Highway 67 Closed By Fatal Head-On Crash

Highway 67 Closed By Fatal Head-On Crash

There are 22 comments on the NBC San Diego story from Mar 28, 2008, titled Highway 67 Closed By Fatal Head-On Crash. In it, NBC San Diego reports that:

Authorities closed Highway 67 in Poway after a fatal head-on collision between a pickup and a big rig shuts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC San Diego.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
simon

San Diego, CA

#1 Mar 28, 2008
Hello.... where's the CHP and police patrols? Every flippin' day there's violent accidents, rollovers, head ons, vehicles going into buildings, vehicles wiping out fire hydrants, pedestrians getting run over on our roads and highways. This is ridiculous.
CZRT

El Cajon, CA

#2 Mar 28, 2008
You're in a better place C.J.
Jimmy

United States

#3 Mar 28, 2008
simon wrote:
Hello.... where's the CHP and police patrols? Every flippin' day there's violent accidents, rollovers, head ons, vehicles going into buildings, vehicles wiping out fire hydrants, pedestrians getting run over on our roads and highways. This is ridiculous.
Just how would the police/CHP stop somebody from crossing the yellow lines and into traffic? People make fateful decisions every day. Even the tiniest choice can wind up killing. It is terrible this happened but be realistic. This has nothing to do with enforcement.
Rob

Poway, CA

#4 Mar 28, 2008
I wonder how many more people are going to have to die on 67 before they put up a concrete road divider? So sad!
Dago

San Diego, CA

#5 Mar 28, 2008
$100.00 says these two dudes were pound'n down beers at some frigg'n sports bar, watching "March Madness" on a big-screen, then tried to navigate home all $h*t-faced to East County through the worst treacherous route known to mankind...Highway 67!!
dway

Canada

#6 Mar 30, 2008
it's so sad to see all the images of your loved one all my love goes out to my sister in san digeo,it was her son karl that got killed on highway 67 car crash.May he rest in peace.
plunmsugar

Mesa, AZ

#7 Mar 30, 2008
We have lived on Hwy 67 for 26 years, and I also work on Hwy 67 at one of the rock, sand and gravel companies. There are signs that ask you to turn on your headlights on both day and night, some construction has been completed to make it a 3 lane road, but that is the deadliest Hwy in California, in my opinion. The road need to be made a 4 lane road with k-rails in the center divider. No wonder it is called Slaughterhouse alley.
dway

Canada

#8 Mar 31, 2008
my heart goes out to everyone who lost their loved ones on highway 67
Strongheart

Canada

#9 Mar 31, 2008
It's too bad lives have to be lost before we realize something should have been done. It's sad at any given time a loved one dies, I know this family personally, my sister-in-law, and her son, our prayes goes to you and everyone
danielle

Poway, CA

#10 Mar 31, 2008
ok Dago, that is really insensitive to say! These two guys had just gotten off work and were diving home, i live in ramona, and the fog was insaine that morning. How would you feel life someone was talking crap about your family as they are fghting for their life! Not every car accident on the 67 is alcohal related!
ino

San Diego, CA

#11 Mar 31, 2008
Dago wrote:
$100.00 says these two dudes were pound'n down beers at some frigg'n sports bar, watching "March Madness" on a big-screen, then tried to navigate home all $h*t-faced to East County through the worst treacherous route known to mankind...Highway 67!!
That is probably one of the most insensitive things to say. I know the family personally and before you judge people you may want to think about what you say. There is a person in the hospital fighting for his life right now and no one will know why the only people that do are not able to speak and for you to prejudge is wrong. The person in the hospital fighting for their life right now and for you to be so insensitive, just wait if it happens to someone close to you and they are judging the person just as you did.
charlie

Chula Vista, CA

#12 Mar 31, 2008
karl was one of my best friends ,he left a lot of love,his parents are being very strong,we all shared stories about him last night,ill miss him always,,love you karl

Since: Mar 08

Canada

#13 Mar 31, 2008
Karl was my nephew and he will be missed dearly from us all. Thoughts and prayers goes out to my sis and family. Also for the man thats fighting for his life in the hospital and his whole family...Love u Karl xoxox
Carquest employee

United States

#14 Apr 2, 2008
danielle wrote:
ok Dago, that is really insensitive to say! These two guys had just gotten off work and were diving home, i live in ramona, and the fog was insaine that morning. How would you feel life someone was talking crap about your family as they are fghting for their life! Not every car accident on the 67 is alcohal related!
I work for the company who's driver was involved in this accident and he is correct, this was very much an alcohol related accident, that has already been determined. This was a tragic accident that effected many people. Whether alcohol would of not been involved a family has lost a loved one and another is fighting for his life that should be the focus. Keep in mind the news only shares what they think happened, the police give all parties involved THE FACTS!
Employee

United States

#15 Apr 2, 2008
Danielle, I work for the company who's driver (of the big rig)was involved in this accident and alcohol was very much involved in this horrible accident. Many lives are effected by one bad move. Remember the news only reports what they think happened, detectives report to all parties THE FACTS!! There was a mans who lost his life and another fighting for his that should remain the focus but does not clear anybody for their wrong doing. Our hearts go out to the gentleman that lost his life.
Employee

United States

#16 Apr 2, 2008
Let's not also forget that the speedometer was clocked at 90 upon impact. The impact was so hard that it broke the front axle off an 18 wheeler. Not to mention the 18 wheeler was totaled and the only thing that hit it was the truck. This was a very serious accident where speed does need to be monitored in that area.
Employee

United States

#17 Apr 2, 2008
danielle wrote:
The fog did not roll in until 6:00 am. it was so dark that the police and others passed by the truck even with people flagging them down.
robin

Newport Beach, CA

#18 Apr 2, 2008
Hello, they cannot put a concrete divider on all of highway 67, there are homes and businesses that need access. people need to be more responsible. i have lived on hwy 67 my entire life, and if everyone would pay more attention to the road, there would be so many less accidents. notice how most of them are caused by someone crossing the double yellow... try looking at the road!
Facts

Escondido, CA

#19 Apr 3, 2008
ino wrote:
<quoted text>
That is probably one of the most insensitive things to say. I know the family personally and before you judge people you may want to think about what you say. There is a person in the hospital fighting for his life right now and no one will know why the only people that do are not able to speak and for you to prejudge is wrong. The person in the hospital fighting for their life right now and for you to be so insensitive, just wait if it happens to someone close to you and they are judging the person just as you did.
The facts are they were both drunk. they got drunk at work. So your saying people are insensitive - know they are correct. These guys were drunk. Driving 90 on a dark road at 2 am. Ok that is safe, lets blame it on the police, or the road. Denial... blame it on them drinking and driving. They crossed the line. The big rig had nothing to do with it.
Facts

Escondido, CA

#20 Apr 3, 2008
danielle wrote:
You are so wrong. Do your research and learn the facts. They got drunk at work, drove home hammered at 2am. Idiots

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Diego Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge orders Jehovah's Witness to release moles... 11 hr j 50
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Colorful Digi... Tue Most Colorful 46
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) Tue No Gates 364
Comcast is Worse Than You Think Sep 18 Truthfully 30
26th Annual Paddle for Clean Water Sep 5 SurfriderSD 1
News Wife feared her husband (Apr '08) Sep 1 Mrs RWE 65
News Program pairs veterans with peers Sep 1 SSGMac 2

San Diego Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance