Low-income residents to receive free Christmas trees

Dozens of the city's low-income families will have Christmas trees this year even though they cannot afford them, thanks to a deal the city made with a commercial Christmas tree grower. Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
JOHN

Chula Vista, CA

#230 Dec 15, 2013
Here is my christmas wish list from all you taypaying fools!

GIVE ME a tree, car, house, money, food, clothes, gold, bling,. led TV,
medical, etc........

GIVE ME - GIVE ME - GIVE ME!!!

YOU OWE ME!!!

DUMB, working azzholes!
justayN

San Diego, CA

#231 Dec 15, 2013
JOHN wrote:
Here is my christmas wish list from all you taypaying fools!
GIVE ME a tree, car, house, money, food, clothes, gold, bling,. led TV,
medical, etc........
GIVE ME - GIVE ME - GIVE ME!!!
YOU OWE ME!!!
DUMB, working azzholes!
So let me get this straight, it's ok for businesses to rip you off and steal your money, but when people return the favor they cry about it?

You can't blame people for finding a way to survive. Businesses are all about GIVE ME GIVE ME ha ha ha ha ha
onlygodcanjudge

Cincinnati, OH

#232 Sep 21, 2014
a single mom wrote:
I am raising 5 kids on my own with NO handouts. I am NOT on any assistance program even though we qualify for many. I will NOT raise my kids to be freeloaders and think others should support them. I work TWO jobs to care for them and would NEVER take money from anyone else to feed MY kids. Thats just not the right thing to do and it's not fair to those who pay taxes. If you can't pay your bills then FIX the problems in your life and don't expect others to pay for your mistakes! Have some pride and self respect for God's sakes! And what are you teaching your kids?
Ok but you had 5 kids that's your fault but anyways people have it hard and have to do what they have to do to get up on their feet. Don't judge and try and play it like you ain't never got help. Watch what comes from your mouth before you speak........opinion
Simple minded people!!!!!! Godbless even the silly ones :)
Jennifer lara

San Antonio, TX

#233 Nov 4, 2014
Sad but true but, I"ve never owned a Christmas tree . I never had the money to do so . Today am in a place in my life to enjoy the holidays n would like to know where I can find a tree . I am disable but cant receive food stamps so we struggle to make ends meet.. If any one can share with me where to get a tree I really appricate it .
Varley

Escondido, CA

#234 Nov 5, 2014
Jennifer lara wrote:
Sad but true but, I"ve never owned a Christmas tree . I never had the money to do so . Today am in a place in my life to enjoy the holidays n would like to know where I can find a tree . I am disable but cant receive food stamps so we struggle to make ends meet.. If any one can share with me where to get a tree I really appricate it .
You might try looking around in Texas, it might be a little closer to where you are.

Many Americans don't have maps:
nicole

Denver, CO

#235 Nov 9, 2014
. hi I am a single mother of three babies and I am trying to figure out how to get a Christmas tree this year
ana

Bethlehem, PA

#236 Nov 16, 2014
its rude for some to judge people i dont work due to my health promblems n due to my son haveing learning disabilty n seizures and ive been dealing with him going in and out of seizures and my other son that is the same with his seizures n learning disabilty always ask me for a real tree for christmas n i cant afford to get him a real tree i try my best to keep them happy n i fall little behind on bills cause i cant afford everything but to judge people is just wrong id never judge anyone if anything if i could help people i would help but im in bind like others i cant afford things but i never judge so shame on people who are judgeing
Mommyof5

Oakley, CA

#237 Nov 21, 2014
A single Mom wrote:
What a bunch of whiny B.S'ers! I am raising FIVE kids by myself and we DON"T take welfare or handouts! If you can't afford a tree, so what? That's not what Christmas is all about!!!! And if you are so poor as you claim, why would you want a tree instead of food or clothes????? Doesn't make sense does it?
You are all a bunch of "gimmees" and "youowemees" and are teaching your children all wrong! The holidays are about God and family, not getting STUFF! Why don't you stop acting as if people OWE you something and start actually having some self respect and take care of yourself! Go to parades, bake cookies, sing carols, go to free events, attend church, make a tree out of paper,( my kids and I do when we have no money,one year we decorated the broom),make homemade gifts, there are a lot of things you can do and keep your pride too!
Stop being beggars! You think the taxpayers owe you, well they don't. They have their families, too, and should not have to be forced to feed everyone who makes poor choices, or is lazy, or has a crisis every two minutes in their lives. Helping someone for a short time is one thing but the middle class in this country are drowning and the country is in trouble economically and most people are worried about the future. It is not fair to expect others to take care of you! Get away from the TV and help yourselves! Teach your children independence! And how to be motivated and creative! Mine are! And if you are so poor, how did you get a computer to type here? Christmas doesn't belong to the rich or middle class! It belongs to everyone! It isn't about STUFF! It's about JESUS! And HE doesn't charge a thing!
Stop whining about your life and start seeing the positive in it. You live in the U.S. and that is something to really be grateful for. You have your kids? Now you have that to be grateful for! You are breathing and able to write on this site? GOOD! Then write a book or take a college class online! Not living on the streets? Then you are blessed. STOP BAWLING AND START YOUR LIFE ON A BETTER ROAD! GO!
Wow!! As a mother of five children myself one major thing I do teach my kids is NOT TO JUDGE OTHERS, how can you teach children about Jesus and his sacrifice , then be so selfish , just think he gave his life for us!! we pay taxes?? Think about it! Who should be complaining ?
bum

Lakeside, CA

#240 Dec 2, 2014
I love welfare and living off of others hard work.
Where do I go to get a free xmas?
dolir

San Diego, CA

#241 Dec 3, 2014
bum wrote:
I love welfare and living off of others hard work.
Where do I go to get a free xmas?
Well, I don't have to register in Lakeside and I'm not a Jesuit priest. Other than that, we're so similar...
Elleasia Priester

Grand Rapids, MI

#242 Dec 4, 2014
I would first like to say God bless those who have the kind heart to help others especially when another doesn't have it. I'm a full time single mother looking for help to get a tree for my daughter first Christmas and still working on gifts we would honestly be very thankful and grateful for our blessings thanks and remain blessed.!
kmmidenceatgmail com

Los Angeles, CA

#243 Dec 5, 2014
For many years we didn't have a Christmas tree, led alone gifts but last year, we were blessed with one, it was beautiful, with or without gifts underneath, we loved it.
25031abc

Mission Viejo, CA

#244 Dec 10, 2014
We are a low income sober living in dyer need of a xmas tree! Please help us as we really really want one!!!! Thank you
god bless everyone

San Diego, CA

#245 Dec 13, 2014
I think everyone can get help if they need it they shouldn't care what others opinion is of getting help or helping that is your own choice and if they have something to say is because they have not been in that situation were you need to ask for help god bless everyone .
god bless everyone

San Diego, CA

#246 Dec 13, 2014
Mommyof5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!! As a mother of five children myself one major thing I do teach my kids is NOT TO JUDGE OTHERS, how can you teach children about Jesus and his sacrifice , then be so selfish , just think he gave his life for us!! we pay taxes?? Think about it! Who should be complaining ?
I agree with you .
bbff

Chula Vista, CA

#247 Dec 15, 2014
Jim wrote:
How about if everyone takes care of themselves and doesn't expect their neighbor or country to support them. It's called working and saving! Take care of your own family and bills and stop demanding other peoples hard earned money!
yes!
kristin

Oregon City, OR

#248 Dec 17, 2014
We desperately need a tree for our boys. We are not on any assistance. I have fibromayalgia and rheumatoid arthritis and I have been looking and I have had no luck. The boys are 6 and 9 Leo and Achilles. They are wonderful boys kind and sweet in every way. I live in Oregon and just need some help. Just a tree. Without a tree Christmas isn't the same.
Misty

El Cajon, CA

#249 Dec 18, 2014
A single Mom wrote:
What a bunch of whiny B.S'ers! I am raising FIVE kids by myself and we DON"T take welfare or handouts! If you can't afford a tree, so what? That's not what Christmas is all about!!!! And if you are so poor as you claim, why would you want a tree instead of food or clothes????? Doesn't make sense does it?
You are all a bunch of "gimmees" and "youowemees" and are teaching your children all wrong! The holidays are about God and family, not getting STUFF! Why don't you stop acting as if people OWE you something and start actually having some self respect and take care of yourself! Go to parades, bake cookies, sing carols, go to free events, attend church, make a tree out of paper,( my kids and I do when we have no money,one year we decorated the broom),make homemade gifts, there are a lot of things you can do and keep your pride too!
Stop being beggars! You think the taxpayers owe you, well they don't. They have their families, too, and should not have to be forced to feed everyone who makes poor choices, or is lazy, or has a crisis every two minutes in their lives. Helping someone for a short time is one thing but the middle class in this country are drowning and the country is in trouble economically and most people are worried about the future. It is not fair to expect others to take care of you! Get away from the TV and help yourselves! Teach your children independence! And how to be motivated and creative! Mine are! And if you are so poor, how did you get a computer to type here? Christmas doesn't belong to the rich or middle class! It belongs to everyone! It isn't about STUFF! It's about JESUS! And HE doesn't charge a thing!
Stop whining about your life and start seeing the positive in it. You live in the U.S. and that is something to really be grateful for. You have your kids? Now you have that to be grateful for! You are breathing and able to write on this site? GOOD! Then write a book or take a college class online! Not living on the streets? Then you are blessed. STOP BAWLING AND START YOUR LIFE ON A BETTER ROAD! GO!
To this wonderful Christmas angel. Really?? Would your comment in any way be in the Spirit of Christ-mas? Why don't you practice reading your bible since you have everything else covered. Oh wait let me put my own credentials and info. I am 60 years of age, raise my now 11 year old grandson, wait for it,,,,I recently graduated from San Diego State University, as well I recently had two cancer surgeries, and yup I am trying to find a Christmas Tree for my grandson that is really inexpensive or God not forbid FREE. I will pray for you. Misty
xp3nd3ja951

Los Angeles, CA

#250 Dec 18, 2014
where can I get a Christmas tree.things get very complicated, I believe no one has the right to judge..sometimes people are in situations that never thought they would be in and for those talking bad just hope u never have to go thru the same situation to understand, u might just be able to open ur eyes and soften ur heart with God's mercy.

“Did you say something?”

Since: Jul 12

San Diego, CA.

#251 Dec 23, 2014
Who cares, give them some cash and tell them to go somewhere else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Diego Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The case of the rotten gym rat 1 hr GymRatJuice 3
Fun for Kids: San Diego Zoo 2 hr Kassy_niko 1
Review: SelfHelpWorks 12 hr michaelgragg710 13
i sell (May '12) 14 hr lisaoitoatgmailcom 5
BEST Hospital in S.D.? Urgent! Very sick sister! 17 hr Fietolp 2
Why America Loses Wars Now Wed Arlgoel Mentolef 6
Review: San Diego Car Rentals Mar 3 clarences 4
San Diego Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web