On this Day: 21 Die in McDonalda s Ma...

On this Day: 21 Die in McDonalda s Massacre

There are 37 comments on the findingDulcinea story from Jul 18, 2008, titled On this Day: 21 Die in McDonalda s Massacre. In it, findingDulcinea reports that:

On July 18, 1984, James Oliver Huberty entered a McDonald's in San Ysidro, California and, with no apparent motive, embarked on a shooting spree that killed 21 people.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at findingDulcinea.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
VEG

Denver, CO

#1 Mar 1, 2009
Here are the injured victims:
Juan Acosta Tokano, John L. Arnold, Anthony Alan Atkins, Joshua P. Coleman, Guadeloupe Del Rios Reyes, Larry G. Dicks, Astalfo Felix Cejundo, Karlita Maria Felix Flores, Maricela Flores (Durante) de Felix, Ronald Hector Herrera, Alberto Hale Leos, Francisco Jesus "Poco" Lopez, Jr., Aurora Pena, Imelda Perez, Maria Leticia Hernandez de Rivera, Mireya Rivera, Keith Thomas, Arthur Velasquez, Kenneth Villegas
VEG

Rangely, CO

#2 Apr 1, 2009
Larry G. Dicks went Home to be with the Lord on March 21, 2009.
VEG

Golden, CO

#3 Apr 1, 2009
Astalfo Felix Cejundo went Home to be with the Lord sometime in the late 1980s.
sandra

Las Vegas, NV

#7 Jun 17, 2009
i was one of the people that worked there. i lost my friends. that man affected us all more than anyone will ever understand. what i would like to know is why mc donalds filmed our therapy sessions? and where did the tapes go?
Don

San Diego, CA

#8 Jun 18, 2009
Victims on Wednesday July 18, 1984 RIP in Gods arms
Elsa Herlinda Borboa-Firro, age 19 (McDonald's employee)
Neva Denise Caine, age 22 (McDonald's manager)
Michelle Deanne Carncross, age 18
María Elena Colmenero-Silva, age 19
David Flores Delgado, age 11
Gloria López González, age 23
Omar Alonso Hernández, age 11
Blythe Regan Herrera, age 31 (mother of Matao Herrera)
Matao Herrera, age 11
Paulina Aquino López, age 21 (McDonald's employee)
Margarita Padilla, age 18 (McDonald's employee)
Claudia Pérez, age 9
Jose Rubén Lozano Pérez, age 19
Carlos Reyes, age 8 months
Jackie Lynn Wright Reyes, age 18 (mother of Carlos Reyes and pregnant with another child)
Victor Maxmillian Rivera, age 25
Arisdelsi Vuelvas Vargas, age 31
Hugo Luis Velazquez Vasquez, age 45
Laurence Herman "Gus" Versluis, age 62
Aida Velazquez Victoria, age 69
Miguel Victoria-Ulloa, age 74 (husband of Aida Victoria)[1]

Sandra I pray the best for you and yours.
guardian

San Diego, CA

#11 Jun 23, 2009
On the site were these murders happened a small campus for southwestern college was built i attened night classes there and i tell you that site is haunted many students claimed to have heard voices in the restrooms i also heard voices in the restroom it sounded like a conversation but no one was in there alot of students had complaints of sounds and strange sights.
VEG

Rangely, CO

#12 Jul 2, 2009
The three victims, Carlos Reyes, Jr., Jackie Wright, and Laurence Herman "Gus" Versluis are direct descendants of the American Revolution.

“more cowbell”

Since: Oct 08

Dallas, TX

#15 Jul 2, 2009
Man I remember when that happened, I can't believe that was 1984. So long ago!
Kelly

New York, NY

#17 Jul 20, 2009
That is frightening to learn this could have been caused by industrial poisoning in this man's blood.
justinstar

Del Mar, CA

#18 Jul 20, 2009
My cousin worked this tragedy as a paramedic. I remember it took a toll on him. He quit being a paramedic shortly after.
Janet

Irrigon, OR

#21 Jul 20, 2009
High cadmium levels can provoke incontrollable behavior? Maybe routine testing for heavy metals should be part of everyone's yearly physical exams.
glorious estefan

New York, NY

#22 Jul 20, 2009
"[Huberty's wife] also filed a lawsuit against McDonald’s, charging that chemicals in the McNuggets that James consumed shortly before the incident had caused him uncontrollable delusions. This, too, was unsuccessful."

What a ridiculous suggestion!
Tess

Lynbrook, NY

#24 Jul 20, 2009
It is unbelievable that his wife sued McDonalds. How could you live with yourself?
Tess

Lynbrook, NY

#25 Jul 20, 2009
What's with the name calling and childish rants? This is a serious story and people are trying to contribute some background. No need for the nonsense.
Aaron

New York, NY

#28 Jul 21, 2009
This is a story that needs to be told more often; so much to learn from it.
VEG

Rangely, CO

#41 Jul 25, 2009
Charles Lloyd "Chuck" Foster is a British-American Guardian Angel. Foster did save so many lives.
VEG

Denver, CO

#50 Sep 11, 2009
I am glad the McDonald's gunman is dead for the absolute good, so it can save taxpayers a pretty penny for a trial!
VEG

Golden, CO

#52 Nov 9, 2009
Juan Acosta Tokano is the only person of Mexican descent is part Japanese. His mother is Japanese and his father is Mexican. Laurence Herman "Gus" Versluis is the only victim of extremely distant African-American ancestry (Explanation: Martha (Black woman)>(Elizabeth Key, a daughter of a white man and a black woman)>William Grinstead, Jr.>William Grinstead, III>John Grinstead>Jesse Grinstead>Jesse Grinstead, Jr.>Jesse Boles Grinstead>John Thomas Grinstead>Clara May Grinstead>Bonnie Bell Martin>Laurence Herman "Gus" Versluis. Michelle Deanne Sperry Carncross is part Volga German due to the birth name, Langhofer.
VEG

Golden, CO

#53 Nov 11, 2009
Neva Denise (David) Caine is partly of Jewish descent, while Blythe Regan (Jones) Herrera is of Celtic descent.
VEG

Golden, CO

#54 Jun 25, 2010
Arisdelsi Vuelvas Vargas is the daughter of Aristeo Vuelvas and Enriqueta Vargas de Vuelvas. She was a vegetarian and she went Home to be with the Lord one day after she was injured by a bullet wound.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Diego Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay-Bi Skype fun 14 hr rssd 77 5
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) Fri David 313
el cajon hoodlums gang becoming a problem (Nov '07) Fri Capone 507
Looking for Kayla D James (May '10) Fri Kayla3131 4
News Lips club owner posts video after beating in No... Thu Marci Michelson 2
News Pedestrian hit by car in Pacific Beach (Dec '12) Thu Iceham 2
racist white americans hate "brown" people (May '07) Jul 14 jtr119 381

San Diego Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance