Springhill Group Home: Top 10 Fraud Schemes - Newsvine

Posted in the San Diego Forum

Since: Dec 12

San Diego, CA

#1 Dec 13, 2012
http://mhaxxharris.newsvine.com/

springhill group home loans scam prevention tips

For the twelfth successive year, identity theft topped the consumer complaint database of the Federal Trade Commission with the largest number of complaints, perhaps owing to the rampant use (and misuse) of online services such as social networking and e-commerce websites.

From the 1.8 million complaints the FTC got in 2011, almost 300,000 are about identity theft. The information of FTC has included complaints filed to them or from other states and federal consumer protection groups.

Most of the complaints of identity theft are coming from consumers saying that their personal details are used in government documents without their knowledge, with scammers aiming to collect benefits. Last year, government-related identity theft was 27% of the total complaints in that category, increasing by 11% since 2009. Accounting for the 14% of identity theft complaints is credit card fraud, with the rest consisting of complaints of bank, utilities and phone fraud.

springhill group home loans scam prevention tips

See more:

http://newscenter.springhillgrouphome.com/201...

Related Article:

http://bx.businessweek.com/business-blogging/...

Since: Dec 12

San Diego, CA

#2 Dec 13, 2012
hello :) such a great link.
aliaacel17

Hamilton, Canada

#3 Mar 11, 2013
This kind of stuff is the one that should be given importance. You will be helping a lot for sure. You had a great topic there and it is very timely because I was about to buy a house and it is a good thing I decided to make a few research first before doing so.
KippRue17

Tuggerah, Australia

#8 Mar 24, 2013
These guys are really smart; they are outsmarting every scan prevention we are coming up with. No matter how guarded you are, no matter how aware and how much you use common sense Ėas they always say to use it- these scammers are just too good. They really know what they are doing and I guess criminal minds are just really amazing; they just use it in a wrong way.
Villius Kalvis

Lithuania

#9 May 21, 2013
I donít know with you but didn't it occur to you that it is sometimes the victimís fault too why they get scammed? They just dive in without checking if the water is hot or cold..
Olivia Harbor

Portugal

#10 May 21, 2013
Avoid clicking pop-ups and unsolicited emails. Also do not trust sites that seem unreliable. These are usually how internet frauds work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Diego Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El cajon orphans gang (May '11) 9 hr skoobster 30
why are racist cops all over America murdering ... 22 hr Zeotripe 5
Maryanne Maloney (Apr '12) Sun Sue LeClair 112
News Council approves tentative minimum-wage plan Sun Hmm 2
legit pain P.I.L.L.S n m/ar.iju/an.a Sun Local in San Diego 1
Snuggle bear Sat Stoopiddog 1
roxy blue 30 Apr 24 sdnate 10
More from around the web

San Diego People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE