household, only your "partner". Wouldn't at all be surprised if your morals were twisted too, so I feel sorry for the "kids" you're going to have.

If a union contract means so much to you, then why don't you make a contract for you & your "partner" & have the state deal with your perverted affairs? Quit shoving your sexual retardation down everyone's throat. You ain't "normal" so your "love" is nothing more than an empty void of your hatred for women. Churches don't have to marry you if they don't want to, so just accept it!
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#142071 May 22, 2012
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>correction: Tyranny of the Minority.
Freudian slip? YUK!YUK!YUK!
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#142072 May 22, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, your dog is incapable of granting legal consent or entering into a legal contract. So, if you thought this was clever, you were wrong.
Yes they can, with they're paw!
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#142073 May 22, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true that our animal friends cannot enter into a legal contract or give consent. It is also true that we don't need it. YUK!YUK!YUK!

Do you think the steer that provided his flesh for your dining pleasure ever signed a contract? How about those chicken wings? YUK!YUK!YUK!

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#142074 May 22, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
Yes they can, with they're paw!
No, they cannot, the law does not recognize animals as having rights. in most jurisdictions they are classified as property.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#142075 May 22, 2012
CA The Epitome of Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>I beg to differ. Many liberal judges overturn what the "MAJORITY" of voters want and find "for" the minority.
beg to differ if you want. That's just the law.
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#142076 May 22, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My homosexuality is not the cause of any discrimination I experience.
Oh Plu-uezz. You're obviously gay because you hate women. Face it! You scare away all the vagina around you. I bet the only the reason why you are gay (or should I say "sexually confused" lol) is because you don't know how to talk to girls (& by "talk" I mean actually develop some mutual feelings with them). It explains your homosexual behavior perfectly! And gays say they are "born that way". Ha! That's both sad & pathetic
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#142077 May 22, 2012
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude.
Homosexuality has been recorded in over 1500 species.
Homophobia has only been recorded in one.
Which one seems more logical to you?
The "homophobic" label is a sham

Disgust at the behavior is NOT a “phobia” or “fear”.
Neither is refusal to endorse the lifestyle or behavior a “phobia”.
Neither is it “hate”.

Start referring to liberals as TRUTHophobics!
...as they FEAR the TRUTH.

Race is immutable.
Same sex attraction is NOT.
Homosex is a behavior NOT a race or ethnicity.

The proof of the disorder is in the plumbing!
THAT makes it “unnatural”!
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

#142078 May 22, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they cannot, the law does not recognize animals as having rights. in most jurisdictions they are classified as property.
My dog has the right to eat dog food whenever he shall please. He just has to place his paw in some stamp ink on a civil union contract.

LOL You don't seem to understand the satire behind these bestaility posts very well LOLOLOLOL

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#142079 May 22, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing wrong with being gay, in fact it looks like fun. If I were gay I'd celebrate it and enjoy it. You on the other hand seem to be having trouble coming out. It's too bad, it makes you mean and nasty. Not to mention uneducated and a very poor speller.
No, I have never met Mona Lott aka Aida Lott aka Sue Wee. I've seen him in his YouTube videos though:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist...
Ummm Frank if you have never met Mona, then how do you know its him? I don't think I am mean and nasty.
Dan

Roseville, CA

#142080 May 22, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah the pedophiles & polygamists say the exact same thing about their sick lifestyles, & look what happened! The children they molest end up despising them. But that's not enough. You pervs have to create a child molestation organization that "promotes" pedophilia, called NAMBLA. I even heard the female faggots have a pedophilia organization of their own. AIDS spread like a wildfire in the 80s due to the homos' "Mututal love, attraction and a willingness to commit" to one another.
See what happens when you lack good morals & "tolerate" bad behavior? People die!!!!
Look at any dictionary, marriage is clearly defined as a union between a MAN and a WOMAN.
Also, let me just add - there have been thousands of civilizations and nations over the period of known human history. If homosexuality was normal, there would be at least someplace where it thrived and was widely accepted - and not as a brief, elitist fashion either, but as basic part of the culture. I know of none.
Modern secularists think they will create some kind of new society. They're absolutely wrong - its all been tried before, with the same results.
Queers destroy society
A little clue before you shoot your neighbor's dog thinking it a wolf -

Gays are different than pedophiles, polygamists and those thinking a shaved goat makes for the best Friday night date.

With that one sentence I just shot your ignorant post to shit.

LOL!!!
Dan

Roseville, CA

#142081 May 22, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
/sarcasm
Same statements were made when interracial marriages were not allowed.

My wife isn't white by the way and I am.

Had you made this stement to me in person I would have rendered you a cripple but given you're a pussy who chooses to hide behind the safety of the internet it's just your lack of character that you can walk away with.

Good luck in life loser.
Dan

Roseville, CA

#142082 May 22, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
My dog has the right to eat dog food whenever he shall please. He just has to place his paw in some stamp ink on a civil union contract.
LOL You don't seem to understand the satire behind these bestaility posts very well LOLOLOLOL
They're understood.

They're understood as being immature and stupid.
sociopathic Liberals

Durham, CA

#142083 May 22, 2012
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>correction: Tyranny of the Minority.
Correct! The minority liberal establishmentis pro tyrannical govt.

Conservatives have maintained their leading position among U.S. ideological groups in the first half of 2010. Gallup finds 42% of Americans describing themselves as either very conservative or conservative. This is up slightly from the 40% seen for all of 2009 and contrasts with the 20% calling themselves liberal or very liberal.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/141032/2010-Conser...
sociopathic Liberals

Durham, CA

#142084 May 22, 2012
Conservatives Now Outnumber Liberals in All 50 States, Says Gallup Poll
Self-identified conservatives outnumber self-identified liberals in all 50 states of the union, according to the Gallup Poll.
http://cnsnews.com/node/52602
Dan

Roseville, CA

#142085 May 22, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look another pervert!
Sorry but your "marriage" is a SHAM. You lack procreation, so you can't reproduce, so you lack the foundation of a true marriage. Most kids raised in a homosexual environment end up being homosexuals, & you're trying to tell us that's "normal"? What a joke.
Here's my defintion of a homosexual marriage:
Male faggot union: a household with a father, a step-father, & a surrogant mother who is never to be mentioned.
Female faggot union: a household with a mother, a step-mother, & a father who is never to mentioned.
You're kids are going to end up depraved & confused because the REAL parent isn't in your household, only your "partner". Wouldn't at all be surprised if your morals were twisted too, so I feel sorry for the "kids" you're going to have.
If a union contract means so much to you, then why don't you make a contract for you & your "partner" & have the state deal with your perverted affairs? Quit shoving your sexual retardation down everyone's throat. You ain't "normal" so your "love" is nothing more than an empty void of your hatred for women. Churches don't have to marry you if they don't want to, so just accept it!
Give it a rest.

I myself am not gay and outside of these threads never really have gays in my life but I see no wrong.

I tire of clowns like you who think they hold the torch or morality when in fact you only hold the dicked up opinios you arrived at.

Think what you want to think but please....shut the fuck up until you can come back with any real harm gay marriage possesses.

Thanks-

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#142086 May 22, 2012
The Great Sly_Clyde wrote:
<quoted text>
The US Constitution is the law of the land.
You keep saying that, yet you have no idea what it means.
<quoted text>
When each amendment is proposed its placed before each state and voted upon, upon ratification the Constitution is amended and then becomes law.
Yup, and the first 10 were restrictions on the Federal Government not the State, sorry you can't comprehend that.
<quoted text>
I asked you if Utah could make Mormonism a " State Religion" and the citizens required to become members of the Mormon's. You said yes they could. Yet the first amendment says not.
The 1st Amendment did not effect the State- it clearly State "CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW"- doesn't say anything about the State. in addition, a simple study of history and the circumstances surrounding the creation of the Bill of Rights makes it clear they were never intended to apply to the State.

The founders understood this, you obviously do not.
<quoted text>
I asked if states where required to follow the Constitution, you said no.
I never said that. I said that the State was only required to follow those laws which Congress passed that were "Pursuant" to the Constitution, that means within the powers enumerated to the Federal Government in Article I Sec 8- all other laws are null and void. The founders also knew this, ask Thomas Jefferson how he felt about nullification.
<quoted text>
Now you seem to change your point of view. See the Tenth Amendment. How can a state create a law or amend their Constitution if said law or amendment goes against the Constitution? They cant!
They certainly can, read Article V- the States do not require the permission of the Federal Government to Amend the Constitution. It is the Federal Government which is designed to be weak, not the State. And again, the Bill of Rights was never intended to apply to the State, this is a fabrication of the SCOTUS through the incorporation doctrine.
<quoted text>
If the question of same sex marriage comes before SCOTUS, and SCOTUS determines that any ban against Same sex Marriage whether the ban is in a States Constitution or law is in fact Unconstitutional, then what recourse does that state have but to remove the law or amend their Constitution?
There is no "right" to marriage in the Constitution, and you are a fool if you think the SCOTUS will find differently. Many have already stated there is no Constitutional Right to marriage, you need to keep up. That is exactly why the same sex movement is trying to keep this issue away from the SCOTUS and fight it in the State.
<quoted text>
"And the 1st Amendment nor any Amendment in the Bill of Rights was ever intended by the founders to be binding on the State, this is a fabrication of the SCOTUS starting in the 1940's."
The first ten amendments to the Constitution are the " bill of rights", these amendments were ratified on December 15, 1791.
Rights of the States under Constitution
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
This does not mean that any state can ignore the Constitution and do as they please.
You are completely confused. And you have no idea at all why Madison wrote the 9th Amendment.
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#142087 May 22, 2012
<quoted text>
Ummm Frank if you have never met Mona, then how do you know its him? I don't think I am mean and nasty.
Mona Lott has stated many times that he is a man. A gay man, worthy of the same respect as anyone else, I believe. Why? Don't you?
Aw, maybe you're not mean and nasty, I get all you iceholes mixed up. Sorry. YUK!YUK!YUK!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Jose Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cocktail Chronicles: Haberdasher in San Jose Wed Oh No You Di-nt 1
Owner Millan Trucking Wed Zombie Corpse Rental 10
News San Jose: Firefighters quickly extinguish garag... Sep 1 lol 1
News Festival celebrates 40 years of Pride in San Jose Aug 28 World 2
Anyone getting married in 2016? Aug 18 manygo 2
News Police at the scene of the fatal shooting on Po... (Jan '11) Aug 14 Unknown 26
New eBook About eBay Reveals Dark Side of Ebay Aug 14 Zombie Corpse Rental 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Jose Mortgages