fire in san jose on monterey road

fire in san jose on monterey road

Posted in the San Jose Forum

PEARL

United States

#1 Jan 5, 2010
I heard there was a big mushroom cloud fire around Monterey Rd and San Jose Ave. Does anyone know what is burning or how it started?
rmf

Morgan Hill, CA

#2 Jan 5, 2010
Not sure. It was in the back of that metals recycling place (SIMMS metals). I was driving by and could smell a weird chemical like smell. I'm about 10 miles south of there, near capital expressway and I can really smell the same fumes here at home and it's around 8pm).
iceman

Billings, MT

#3 Jan 5, 2010
thick black smoke in the area... possibly a chemical fire... i tell ya, a lot of people recycle materials at this place and sometimes it's overwhelming to see traffic in the area due to the amount of vehicles entering the premise. it was bad!
Marie

Napa, CA

#4 Jan 20, 2010
The Media said it was an accident, but the very day before on January 4th there was a neighbor running around talking about blowing things up and talking obsessively since around the beginning of December. The San Jose Police ignored the residents asking for help from SJPD and didnt arrest the guy. Even thougg he beat somebody up on Christmas Eve and broke 4 of the guys ribs. If it took 54 fire fighters that many hours to put the fire out, then it doesn't sound like an accident to me. The San Jose Police probably want it to look like an accident because they really dont have any excuse for not following up and investigating the threats.
This would be very embarrassing for them if they could have stopped it and they didn't. The guy who was making the threats probably just brought in his recyclables just before it happened. One neighbor said he was seen right after the fire started but before the fire department showed up. Afterward, some San Jose Cops were trying to intimidate neighbors into NOT going to the authorities. Not surprising. After all, this is the San Jose Police Department that we are talking about.
PEARL wrote:
I heard there was a big mushroom cloud fire around Monterey Rd and San Jose Ave. Does anyone know what is burning or how it started?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Jose Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KAPERDICK - FIre him and endorsers release him 8 hr Nevera49ersfanagain 3
Single people looking to meet 22 hr Singlereadytomingle 1
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! Aug 27 San jose reliable 1
Close Moffett Field ! (Jun '06) Aug 26 Hellary Clitass 103
News Weird noises are coming Apple complex (Feb '16) Aug 26 Hellary Clitass 40
allentown ny inbred (Mar '09) Aug 26 Hellary Clitass 282
News VTA seems to think El Camino Real bus riders ar... (May '12) Aug 26 Hellary Clitass 23

San Jose Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Jose Mortgages