loud noise like a bomb that sets car ...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Stephanie

San Jose, CA

#23 Jun 12, 2013
This isn't the first time. I hear it like once or twice a week. It scares me every time and I hate it. I wonder if it's kids setting off M1000s. I'm thankful it doesn't wake my baby though. Then I'd be really pissed
Kris

San Jose, CA

#24 Jun 22, 2013
I hear it too, just about every night somewhere after 10 pm. I'm at The Woods apts on snell and capitol. Just moved in here 5 months ago. Does this always happen?!
Stephanie

San Jose, CA

#25 Jun 24, 2013
Kris wrote:
I hear it too, just about every night somewhere after 10 pm. I'm at The Woods apts on snell and capitol. Just moved in here 5 months ago. Does this always happen?!
it seems like it. I live off seven trees and rancho, been here about two months and I hear it all the fucking time. It's really starting to piss me off. I wish they would stop. It was fun and cute the first few times, but really. There are a lot of houses around and it scares people and it's just plain rude.
vesper1124

San Jose, CA

#26 Jun 26, 2013
I live off East Hedding near the Raymond Bernal Memorial Park. What the hell are all these insanely loud banging/explosion type noises I keep hearing at night? Sometimes I hear several in a row. Sometimes they are so loud they wake me up out of a dead sleep at 3am. Others are around 9,10,11,pm... Some sound like gunshots/fireworks.. really have no clue. Anyone else here this or know what it is?
Bernie

San Jose, CA

#27 Jul 3, 2013
I heard this same loud boom last night at around 11 PM and just heard it twice outside between 3-4 PM. I live near Williams Elementary. Has anyone reported this?
peggy

Los Gatos, CA

#28 Jul 28, 2013
i also heard a similar sound around 3:30-4 am and all the car alarms were going off for about 3 minutes,it sounded really scary something like a sonic boom sound , i had never heard anything so horrifying, i live off of stevens creek and albany way.Anyone else hear this?
S be

San Jose, CA

#29 Aug 24, 2013
Second loud boom in 2 months...first one was after the 4th of July around 9pm and last night at 8:40. both times all my neighbors came out (we live at Avalon Campbell) and on both sides of the building we think it came from our side. the guy closest to the RR tracks says he hears a firework whistle first....now another guy who lives several blocks away on the other side of winchester says he first saw big colorful fireworks in the sky above our complex and 5 minutes later the big explosion came. wth is going on???? I have combed the area for remnants but found nothing. Last month I went to the police station and they shrugged it off as a transformer but this is NOT a transformer. We need to figure this out because it is damn scary!!!
Saucier MS Resident

United States

#30 Sep 19, 2013
I hear these loud so called "Booms" each night between 10:00 p.m. to Midnight. The sound is not Thunder, and it almost sounds like an atomic bomb exploding. It is from the North of where we are. Wish we knew what it was.
Carissa

San Jose, CA

#32 Jan 31, 2014
I heard the loud booms to it sounds like bombs in the distance. I'm on King & Story Road.
Sarah

South San Francisco, CA

#33 Jan 31, 2014
I just heard it too, off of Capitol expressway/pearl. really concerning, extremely loud. I heard a lot of little boom sounds earlier, maybe 2 hours ago which did sound somewhat like small fireworks, but this loud boom sounded different.... any insight??
suicudaladdictam usent

United States

#34 Mar 17, 2014
George wrote:
I live around that area as well and it was so loud! Lots of people outside and police driving around to find out what the loud booming noise was. To me I think it was either a bomb or a meteorite. Anyone have any idea what happened?
I think it was Gods way of telling you go away you are not wanted or liked your being lied or it means the male spider is low go away
Luke

San Jose, CA

#35 Mar 19, 2014
One of these just woke me from a dead sleep at 6am. Sounded like a low frequency earthquake. But I checked the USGS and there is nothing in the area. I'm near 87 and Capital, first though it may be a car exploding, but didn't hear any sirens or anything.
MeTwo

San Francisco, CA

#36 Jun 18, 2014
I heard that same Boom the other night, 6/14 or 6/15, late at night. I've heard them before, but this one sounded like it was right outside my apartment. I had just fallen asleep (I have a really hard time sleeping) and it woke me up. THANKS A LOT! I don't know where it's coming from and I never hear any police sirens so I assume other people are familiar with this sound, and that it's not a gunshot. It's very disturbing to say the least. If it is a P.G.& E. transformer, why is this happening, and why so often? Why would a transformer explode like that? I don't think it's normal. Any answers?
WHYboom

San Jose, CA

#37 Jun 28, 2014
6/28... A little after midnight... Santa Clara and 16th... I've heard them a few times over the last few nights...
Jim

Campbell, CA

#38 Jul 4, 2014
Just heard roughly 2-3 of those loud BOOM sounds (between 11 - midnight). I live within 0.5mile of Camden and 85. It's been going like this for about 2 weeks now. Every night - east of use, we her these loud booms. They are definitely fireworks of some sorts. I am filing a police complaint, but doubt the cops can do much...... it sucks.
Imperial

San Leandro, CA

#39 Jun 22, 2015
Heard a loud bang like an explosion at almost exactly 150 a.m. then car alarms. I went outside saw a few cop cars haeded past randall elementary school. Cant find any news about it. I looked around. Its 2 23 a.m. havent seem anything. Helicopters are gone.
Anna

San Jose, CA

#40 Jul 27, 2015
Fireworks, with a boom and bright flashing light. I saw it, McLaughlin/Taper.. Scarey
Meyermnster

San Jose, CA

#41 Oct 13, 2015
I'm near Lincoln High School in San Jose and have heard 4 BOOMS in the last two hours. I'm nervous because they sound like they are getting closer. Should I worry? Pets seem to be acting normal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Jose Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cupertino School District to Build Affordable T... 18 hr Geez 3
News Man shot dead in SJ neighborhood Wed magnusdude 1
allentown ny inbred (Mar '09) Jun 27 Harper Lee 278
News Islam is Misunderstood (May '11) Jun 22 Piel 435
News Roadshow: Parking in front of a neighbor's hous... (Aug '09) Jun 22 Morgana 265
News Morris: Tropical birds in Antioch? Jun 21 bird listenor32 1
News Judge dismisses lewd conduct charges against ga... Jun 20 Rose_NoHo 9

San Jose Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Jose Mortgages