SoCal bistro charged with hiring ille...

SoCal bistro charged with hiring illegal workers

There are 34 comments on the Ventura County Star story from Apr 22, 2010, titled SoCal bistro charged with hiring illegal workers. In it, Ventura County Star reports that:

A businessman has been charged with paying illegal immigrants to work at his popular San Diego bistro and catering business after federal officials warned him that the workers' names didn't match their Social Security numbers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ventura County Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lynneNva

Warrenton, VA

#28 Apr 23, 2010
$15,000 PER year, PER Student to educate illegal immigrant children in public schools many get free breakfast/lunch programs, require ESL teachers & assistants, print materials etc (ADDED costs).
$12,900 PER Birth to deliver illegal immigrant children. Increased health insurance because illegal immigrants use the emergency rooms as Dr's office (there is a patient in Florida that has cost a hospital 1.5 MILLION because Mexico government will not come to get him). Increased local/city/State fees because illegal immigrants get court appointed lawyers (taxpayers charged $300 per hour), translators / print materials etc. Housing in jail/prison is $45 per day cost. Increased car insurance because of uninsured illegal immigrants. Welfare/food stamps/WIC/Rent & housing/educational social service programs used by illegal immigrants w/fake or stolen ID add up to BILLIONS of dollars per year. Identity theft programs ADD cost to banks/credit cards.

PRICELESS - getting American Taypayers TO PAY FOR IT ALL by calling them racist because they want immigration LAWS to be respected & ENFORCED!
American citizens NOW is the time to stand up! Contact ARIZONA leaders like Sen. Pearce, Gov. Brewer & Sheriff Arpaio - THANK them for being LEADERS & thank the brave Arizona residents for voting to protect the US today & all of our children's future for generations to come. God Bless America.
lynneNva

Warrenton, VA

#29 Apr 23, 2010
Please look up the "Inconvenient Truth: Immigration" Examiner article. Remember, if you/family/children eat at ANY restaurant.. you are eating EVERYTHING they touch!
Nationwide BOYCOTT OF ALL restaurants until Border is secured & immigration laws enforced.
Oh Please

United States

#30 Apr 23, 2010
Common Cents wrote:
<quoted text>
The Congressman From Chicago has complained about E-Verify saying that employers that use it have caused too many "legal" employees to lose their jobs because they couldn't get their "Social Security" numbers to match the information in the SS database.
You can call an online bank, give them your SS number and the operator will ask you to state your address and Zipcode, and it will be verified instantly.
The Congressman is sponsoring another "Amnesty" for the Illegal Immigrants working in our country:
http://www.resistnet.com/profiles/blogs/anoth...
Gutierrez is all about illegals, period!
donzxcv

United States

#31 Apr 23, 2010
I understand McDonald's burgers has the largest number of social security number mismatches in America.
I hate the fact that I feel more suspicious of latinos in general now. But it's not unreasonable to assume that those speaking spanish in public are probably illegal. They're stealing from my country and me personally. And willing to victimize their own children to do it.In San Diego construction I have to compete with them directly. And despite the PR, illegals will never out work an honest American.
Check the Center for Immigration Studies for facts.
This nation is built on welcoming others in. Like the plaque on Lady Liberty says. But our strength is our unity. Those unwilling to join in or acclimate simply divide us and weaken us. There are so many practical reasons why multiple public languages endanger everyone.
And by the way, one can call Indians 'native' if they please, but they wandered over here from Siberia, one and all. Maybe it's time they joined us, too. Just an invitation...
Yes

El Cajon, CA

#33 Apr 24, 2010
Now today its even more illegal to be illegal in AZ, now its our turn CA! Illegal is not a race it's a crime and no worries about the work force. 1 illegal = 8 or so anchor babies so we still have people to do the shit we don't want to do.
Joe Sixpack

Paradise, CA

#34 Apr 24, 2010
Now some unemployed Americans can get these jobs.

Since: Jun 08

Woodbridge, VA

#37 Apr 24, 2010
Here is one of them from the Examiner (this is all I could find when I Googled but there were a bunch from the UK too.)

http://www.examiner.com/x-35821-Immigration-R...

I live in NoVa too - I did the breakdown of what my kids' school costs for free/reduced lunch (though I cannot get data on who is not here legally or not, just how many get it) and one school was high for a 180 day school year.

Do the math:

approx 520 kids in the school
71% as of last year's data profile got reduced/free meals every day (no breakdown of of how many fall into each category)
Full lunch cost at the elementary level is $2.10
Breakfast is $1.20

Do the math for a 180 day school year for just the lunch (breakfast numbers vary greater but most kids in the school buy lunch).
lynneNva wrote:
$15,000 PER year, PER Student to educate illegal immigrant children in public schools many get free breakfast/lunch programs, require ESL teachers & assistants, print materials etc (ADDED costs).
$12,900 PER Birth to deliver illegal immigrant children. Increased health insurance because illegal immigrants use the emergency rooms as Dr's office (there is a patient in Florida that has cost a hospital 1.5 MILLION because Mexico government will not come to get him). Increased local/city/State fees because illegal immigrants get court appointed lawyers (taxpayers charged $300 per hour), translators / print materials etc. Housing in jail/prison is $45 per day cost. Increased car insurance because of uninsured illegal immigrants. Welfare/food stamps/WIC/Rent & housing/educational social service programs used by illegal immigrants w/fake or stolen ID add up to BILLIONS of dollars per year. Identity theft programs ADD cost to banks/credit cards.
PRICELESS - getting American Taypayers TO PAY FOR IT ALL by calling them racist because they want immigration LAWS to be respected & ENFORCED!
American citizens NOW is the time to stand up! Contact ARIZONA leaders like Sen. Pearce, Gov. Brewer & Sheriff Arpaio - THANK them for being LEADERS & thank the brave Arizona residents for voting to protect the US today & all of our children's future for generations to come. God Bless America.
noneoftheabove

Oklahoma City, OK

#38 Apr 24, 2010
Biker Mom wrote:
Here is one of them from the Examiner (this is all I could find when I Googled but there were a bunch from the UK too.)
http://www.examiner.com/x-35821-Immigration-R...
I live in NoVa too - I did the breakdown of what my kids' school costs for free/reduced lunch (though I cannot get data on who is not here legally or not, just how many get it) and one school was high for a 180 day school year.
Do the math:
approx 520 kids in the school
71% as of last year's data profile got reduced/free meals every day (no breakdown of of how many fall into each category)
Full lunch cost at the elementary level is $2.10
Breakfast is $1.20
Do the math for a 180 day school year for just the lunch (breakfast numbers vary greater but most kids in the school buy lunch).
<quoted text>
I know several teachers who deal with anchor babies and the illegal kids daily...they say the waste of food is monumental...tray fulls going into the garbage or being thrown all over the lunch room....disgusting....

Since: Jun 08

Woodbridge, VA

#39 Apr 24, 2010
noneoftheabove wrote:
<quoted text>
I know several teachers who deal with anchor babies and the illegal kids daily...they say the waste of food is monumental...tray fulls going into the garbage or being thrown all over the lunch room....disgusting....
I sub teach in a low income school and I hear yah...
Good

Redlands, CA

#40 Apr 24, 2010
Keep it up ICE, take down the illegals and those who support them!
wakethehellup

Glen Allen, VA

#41 Jun 7, 2010
While I'm not a native born Virginian, my wife is. So I believe that gives me the right to speak. I moved to Virginia in 1990 from Georgia and I've seen the devastation illegal workers have had on Virginia's legal labor force. Back in the late 80s, early 90s, I would go to a supermarket, or some other small shopping center store in Virginia and would see workers repainting and putting up new signs. Back then the crews would usually be about 65% white, 20% hispanic and maybe 11% black. Now, the whole crew is almost always 100% hispanic and most speak only spanish, with a white contractor leading them. The same applies to most construction sites. I'm a black man. That being said, I think it's ridiculous for politians and other "rich" public figures to try and convince us that the illegals are only taking jobs that americans don't want, when 80% of us know better. They believe if they say it longer enough, we'll just cow down and except it as the truth. Well we don't and about 80% of black americans fully support Arizona and any other states that's passing laws to stop this invasion. Jackson and Sharpton does not, I repeat, does not speak for the vast majority of black american citizens. We do have respect and concern for our hispanic american brethren and offer support, but illegal immigrants of any ethnic, or language back ground, we do not have respect and concern for, and do not support them. It's kind of funny that since I've been going back to Georgia on visits, I've noticed a change there. In 1996, the illegal immigrants were over running Georgia. Then the Georgia state law makers started passing laws that restricted the state sponsored freebies that the illegals were getting and made it hard to impossible for them to work and illegally vote in Georgia. When I visited there this time last year and the year before, things had changed dramatically. As I visited stores and other business locations in Georgia, I noticed that there were few, to no obviously illegal aliens present. That proved to me that restricting illegals access to american citizen benefits will cause them to move on. South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia all need to pass Arizona style illegal immigration laws.
ChoSelf

Chula Vista, CA

#42 Jun 7, 2010
wakethehellup wrote:
While I'm not a native born Virginian, my wife is. So I believe that gives me the right to speak. I moved to Virginia in 1990 from Georgia and I've seen the devastation illegal workers have had on Virginia's legal labor force. Back in the late 80s, early 90s, I would go to a supermarket, or some other small shopping center store in Virginia and would see workers repainting and putting up new signs. Back then the crews would usually be about 65% white, 20% hispanic and maybe 11% black. Now, the whole crew is almost always 100% hispanic and most speak only spanish, with a white contractor leading them. The same applies to most construction sites. I'm a black man. That being said, I think it's ridiculous for politians and other "rich" public figures to try and convince us that the illegals are only taking jobs that americans don't want, when 80% of us know better. They believe if they say it longer enough, we'll just cow down and except it as the truth. Well we don't and about 80% of black americans fully support Arizona and any other states that's passing laws to stop this invasion. Jackson and Sharpton does not, I repeat, does not speak for the vast majority of black american citizens. We do have respect and concern for our hispanic american brethren and offer support, but illegal immigrants of any ethnic, or language back ground, we do not have respect and concern for, and do not support them. It's kind of funny that since I've been going back to Georgia on visits, I've noticed a change there. In 1996, the illegal immigrants were over running Georgia. Then the Georgia state law makers started passing laws that restricted the state sponsored freebies that the illegals were getting and made it hard to impossible for them to work and illegally vote in Georgia. When I visited there this time last year and the year before, things had changed dramatically. As I visited stores and other business locations in Georgia, I noticed that there were few, to no obviously illegal aliens present. That proved to me that restricting illegals access to american citizen benefits will cause them to move on. South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia all need to pass Arizona style illegal immigration laws.
Hoe do you know their illegal? Did you ask them for papers?

I'm all for closing our borders up to any immigrants right now, unless they have something that can directly benefit the US (higher education for example). Brown, Black, White,Yellow...doesn't matter. No more immigrants at all, unless they have benefits for the US. When our country gets out of the f*cked up position it is now, then we can open up the borders to legal immigrants of any "race," nationality, creed, or color. Until then, no one should be able to emigrate to our country unless they can be 100% sufficient off the bat, or unless they can provide the US with some sort of benefit.
EMPLOYEE TRACKING

India

#43 Feb 24, 2013
jobtrac can be very helpful to track your employee location
sociopathic Liberals

Orland, CA

#44 Feb 25, 2013
Tiger wrote:
All non indians are aliens in America
Please explain how someone like me, who was born right here in California, from parents who were also born in the US, from parents who were also born here in the US, is an "alien"??????????

And no I'm not Indian either!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Diego Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islamophobia Apr 28 Juan Diaz 35
News Grayfish: Video exposes Navy dolphin care on Sa... Apr 28 Upsetinsandiego 1
News Border wall: Final models to be displayed in Sa... Apr 27 John Karey 3
looking for Apr 27 Benjamin isaccs c... 1
Russ McKamey McKamey Manor Apr 25 IndyGOP 1
Maryanne Maloney (Apr '12) Apr 23 Molly O 133
News Search spreads for Calif. teen; sex offender held (Mar '10) Apr 19 Geezer 32

San Diego Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Diego Mortgages