Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201480 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Big D

Modesto, CA

#189216 Apr 18, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I am well aware of the arguments. I have read the brief's cover to cover as well as the Walker and 9th Circuit decisions.
How many pages have you read?
Here, I will even give you a link to one so you can start catching up.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/131248871/Perry-Pro...
IDIOT!
Obviously not or you would not be calling people idiots when you are mistaking some of the equal rights arguments that are being made in court.

I donít need the link, I already know what was being argued in the appellate and supreme courts.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#189217 Apr 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously not or you would not be calling people idiots when you are mistaking some of the equal rights arguments that are being made in court.
I donít need the link, I already know what was being argued in the appellate and supreme courts.
Yeah, you already know?? I guess you do if all you need to know is what your favorite blog told you.

BTW, IDIOT!!

Rose made a generalization regarding polygamy and equal right's, that same generalization was made by me regarding same sex marriage and equal right's.

Nobody was talking about the Prop 8 Case specifically.

This is why you are an idiot, you can't even follow the most basic and simplistic conversation. And you want us to believe you have a clue about what is going on.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#189218 Apr 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, IDIOT.

If the SCOTUS decides to go the way of a national precedent, the question of the equal right's clause of the 14th Amendment as it applies to marriage most certainly does become a question. It doesn't matter what the original issue as it regards to Prop 8 are.

This is yet another example of why you are an idiot. You are incapable of critical thinking past the primary level. You fail to consider the secondary and tertiary and beyond.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189219 Apr 18, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you already know?? I guess you do if all you need to know is what your favorite blog told you.
BTW, IDIOT!!
Rose made a generalization regarding polygamy and equal right's, that same generalization was made by me regarding same sex marriage and equal right's.
This is why you are an idiot, you can't even follow the most basic and simplistic conversation. And you want us to believe you have a clue about what is going on.
Yeah, I already know, polygamy has nothing to do with Prop 8, illegal before, Illegal during, and will still be illegal when Prop 8 of overturned, that is just a ploy and is worth nothing. I generally either ignore or just laugh at such arguments because they are meaningless. Only intended to frighten people who would be frightened by such. I am certainly not frightened of poly as suspect I am more supportive of it than those bringing it up.

In Prop 8 the argument for equality is indeed including the 18,000 same sex married couples that have rights that other same sex couples do not have.

Depending on how far DOMAS is overturned that may become a national issue with the over 100,000 legally married same sex couples in the US

You may not be aware of the arguments, I am.

The issue originally ( years ago ) was equality with opposite same sex couples, but that point is now moot, over and done with. There are over 100,000 legally married same sex couples.

Same sex marriage is now a fact in the US

The equal rights argument has shifted to why are these same sex couples recognized as married and not other same sex couples. Once you have your foot in the door the case becomes much easier.

Even your hero Rush has thrown in the towel on the subject. It is over, now it is only a matter of time.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#189220 Apr 18, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply want to discuss marriage equality. Polygamy is very relevant in a discussion of marriage equality.
You cannot censor it away, stop trying. It advertizes your hypocrisy.
it is because you say so?

apparantly, no one else does. at least not those that have filed law suits to allow same sex marriage.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189221 Apr 18, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
apparantly, no one else does. at least not those that have filed law suits to allow same sex marriage.
What he needs to do is bring forward the legally married poly group that was harmed by Prop 8

Then he would have a case, that they were affected by it

Of course, there isnt any
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#189222 Apr 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
What he needs to do is bring forward the legally married poly group that was harmed by Prop 8
i would guess that he could've brought forward the jeffers group out of texas....but i'm not so sure that would have floated.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189223 Apr 18, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
i would guess that he could've brought forward the jeffers group out of texas....but i'm not so sure that would have floated.
Nope... not legal marriages, and not in California so not affected by Prop 8, I would tell him to try again
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#189224 Apr 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope... not legal marriages, and not in California so not affected by Prop 8, I would tell him to try again
good point. not in california.

those cases sure made a lot of newsprint here in texas though.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189225 Apr 18, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, IDIOT!!
Big D already knows everything.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189226 Apr 18, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are telling me this because...?

Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189227 Apr 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Prop 8 discriminates against polygamy as much as it does against same sex marriage.

Why do you want to hog all the victimhood? Selfish? Yes you are!

Afraid of poly? Yes you are!

I am not. We won't have marriage equality until polygamy is allowed.

P.S. Sure, Big D you'd "vote" for it. You support it even more than I do. We believe you.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189228 Apr 18, 2013
Boggs wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU, you Uretha City queer-o.
REPORTED! Homophobic bullying! Anti gay slurs! Geography fail!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189229 Apr 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. You don't need no stinkin' links!

You already know everything.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189230 Apr 18, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a simple concept really. Polygamy is marriage, same sex marriage is marriage. They are equally relevant in a discussion of marriage equality. Don't hog all the victimhood. Prop 8 discriminates as much against poly as it does against SSM.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189231 Apr 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Try again to what? To tell an idiot that polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage?

I did that 50 times. The idiot didn't listen 50 times. He doesn't get it. He's stupid.

Oh! You're that idiot. Woops.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189232 Apr 18, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
good point. not in california.
those cases sure made a lot of newsprint here in texas though.
You brought it up, remember dummy?

Now you clowns will be lying and saying I brought up Texas. Big D's cooking up a pack of lies about it right now.

Too Funny.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#189233 Apr 18, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are telling me this because...?
Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage.
in your opinion. not so much, apparantly by the other posters in this thread.

aren't you the one that posted earlier today about if 2 or 3 of your friends told you something about yourself, then it's probably true and you need to think about what you're doing?

pal, we're way over the "2 or 3" number in this regards.....
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#189234 Apr 18, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You brought it up, remember dummy?
Now you clowns will be lying and saying I brought up Texas. Big D's cooking up a pack of lies about it right now.
Too Funny.
oh give it up. you weren't even mentioned. it's not all about you.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#189235 Apr 18, 2013
Speaking of Texas, who of you condones the state violently seizing children from their mothers and putting them into the notorious Texas child welfare system?

Little kids traumatized, crying for their mothers. The kids were returned eventually but not until after irrevocable damage. Their crime? Too many mommies that loved them.

Only one mommy allowed in CA too. Pick one, kid. One only.

You can have two mommies but then you don't get a daddy. Hurry up kid what's it gonna be? You can also have two daddies but then you get no mommie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Diego Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
San Diego Airport Taxi 20 hr Hey 4
News Not a good memory for Otay Ranch student left o... May 18 Butch 1
Chula Vista Taxi May 15 619ride 5
Review: Charter Flight Group May 14 Charter Flight Sp... 1
'razor'-ing the bar . . . ? May 10 _my_kingdom_for_a... 1
News Attorney General Jeff Sessions to visit San Die... May 7 Starz and Barz 3
Review: Delray Surfboard Designs (Sep '15) May 7 Rob 17

San Diego Jobs

Personal Finance

San Diego Mortgages