Seriously considering moving to SD

Seriously considering moving to SD

Posted in the San Diego Forum

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#1 May 12, 2013
Hi,

firstly, I'd like to say : this might be a rather silly post to begin with.

But..........what the hell? It's something I've been thinking about, so here goes

I'm currently residing in Finland. Been here for quite a while (10 years, actually)

Got a great job (I work in IT)........my own condo, fully-paid for (as in, no outstanding debts), etc, etc

Why am I going into such detail? Well, one would think that I have a great life here..........and, I would be crazy to contemplate leaving it.

Well, as it so happens, that's what I'm doing.

For one simple, and yet absurd reason : the weather.

I have had just about enough of the long, cold and dark winters. I want out.

I have been looking at a few places, and SD is at the top of my list (if for no other reason than, it does not snow there..........at least, not much)

Of course, there are a million such places with warmer weather. But, I visited SD a couple of years back, and kinda liked it there.

The job market seems pretty..........er..........to ugh, though. Hard enough for people who reside there. Even harder (almost impossible) for anyone willing to relocate.

And, with the IT field becoming more and more competitive, my chances of finding a job there seem to be almost nil :(((

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Diego Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Facebook vs Twitter 2 hr Very Worst 147
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Colorful Digi... (Aug '17) 3 hr Corp Jealousy 193
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) 3 hr Corp Jealousy 476
gay/bi teens (Feb '15) 7 hr Jpino15 11
News Parents defend murder suspect (Jun '07) Mon AlexisAR 159
News 'Undocumented' but inspiring (Nov '12) Sun clarifying 164
News Former President George HW Bush buoyed by tribu... Apr 19 Death and Taxes 1

San Diego Jobs

Personal Finance

San Diego Mortgages