Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,833)

Showing posts 156,641 - 156,660 of200,321
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the jackass geek who worships an imaginary bowl of frikkin spaghetti that flies!
Why is The FSM imiginary? Why do you hate him? Do you feel the same towards the mean god in your book? What a maroon

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever since I began researching the topic of polygamy, I have been bothered by the idea that this practice is justifiably criminalized because it is associated with the ills of child exploitation, abuse of women and children, etc.
But, within the criminal code, we have clear and specific provisions to target these offences, which are clearly harmful, and which any reasonable person considers intolerable and deserving of criminal sanction. So why does the law banning polygamy remain, a provision which, by the way, is almost never invoked and when it has been used, has led to few convictions that carried relatively minimal sentences?
If someone commits a crime, prosecute the hell out of them NO MATTER THE TYPE OF MARRIAGE THEY CHOOSE.
Wow you cant read. That not what Dan was talking about. What a maroon
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for clearing that up
Hey Jizy Birdy! You're wife is over my house! I'll be busy for about 10 minutes! She's calling me!

http://www.rleeermey.com/sounds/horney.wav
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Why is The FSM imiginary? Why do you hate him? Do you feel the same towards the mean god in your book? What a maroon
I don't hate things that are not real, that's your schtick.

Your fake god is no different from the god you and he mock, dummy.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow you cant read. That not what Dan was talking about. What a maroon
That's one of his bigoted reasons for denying equality.

That polygamists are child abusers, welfare cheats and all around scum bags.

What's yours?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hate things that are not real, that's your schtick.
Your fake god is no different from the god you and he mock, dummy.
FSM is as valid as every other religon in the world

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
They already are, you just are ignorant of the fact
Are you ignorant? or just plain dumb? I asked you if it was a good idea to have women on the front lines fighting Islamics that would love to rape and use for trophy? Wake up old man.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, again you have not comprehended posts others make, you are like a little kid in the back seat that only understands every 5th word said.
You lie so casually. Need I re-post some of your ignorant hate?

Or perhaps I cannot read as you insist. Explain it very slowly for me. Do you support legalizing polygamy for religious freedom and why or why not?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
FSM is as valid as every other religon in the world
My point exactly dumbass. And you accuse me of poor comprehension!

What you mean is it's as invalid as every other religion. Which is what I said.

What a dope!
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Are you ignorant? or just plain dumb? I asked you if it was a good idea to have women on the front lines fighting Islamics that would love to rape and use for trophy? Wake up old man.
Big D is already angry today and it's still morning. He gets flustered and silly stupid.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow you cant read. That not what Dan was talking about. What a maroon
Dan, eh? Very interesting.

Perhaps you should check with Dan before you speak for him?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
My point exactly dumbass. And you accuse me of poor comprehension!
What you mean is it's as invalid as every other religion. Which is what I said.
What a dope!
No I said it was AS valid

learn to read

It should be held with the same level of respect as every other religion should be.

This is the land of the free, you are free to bleieve.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Ever since I began researching the topic of polygamy, I have been bothered by the idea that this practice is justifiably criminalized because it is associated with the ills of child exploitation, abuse of women and children, etc.

But, within the criminal code, we have clear and specific provisions to target these offences, which are clearly harmful, and which any reasonable person considers intolerable and deserving of criminal sanction. So why does the law banning polygamy remain, a provision which, by the way, is almost never invoked and when it has been used, has led to few convictions that carried relatively minimal sentences?

If someone commits a crime, prosecute the hell out of them NO MATTER THE TYPE OF MARRIAGE THEY CHOOSE.

“I'm walkin' here!”

Since: May 12

New York, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No I said it was AS valid
learn to read
It should be held with the same level of respect as every other religion should be.
This is the land of the free, you are free to bleieve.
So now you are saying that all religions are valid? Mormons? Baptists? Holy rollers? And you give them all respect?

That's not what you've said in the past.

What you meant was all religions including FSM are invalid, you're just too stupid to know what you meant! Glad I could help!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
I agree

We as a nation donít generally prosecute people for polygamy, even when they know it is taking place.

The problem is one of image, you need more positive role models championing it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Enrico Salvatore Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you are saying that all religions are valid? Mormons? Baptists? Holy rollers? And you give them all respect?
That's not what you've said in the past.
What you meant was all religions including FSM are invalid, you're just too stupid to know what you meant! Glad I could help!
AS valid

donít change the words, and donít leave words out.

If you are going to comment on what I say, then donít change what I said.

They deserve equal respect, I didnít say a lot of respect, I didnít say no respect, I said equal respect.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
AS valid
donít change the words, and donít leave words out.
If you are going to comment on what I say, then donít change what I said.
They deserve equal respect, I didnít say a lot of respect, I didnít say no respect, I said equal respect.
You said it had the same validity as any other religion. Which is exactly what I said. If you're too stupid to realize that, that's funny!

So now you're saying you give polygamous religions the same respect as any other? Need I re-post your many contradictory posts?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree
We as a nation donít generally prosecute people for polygamy, even when they know it is taking place.
The problem is one of image, you need more positive role models championing it.
So what? I'm old enough to remember when it was actually against the law to be a homosexual. Talk about bad image! But they overcame.

I remember most people like you said they needed a more positive image too. And look at them now. Poly will have it's day in court despite you.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You said it had the same validity as any other religion. Which is exactly what I said. If you're too stupid to realize that, that's funny!
So now you're saying you give polygamous religions the same respect as any other? Need I re-post your many contradictory posts?
I wasnít responding to you Poly boy, I was responding to someone else

I have said from the beginning that I donít have a problem with the concept of poly marriage itself, just many of the practitioners of it who are guilty of other crimes. A rather large percentage of practitioners of it.

Go after those criminals to the full extent of the law and I have no problem with Poly marriage.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasnít responding to you Poly boy, I was responding to someone else
I have said from the beginning that I donít have a problem with the concept of poly marriage itself, just many of the practitioners of it who are guilty of other crimes. A rather large percentage of practitioners of it.
Go after those criminals to the full extent of the law and I have no problem with Poly marriage.
But I am responding to you Fruitcake.

Let's take a look and see how that sounds replacing same sex marriage with polygamy.

"I have said from the beginning that I donít have a problem with the concept of same sex marriage itself, just many of the practitioners of it who are guilty of other crimes. A rather large percentage of practitioners of it.
Go after those criminals to the full extent of the law and I have no problem with same sex marriage."

Listen jackass. We already have laws against all the evils your imagination conjures up against polygamy. There's no reason the throw the baby out with the bathwater. There's no reason to deny committed adult polyamorists a shot at a real family with all the benifits every other family gets.

Some homosexuals in same sex marriages are bad, do you want to ban gay marriage? If so you are not a hyopcrite, just a bigot I guess. If not you are both.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 156,641 - 156,660 of200,321
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the San Diego Forum right now

Search the San Diego Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Fast Adderall,xanny ,MMJ- ADHD 10 hr San diego 1
Immigration protesters start trek to U.S.-Mexic... 16 hr wild child 2
Pain relief in Los Angeles CA 17 hr Will C 3
Oxycodone in san diego (Jan '13) Tue 619 style 267
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Tue Sparky A2 7,833
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Tue Ronald 2,251
Weather forecast - rainbows Tue QOD 90
•••
•••
•••
San Diego Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

San Diego Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••