Motorcyclist Killed On Hwy. 87 In San Jose

Apr 14, 2008 Read more: NBC 11 San Francisco Bay Area 14
A fatal collision between a motorcycle and a vehicle was blocking lane Nos. 1 and 2 on northbound state Highway 87 in San Jose, according to the California Highway Patrol. Read more
safe driver

San Jose, CA

#1 Apr 14, 2008
I have seen many motorcylists weaving thru the traffic and driving unsafe as well as driving on a single wheel on 87 highway, so I am not surprised. Everyone needs to drive safe on the roads. Feel sad and sorry for the family.
SJ Driver

Pleasanton, CA

#2 Apr 14, 2008
I commute everyday from S.SJ to Redwood City, and motorcyclists need to be very careful in any rush commute. The Majority of motorcyclists that i see drive extremely unsafe. its a shame what happend to the victim and I send my condolenses to the victims family.
Angie Padilla

Brea, CA

#3 Apr 14, 2008
There has been far to many motorcycle accidents lately...Everyone please keep your distance from the bikes and let them pass thru the lanes. If they hit a car theres nothing we can do but us cars can be more aware of the bikes.
Veronica Mori

San Jose, CA

#4 Apr 14, 2008
No matter how unsafe a motorcyclist drives, it is no excuse for someone in a car to be aggresive with a motorcyclist! So what if the motorcyclist cuts in front on you and is one or two car lenghts ahead at least you won't have their blood on your hands! Responsible drivers leave their home early and not rush to avoid being 10 minutes late. Get off the phone, be more alert and be patient with your fellow drivers. My heart goes out to this man's family, may they find comfort and peace as they get through this.

Since: Apr 08

San Jose, CA

#5 Apr 14, 2008
I drove past the chaos this morning and cannot erase the horrific image of the mayhem and dismay that was taking place on this early Monday morning. No matter how unsafe a motorcyclist drives, it is no excuse for someone in a car to be aggresive with them. So what if the motorcyclist cuts in front of you and they get one or two car lengths ahead of you, at least you do not have to apologize to their family for not making the decision to slow down. At least you won't have their blood on your hands! Responsible drivers get up early, leave their home with enough time to get to work and do not rush to avoid being 10 minutes late. Please GET OFF THE PHONE, be more alert and be more patient with your fellow drivers. We live in a civilized society, lets act like it and avoid engaging in road rage! My heart goes out to this man's family, may they find comfort and peace as they get through this difficult time!
Jenny

Fremont, CA

#6 Apr 15, 2008
I was a witness, this man drove right in front of me seconds before he switched lanes and got struck by two cars.
This was rider error unfortunately. All of the cars involved were going slower than the speed limit. This poor man made a split second decision that took his life, no one else caused this. The family who hit him was trying to avoid him, I could see in his eyes he was very distraught. His wife and toddler were in the car so I am sure he did everything he could to prevent harm to anyone.
If you ask me, just my opinion, if you you ride a motorcyle, be thankful that you don't have to spend a fortune on gas and if you can beat a little traffic and get to work sooner, take that as an added bonus, not the motivating factor.
God

San Jose, CA

#7 Apr 15, 2008
EVERYONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEMSELVES.WE ALL DESERVE WHAT WE GET AND I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR ANY IDIOT LOSING HIS LIFE. WAKE UP PEOPLE GET A CLUE AND A LIFE
Scott

Redwood City, CA

#8 Apr 15, 2008
Another stupid motorcyclist. Weaving in and out of traffic. Must be this guy's brother:

http://www.nbc11.com/newsarchive/15849498/det...
J in San Jose

San Jose, CA

#9 Apr 15, 2008
I feel very sorry for all involved in this tragady. There have been far too many lately. I think that inexperience may have a lot to do with it. No matter whose error it was, it affects everyone.
Carlos

Alameda, CA

#10 Apr 15, 2008
To God and Scott: If this were your friend or family member, I'm positive you would not be making these rude, disrespectful, unmindful comments. This man was a friend and good colleague. He was not the kind of man that rode a motorcycle so he could show off and cut people off. I'm sure he made an error in judgment, which cost him his life. Everyone will be praying for him!!
SJ Grandmother

United States

#11 Apr 16, 2008
Like Veronica above, I was in the traffic aftermath of this horribe accident. My Grandson and I were unfortunately in the commuter lane and were not even able to merge over until we reached the barricade of cones and flairs made by the police and tow comany. Car's barely moving were still honking at others and not giving up their place on the road to let anyone move over. We should all be more careful, and commuter safe. It's an unfortunate incident no matter how it happened. My Grandson -even at 2 1/2 - still remembers what he saw. He asked me if the "guy was dead" when he saw the scene (how does a little one would even know to think that let alone ask?) The only comfort we have in the everyday reminder when he see's a motocycle on the way to school is that he thinks "the guys ok now". God bless "the guy" and his family. You are in our prayers.
Unlimited Stunts SanJo

Sonora, CA

#12 Jan 4, 2010
Veronica Mori wrote:
No matter how unsafe a motorcyclist drives, it is no excuse for someone in a car to be aggresive with a motorcyclist! So what if the motorcyclist cuts in front on you and is one or two car lenghts ahead at least you won't have their blood on your hands! Responsible drivers leave their home early and not rush to avoid being 10 minutes late. Get off the phone, be more alert and be patient with your fellow drivers. My heart goes out to this man's family, may they find comfort and peace as they get through this.
girl u are damn right many fucking driver does not even pay attention on the road more than the damn cell phone that's why they do not see the riders until last minute and it's too late to avoid them
a good driver always notice a biker and leave enough space to let them go thru because we also pay taxes and dmv fees we got the same right as the car owners period
if they are hating motorcyclist be careful cuz' there are also motorcycle police u might get in trouble
Unlimited Stunts SanJo

Sonora, CA

#13 Jan 4, 2010
Scott wrote:
Another stupid motorcyclist. Weaving in and out of traffic. Must be this guy's brother:
http://www.nbc11.com/newsarchive/15849498/det...
u think u can judge it right...?
well hope a stupid driver does not kill any of your relatives
there are more idiot drivers than stupid bikers
anonymous

San Jose, CA

#14 Jan 4, 2010
to god and scott:

just because you're behind the protection of your
computer screen does not mean you can say what you want. if you really feel this way i would like to
see you actually say that to the family of this man.
whom i happen to know very very well. i just really
hope they never see what you low lifes had to say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Jose Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to Jose Munoz? Fri Oh No You Di-nt 2
News Roadshow: Parking in front of a neighbor's hous... (Aug '09) Fri i hate people in ... 202
News Santa Cruz teacher accused of sex crimes to be ... (Aug '08) Fri also former ea st... 24
Touching heavily prohibited by law at Santa Cla... Fri Civil Blotter XIV 1
Where did Ryan Pardula go?! Apr 10 Old friend 1
Have you made income from online shopping + Soc... Apr 10 nilghar 1
a lady’s travel guide Apr 9 JOV 1
More from around the web

San Jose People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]