First Prev
of 4
Next Last
lucy
#1 Jun 28, 2007
Why are there so many fat marines? I work on a marine corps base, and have for over 10 years. I have seen the marine corps slowly progress into walking bags of shit. Once upon a time, cammys were pressed everyday. If you had one wrinkle, you paid for it! It seems like 2 out of 3 marines are over weight. Every body has a doctors note for getting out of pt. I just don't see the motivation that once was in my beloved marine corps. It seems as if USMC is breast feeding their marines instead of turning them into real MARINES. It is supposed to be the few and the proud, not the fat and the lazy! They have all these sissy rules now, nobody is allowed to enforce dicipline so its a free for all!!! I see good marines getting in trouble because they are not allowed to enforce the rules. WHAT IS GOING ON? There is a reason private pile doesn't belong in usmc. We need those days back! Those kind of drill instructors.
lucy
#2 Jun 28, 2007
P.S. If the job isn't clear, don't put in an application. you become a solder to fight in wars. weather they are for good reasons or not, no one garanteed you a choice on what wars we were going to be in. You get paid education, stable pay and excellent benifits. The least you can do is meet the job requirments. For all you people who are going to whine and cry about the poor solders in iraq. It is unfourtunate, but every single one knew what they were signing up for, and if it was a free ride, then you can't really feel sorry for them can you? I sent my husband 6 times to two different wars proudly, 15 month deployments. I will send my sons just as proudly if that is what they choose.
Lcpl Palma

United States

#3 Mar 23, 2009
Mothers of America happened to the marine corps
A1C Cole

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Mar 25, 2009
lucy wrote:
Why are there so many fat marines? I work on a marine corps base, and have for over 10 years. I have seen the marine corps slowly progress into walking bags of shit. Once upon a time, cammys were pressed everyday. If you had one wrinkle, you paid for it! It seems like 2 out of 3 marines are over weight. Every body has a doctors note for getting out of pt. I just don't see the motivation that once was in my beloved marine corps. It seems as if USMC is breast feeding their marines instead of turning them into real MARINES. It is supposed to be the few and the proud, not the fat and the lazy! They have all these sissy rules now, nobody is allowed to enforce dicipline so its a free for all!!! I see good marines getting in trouble because they are not allowed to enforce the rules. WHAT IS GOING ON? There is a reason private pile doesn't belong in usmc. We need those days back! Those kind of drill instructors.
I'm in the AF stationed in Oklahoma and I thought the Air Force fitness was bad. I'm from Oceanside and I've never seen a fat marine. That would look weird to me. Makes me glad I didn't join the Marines.

I'm sure there are some 17 year old kids signing up for the Marines who have NO IDEA what it will be like. War seems sweet to those who have no experience of it.
FTW

Germany

#5 Mar 25, 2009
To lucy: Were you ever in the Marines? If so, then your opinion is fine, but if not--then it isn't for you to judge the Marines from the pasy or the newer Marines nowadays. I do take it personal if an outsider is critical of our fellow brothers and sisters in the Armed forces. Most people are unaware or just plain ignorant of what we deal with and the conditions that military members deal with on a regular basis. The Soldiers and Marines are out there busting their ass on deployments year in and year out, not getting to see their children grow up and losing their spouses on a regular basis and you as a civilian on a DoD installation that doesn't have to deploy or have to work extended hours to get the job done, don't want to hear it from you. As a civilian, you get overtime if you work over 40 hours a week, you get to call in sick, you get to go to a union rep if you think that you were treated wrong by your boss/supervisor in the workplace, you have a LOT of priviliges that the Marines, Sailors, Soldiers and Airman DO NOT. Don't talk trash about them, just say "Thank You" to them and go about your business and be grateful
for the things that they do that you don't have to.
FTW

Germany

#6 Mar 25, 2009
Meant to say "past" where it says "pasy"; my bad...
Former Fat Marine

Cumming, GA

#7 May 2, 2009
I defended this country over the weight limit ....and I say F@#$! you !!!! Maybe you should pick up a rifle and defend this ocuntry !!! If not send your husband and sons away and hope for their safe returns god forbid an overweight marine take a round for your husband or sons.!!!
not fat

Cumming, GA

#8 May 2, 2009
I knew a overweight marine that gave his all in combat to defend his marines and his country. Took 7 rounds for his fellow marines so F*&$ you stay at home mom !!!!!
Not a fat marine but a greatful skinny Marine !
p.s. eat my arse !
A Realist

San Diego, CA

#9 May 2, 2009
I'm willing to bet Lucy is throwing stones in a glass house. It's easy to be judgemental when you don't know someones circumstances, huh Lucy?

Oorah Devil Dogs, even the fatbodies.:)
FTW

Germany

#10 May 3, 2009
Here is my take on folks like Lucy: a lot of dependent spouses don't have a lot to do while their husbands are gone, so they go out the clubs on base, get drunk, run the credit cards up, have an affair or twelve, then blame them for everything when they get back from their deployment cause the credit cards are maxed out and the neighbor or some dirtbag got them knocked up and they have no job of their own. Some do have jobs but they feel that their money is their own along w/ their husbands. To the good, loyal military wives out there, GOOD ON YA!!! To all of the other ones out there, keep your legs shut, get a real job and learn to take care of yourselves and not be a leech off of your husbands that kill themselves day in and day out so they can provide a better life for their family. That is my two cents on this matter...
George Welts

San Diego, CA

#11 May 3, 2009
Lucy, Lucy, lucy, bad night or are you just haveing your monthly? just because your late husband was an overweight marine don't crap on the marine corps.

Well said FTW you hit that nail on the head, I saw lots of that in the Navy myself.

George Welts US Navy Vet.
Army Guy chimes in

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#12 May 8, 2009
You know, I am partialy happy, sad to say, that in a public setting, we are admitting that there are fat bodies in all branches. I had been trying to find proof due to this picture of some Slob body Soldier in a DEFAC in Theater, to rebut some of the posts that had me outraged from the subsequent comments. However, in doining so, and in reading some of the posts, I've come to a better philosophy. Yes, there are overweight, some grossly, Troops. But, that Soldier in the DEFAC of Iraq or Afghanistan was ... In Iraq or Afghanistan. As a grunt, like you leathernecks do towards us (siblling rivalry), I look for every reason to show why the Army is still the biggest, baddest, etc., cliche....
But, I take issue with people who either never served or get paid by DOD but aren't willing to be a Uniformed Member and have the audacity to say anything about my Soldiers, or any other branches standards. That Fat Troop, though if in my care I would get him in shape when the opportunity presented itself, is still in the thick of battle. And he could turn out to be the troop that saves an entire convoy, if just by seeing the enemy movement and reporting it from the rear. We'll deal with his Fat body when the war is done.
But, the media, politicians, nor average civilians who are not willing to pick up arms, ride up and down those MSRs and wonder if someone else will have to explain to your child how good and brave Daddy(or mommy these days) was. You can judge that the Army mainly, but the Military standards are waivering, because a kid with a GED is allowed in. I'd rather have a fat, ged having Troop who's willing to fight than a skinny, PHD having prick that can speak about the war only based on their favorite TV station. NBC, FOX, CNN, take your pick. They all suck when they question those who serve this country without question. God Bless us who have been and those who are on their way. And this country needs to thank God or whatever they follow, that we (WARRIORS OF ALL BRANCHES) have never threaten a Strike. We have no union. Yet, we still give you all the ability to excersise your right to free speech. Even if it is the Dumbest thing ever said. You are welcome.
A Realist

San Diego, CA

#13 May 23, 2009
HOOAH!! Great post Army guy!
J-ROD AKA FAT BOY

Bridgeport, CT

#14 Sep 29, 2009
I got kicked out from the marines in 2005 for being a fat body. The proudest day of my life was when my DI put that EGA on my hand and I cried. The saddest day of my life was when I was walking out of the base gates with my sea bag on my shoulders and a bus ticket on my hand to get back home and I also cried . I guess I wasn't cut out to be a "MARINE" and yes I know...this is nothing BUT my own fault...I was not borned in this beautful country THAT I love and respect alot. I happened to joined the service to repay back the freedoms this country gave me, the free books in high school and free lunches and brakfasts and the part time job I was able to get and the oportunity to say "FUCK YOU THAT'S NOT RIGHT". I don't care what people think, I love america and I'm sorry that I could not pay you back I still owe you. But... FAT OR NOT GOD DEAM IT "I STILL DIE FOR THIS COUNTRY ANY FUCKING DAY TO DEFEND WHAT IT GAVE ME".

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#15 Sep 29, 2009
I didn't see where Lucy's husband was dead or where she disrespected anyone. Many troops are over-weight, maybe beccause they are activated reserves, injured or are just self-medicating with food.With the stress of being in country or being home looming people tend to abuse what they enjoy, wherther it be sex,booze, drugs or food. It's a fact guys this country is getting fatter as a whole, so the young people we see are going to be fatter.

Years ago you'd never see a fat cop either, oh maybe one or two old sargs somewhere on desk duty(Hey Sarg H!). Now you see quite a few overwight cops,and not just in small Southern depts. Yeah I was a "fluffy" cop, a little over regs and had a 5 lb weight waiver for the Army and that was 1974!My shame? I was 5'7" and tada...155lbs.

Hey J-Rod, keep your nose clean, get an education and that will pay back your adopted country! Best to you, buddy!
just me

San Jose, CA

#16 Sep 29, 2009
My son is a Marine and is not overweight. There are weight requirements. Maybe the base where you work you are seeing the civilians that work on base like yourself. My son irons, and if one of his fellow Marines don't, he will call him on that,just like they would call him out.

Its funny my son says he doesn't like to tell people he is a Marine He said he feels uncomfortable when someone thanks him, guess he don't have to worry about that with people like you. In your post you reference your husband as being a military person...Doubtful.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#17 Sep 29, 2009
Army guy, I know that kid your talking about, he is running his a** off everyday, in full gear to get the weight off. He wants to do the right thing and needs our help, not our scorn.
CHUNK

San Diego, CA

#18 Sep 30, 2009
Maybe the military should stop serving such good food? I mean really who needs it? Right?
HDH

San Diego, CA

#19 Sep 30, 2009
Dumb! Stop serving our men and women good food? You are an IDIOT! They should put your ass out there!
AshTrent

San Diego, CA

#20 Sep 30, 2009
My Husband is a Marine and i cant even pinch a inch on his abs.Every time we are on base the Marine's that your calling fat are working out.So you need to stop bitching. Some people cant help that they put out extra puonds and you act like they are not doing any thing to try and burn them off. I cant stand people like you that Bitch. The navy has lots of fat people go get on there case.
lucy wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Diego Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
are you hurting in sd? 43 min Cards-941 2
Weather forecast - rainbows (Apr '14) 5 hr Answer 135
Do you approve of Carl DeMaio as Council Member? 11 hr Rainbows 15
Punkr Wed Sdturntup 15
2014 Elections - Last Chance? Wed james marple 2
Marine jailed in Mexico on weapons charges awai... Tue nifongnation 2
looking for black in N county Oct 20 ncsd 2
San Diego Dating
Find my Match

San Diego Jobs