Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,481)

Showing posts 149,601 - 149,620 of199,071
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the court's job. Why do you think we have checks and balances,
Really Rose? Where is the check on the court?

You would know the answer to this if you actually studied the writings of the founder's. But since you haven't you will simply reply with more of your nonsense that has no meaning or relevance to the argument.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Einstein, I already said that in the post you were replying to. Why don't you try reading it a bit slower this time?
"The issue is not "marriage", the issue is the definition of "marriage". In not ONE instance has the SCOTUS ever claimed anything other than the Union of a man and a woman to be a marriage. Could that definition change? Sure, but the question we really should ask ourselves is- do we want a federal court which lacks the authority of the Constitution to define marriage to make that decision?
Remember, they are also going to hear the DOMA case, which specifically was decided based on the premise that the regulation and definition of marriage rested with the State."
I guess you missed the part where I said: " Could that definition change? Sure,..."
Keep trying Dan, you will get there.
The issue is not marriage but the definition of marriage????

WTF???

LOL!!!!

Fact is marriage of and by itself is a singular institution MORON.

And yeah dumbfuck....the right to get married to an adult of one's choice falls under the Constitution in that it's a liberty an American wishes to partake in which causes no harm.

You're one DUMB son of a bitch....LOL!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugly, I said Loving v VA stated marriage is a right.
And it does.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/histori...
Actually Loving V Virginia did NOT state that marriage was a "right"- Skinner v Oklahoma did, they just affirmed it. Not once does the court say "Marriage is a Right" outside of the reference to Skinner v Oklahoma Rose.

That's why they cited Skinner v Oklahoma. Stop trying to act as if you understand law because you watch Judge Judy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF???
LOL!!!!
And yeah dumbfuck....the right to get married to an adult of one's choice falls under the Constitution in that it's a liberty an American wishes to partake in which causes no harm.
Well, that certainly is your opinion, but your opinion really doesn't matter. As of right now the only group which is legally recognized with a "fundamental right" to marriage is those comprised of one man, one woman. That is why there is a case at the SCOTUS.

And it doesn't matter how angry you get, those facts don't change.
Dan C

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that certainly is your opinion, but your opinion really doesn't matter. As of right now the only group which is legally recognized with a "fundamental right" to marriage is those comprised of one man, one woman. That is why there is a case at the SCOTUS.
My opinion.

Funny...but it's my opinion that marriage and the definition of marriage are the same.

Brother...you're stupid. Sorry to bring it to your front door but you're dumber than as wet bag of hair.

LOL!!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
pssssssst....
....pssssssssst..
..no one cares.
FYI.
You do Dan! Or else you wouldn't respond. Duh.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinion.
LOL!!
YUK!YUK!YUK!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinion.
Funny...but it's my opinion that marriage and the definition of marriage are the same.
Brother...you're stupid. Sorry to bring it to your front door but you're dumber than as wet bag of hair.
LOL!!
Was someone suppose to be able to pull something intelligent from this post?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinion.
LOL!!
What does this post mean? Anybody know?
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
"To the contrary, we have many competent members (but not all of them are competent), you can not to do my job without the proper training (as in any industry), you need to know what the hell you are doing to get the job done right (as with any job) and the employer knows it, that is why they agree to our demands (seems to mean that you suggest the union demands are met, because the union demands proper training, even though training occurs in all jobs, union and non-union alike). You are just a loser (can't see how) and can't stand it. You are willing to do without in order to survive (no, I'm not, I do very well).
It's people like you with no back bone to fight for a better living while your employer reeps the benefits (people like me ? Hah! I do very well, without your gang doing anything for me). You can call it extortion or anything else you want, the employers are the same way if not worse. You will never figure it out you scab.(I have figured it out, I don't need the union to make my own way, very nicely, too.)
"Live Better Work UNION" (is a catch phrase for cowards with no backbone or bargaining ability.)
Go talk to your boss like a man, if you can, I talk to mine every day, and I tell him what's on my mind, whenever I want to. Even told him the other day that I like the hell out of him, but that, 1/2 the time, I want to smack the shyte out of him. Did I get fired ? No. Did I get beaten up ? No. We talk, as real men do. If I want something, I go to his office, and request 5 minutes of his time. He always makes the time for me. You should try working away from the shadow of fear.
Seems to me that the union is not necessary for proper training to occur. Why should I go FK myself ? The union has all the FK'ing going on. they are raping idiots, like you...
Whilst I am sure that this "spinless" was supposed to be "spineless", it wasn't spelled properly. Nonetheless.....You are the spinless[sic] one, as you have no balls to use, apart from the ones that your union gives you. Dumb ? Why don't you ask the union to send you back to school, so that you may learn to spell properly?
Nah, I shan't go FK myself. But I MAY go wipe my a$$ with my union membership card, after I am done using it, when it expires. I will continue to reep[sic] the benefits from it, until it is out-of-date. Go and call the Hoffa Hotline and report me for that.
lol you sicko ... we all know what you do for your boss behind closed doors you homo. You are pathedic and need mental treatment

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
....bla bla bla dopey Dan stuff... Some may consider that fat thing you married the same so keep that in mind....bla bla bla...more dumb Dan nonsense...STFU.
Here you go Dan. You crudely attacking someone's wife. Just like you did to me. And then you cry like a little bitch when I do it (very mildly and politely) to yours.

You're an icehole and a liar.

And, as always, a big DOPE!

WOOHOOO!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Kleenex at Target will be on sale until 12/15/2012.
FYI
You would know. How much is the Jergen's lotion?

YUK!YUK!YUK!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
No one needs to use cleverness in speaking truth.
Yet another fact the Confucious would no doubt agree upon.
That's good because you ain't got any! But you lie anyway.

Funny!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
The 14th Amendment holds no sway a to what can be considered basic civil rights.
The right to marry an adult of one's choice appears to be all that.
You're a social fuckup friend. You actually think the nation should revolve itself around your "feelings" of other citizens. If that were the case me and your neighbors would have bought you a one way ticket to China some 21 years ago...LOL!!!
WHAT? Anyone know what this dumb Dan-speak means?

"...14th amendment holds no sway.."? sway?

"...nation should revolve itself..." revolve?

Buy me a ticket to China Dan too, I want a vacation.

P.S. What are your wife's working hours? I don't really care but since you are so concerned about my g.f.'s hours for some reason, just thought I'd ask.

WOOHOO! Dan. What a jackass!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

I love all this "definition of marriage" talk

It is a joke

I am not about to let any religious organization define words for me, no more than you would allow the word "Jihad" replace the word "preemptive strike" in our language ( chuckle )

I donít care what any religious book says

I donít care what someone thinks is "normal" and I am not about to let anyone else define the word "normal" for me.

Marriage is not about procreation, I know many married couples that can no or do not have children, I am not about to belittle their marriage because of that. Marriages is about a commitment between 2 people to live their lives in support of one another.

My wife is not my property, she is my partner in life, my support, my very best friend, and dearest love.

Marriage has nothing to do with any single religion, I know couples of many different religions and I am not about to belittle any one of them depending on which religion they happen to believe in, or none at all for that matter.

What I do care about is equality, and justice

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
I love all this "definition of marriage" talk
It is a joke
I am not about to let any religious organization define words for me, no more than you would allow the word "Jihad" replace the word "preemptive strike" in our language ( chuckle )
I donít care what any religious book says
I donít care what someone thinks is "normal" and I am not about to let anyone else define the word "normal" for me.
Marriage is not about procreation, I know many married couples that can no or do not have children, I am not about to belittle their marriage because of that. Marriages is about a commitment between 2 people to live their lives in support of one another.
My wife is not my property, she is my partner in life, my support, my very best friend, and dearest love.
Marriage has nothing to do with any single religion, I know couples of many different religions and I am not about to belittle any one of them depending on which religion they happen to believe in, or none at all for that matter.
What I do care about is equality, and justice
Does that equality and justice extend to everyone? Poly marriage? Incest marriage? If so I'm with you. If not you're a hypocrite.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that equality and justice extend to everyone? Poly marriage? Incest marriage? If so I'm with you. If not you're a hypocrite.
Those cases have not been brought up yet, have not really considered them as there has been no complaint about injustice there. If someone wants to bring up a case, I can weigh in.

There was the ... German I think, couple that were married and did not know they were brother and sister and wanted the world to just leave them alone... I agree with them on that case, the world should just leave them alone.

I donít have a problem with Poly marriage, I do have a problem with some religious cults that seem to include abuse of children and non-consent in a poly marriage. It isnít Poly marriage I have an issue with, just some ( not all ) of the cults that practice it.

Ever read ďThe Moon is a Harsh MistressĒ?
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF???
LOL!!!!
Another Gay response ...
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't be long before the Muslim influence takes over, in which all the talk about SSM will come to an end, the Feds know this and ar just stalling. lol
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
What does this post mean? Anybody know?
It means that you and Dan are two dumb FKS. Yuk,Yuk, Yuk

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 149,601 - 149,620 of199,071
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the San Diego Forum right now

Search the San Diego Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Busty Hayden/Mona Lisa 4 hr Curious 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 15 hr Bag itts 4,551
Oxycodone in san diego (Jan '13) 21 hr sdnavyguy 40
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Tue lug heads 7,298
Is San Diego City College a terrible school? (May '08) Mon isnay 52
Percs and black on deck Mon Mob 11
Make Crystal Meth legal!!! (Nov '09) Mon Kleagle Eagle 59
•••
•••
•••
•••

San Diego Jobs

•••
•••