Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,285)

Showing posts 165,681 - 165,700 of200,229
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
I say so what.
Well then don't whine and complain that they are ignorant and bigoted when you are self admittedly more bigoted and ignorant than they are.

As Jizzy would say are you stuck on stupid?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
A typo, really? Is that all you got?
Well, you have admitted that you are an ignorant bigot and a hypocrite, so my work is done unless you have some more confessions to make.
Ratio

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Just the right amount of Bull S it really makes this topic take off.
morning glory

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I say you are worse than the people you rail against silly girl.
Do you still practice incest?
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
I do deserve Gay Marriage Equality Rights and WILL HAVE THEM and itís a good thing that you donít get to decide. All you get to do is flap your gums.
"Gay marriage equality rights"? Sooooo an opposite sex married straight couple has the same rights as an opposite sex married gay couple?
Bob

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Y dont all u qweerbos just go jump off tha bridge and settle it. The worlds will be a better palce wit o u dealing withall ta gay faggy bullshit I listen to n my ear every day.
Cut u in half and pt u ack togettr gay qweerbos.
Go nd jump now!!!!!!!!!! sae te worlds.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they flat out say there is another explanation and it should be researched further.
I guess you do have trouble with the English Language.
<quoted text>
Google? Seriously?
Perhaps you have heard of Webster or Oxford? Neither if which contain the term "Disproven".
That would also be the reason why you get that little red line under the word, because it is at best- slang.
You should ask for a refund for your tuition, that is if you actually paid for your degree and you aren't just another "internet genius."
Google, what a laugh... You are like that commercial- They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true..
This will probably be the last I post on this issue.

The data was not skewed.

Unless you can show me where the authors of the study specifically say that their findings did not reveal that "homophobic" men had a response to homoerotic stimuli, then your claim is wrong.

Finally, when I type the word "disproven" on my computer, I do not get a little red line under it. If it's good enough for my widely accepted spellcheck program, then it's good enough for me.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is not a "right"- just like driving it is a PRIVILEGE.
If you require the permission of the government to do something it is not a "right".
I have the "RIGHT" to free speech, I do not need a government endorsement to speak freely.
Understand the difference?
From Wikipedia...

The Bill of Rights lists specifically enumerated rights. The Supreme Court has extended fundamental rights by recognizing several fundamental rights not specifically enumerated in the Constitution, including but not limited to:

The right to interstate travel
The right to intrastate travel
The right to privacy (which includes within it a set of rights) including:
a. THE RIGHT TO MARRIAGE (emphasis added)
b. The right to procreation
c. The right for a woman to choose to have an abortion before fetal viability
d. The right to contraception (the right to use contraceptive devices)[16]
e. The right of family relations (the right of related persons to live together)

----------

Now, I'm not an attorney. I won't pretend to be one. But it's my understanding that "the right to marry" has been supported by 14 Supreme Court Cases.

I would say that your claim has been disproven!

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a silly girl.
Do you really think a court can make a duplicated sterile half equate to the union of a man and woman that produce human fruit?
When all is said and done, that vast distinction will still be obvious. No matter what you call it, every time you see a ss couple and a hetero couple, that is exactly what you will know.
I think you will need the 'luck' in the coming months, the slap of reality is bitch.
Smirk.
Can I answer that question?

Yes! A court can interpret law to determine that same-gender marriage is a right guaranteed to citizens of the U.S.

Furthermore, lawmakers can CREATE a law to give same-gender couples the right to marry.

Welcome to the world that the rest of us live in. Glad to have you back.
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
From Wikipedia...
The Bill of Rights lists specifically enumerated rights. The Supreme Court has extended fundamental rights by recognizing several fundamental rights not specifically enumerated in the Constitution, including but not limited to:
The right to interstate travel
The right to intrastate travel
The right to privacy (which includes within it a set of rights) including:
a. THE RIGHT TO MARRIAGE (emphasis added)
b. The right to procreation
c. The right for a woman to choose to have an abortion before fetal viability
d. The right to contraception (the right to use contraceptive devices)[16]
e. The right of family relations (the right of related persons to live together)
----------
Now, I'm not an attorney. I won't pretend to be one. But it's my understanding that "the right to marry" has been supported by 14 Supreme Court Cases.
I would say that your claim has been disproven!
The "right to marry" as in the right to enter into a legally recognized relationship of husband and wife.
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! A court can interpret law to determine that same-gender marriage is a right guaranteed to citizens of the U.S.
Furthermore, lawmakers can CREATE a law to give same-gender couples the right to marry.
Welcome to the world that the rest of us live in. Glad to have you back.
A court can interpret the law to determine plural marriage is a right guaranteed to citizens of the U.S., too.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

For those of you who oppose same-gender marriage, the folks from Westboro Baptist Church seem right up your alley.

Here is one of their latest press releases:

"The federal government is classifying the bombs as a terrorist attack, but say itís unclear if itís of a domestic or foreign nature... Hereís a hint ó GOD SENT THE BOMBS! How many more terrifying ways will you have the LORD injure and kill your fellow countrymen because you insist on nation-dooming filthy fag marriage?!"
SEYMOUR DUCK

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Forget it. Empty swimming lets do a ses, SK8 Again friday. May be a band? Bible study for sure.That pool is So fluid.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Whoa Cowboy, you have admitted that you are a bold faced liar.
No I didn't, you're lying again Jizzy.

But you have admitted you are stupid.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Frankie, its all about credibility. You see Frankie, when you lie, about simple things such as a military career, and then being a geologist with 44 years of experience. How are we to know that you support marriage rights as you say that you do? No, Frankie you are just another troll that does not support marriage rights. You like to play the game, but you suck at it.
I haven't lied, save your silly lecture for yourself you often lie. No one cares about my life except you Jizzy. And it's very creepy.

If all I've said about my life was not true, so what? Does that prove your are right and same sex marriage shouldn't be allowed?

What harm would a loving marriage of two women cause you Jizzy? Why are you a bigot?
F Rizzohasntsleptf or9days

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't lied, save your silly lecture for yourself you often lie. No one cares about my life except you Jizzy. And it's very creepy.
If all I've said about my life was not true, so what? Does that prove your are right and same sex marriage shouldn't be allowed?
What harm would a loving marriage of two women cause you Jizzy? Why are you a bigot?
This is an honest question, when was the last time u slept lol? They got some good stuff in Union City apparently.

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
O ya I almost forgot to say, see u in about 30 seconds.

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Damn wtf is Rizzo at?? He should of been here by now for sure...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
This will probably be the last I post on this issue.
The data was not skewed.
Unless you can show me where the authors of the study specifically say that their findings did not reveal that "homophobic" men had a response to homoerotic stimuli, then your claim is wrong.
I did, I even quoted it for you.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I am sure that you can cite specifically where in Article III of the US Constitution the court is granted the power to "interpret law" or for that matter where they are granted the power to create "right's"?

Hell, how about you tell us where the Federal Judiciary found the authorization in Article III to HEAR the Prop 8 Case in the first place?

This was a State matter, not a Federal one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 165,681 - 165,700 of200,229
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the San Diego Forum right now

Search the San Diego Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 54 min Brian_G 4,860
16-Year-Old Injured While Standing up on Double... 2 hr Carol 16
The Troubadour 2 hr Billy 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr sloading 7,817
Maryanne Maloney (Apr '12) 8 hr Mike G 106
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 9 hr The right is wrong 2,225
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Fri This topics peaked 15,911
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for San Diego County was issued at July 12 at 5:06PM PDT

•••
•••
•••
San Diego Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

San Diego Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••