Who do you support for Governor in Ca...
Lily Dunlap

San Bernardino, CA

#1446 Oct 19, 2010
she has old fashion values!! Not a crook and believes in GOD!
CA Voter

AOL

#1447 Oct 19, 2010
Communists and party Kool-Aid drinkers will vote against Nightingale.
Jason Gonella

Lancaster, CA

#1448 Oct 19, 2010
Major party candidates aren't worth my time, and Nightingale is not nearly as good as Ogden.
Marla

Pleasanton, CA

#1449 Oct 19, 2010
I think she will bring jobs to California.
Jason Gonella

Lancaster, CA

#1450 Oct 19, 2010
You can tell the bias is there. Nightingale is the official "other" candidate, because whenever both the major parties field duds there's too much of a danger that real third party alternatives can break through. So we need a well publicized distraction.
Patriot

Los Gatos, CA

#1451 Oct 19, 2010
Carol wrote:
How about a Fresh Face!... like Chilene Nittengale, who is NOT either a democrat nor a Republican !!!!!!!!!! Haven't THEY (both parties!) done! ENOUGH... to the USA - already??... And people like Chilene Nittengale, believe in Fair practices like Guest Worker programs - for Undocumented workers (which would legally PROTECT them; as they work, Learn English, and Our USA HISTORY; which the
n produces NEW Citizens, who are
ASSIMILATED in AMERICAN CULTURE,and SOCIETY, and in being! American Citizens!!!! Which is just what the Ruling Class does
NOT want- THEY want angry people fighting with each other; being Miserable! and NOT wanting to help each other; in other words -
class warfare !!!!!!!!!! for everybody.... And most Americans reward those who come
here the Legal way; with food, clothes for the
kids, boots in Winter and LOVE... for our
fellow family members of ALL races !!!
AMERICA is the melting pot of ethnicity!!
You GO!! Chilene !!!!
YOU are too stupid to vote. Open your freaking eyes chick - you sound like an idiot cheerleader. Your vote for Chelene will ONLY support Brown. Don't you get it?
It is down to Brown or Meg - voting for Chelene takes votes away from the Conservative/republican party. Because of stupid voters like you we will probably end up with Brown. Dumbass
missprint366

United States

#1452 Oct 19, 2010
Chelene is the only candidate who will stay true to the U.S. Constitution AND the California Constitution.
Brown-Out

Hesperia, CA

#1453 Oct 19, 2010
Not a Jerry Brown fan. I Thing Meg is smart and will get California working again.
Godfrey

Chico, CA

#1454 Oct 19, 2010
Why does anyone want to give Jerry a "do-over". For crying out loud I thought by now he would be fishing or something instead of bothering us anymore. Please, can we get away from Jerry, we have had enough of his really big fat brain head stuff. If I didn't know better I would think Geppetto had carved his head because it just keeps showing up. Is he a "Political Puppet"?
tricia

Fullerton, CA

#1455 Oct 19, 2010
jerry brown sucks
DJMPK

Palm Springs, CA

#1456 Oct 19, 2010
Best Candidate by far
Meg

Novato, CA

#1457 Oct 19, 2010
Meg

Novato, CA

#1458 Oct 19, 2010
On Whitman’s Ties To Goldman Sachs

[Whitman’s] business practices came under intense scrutiny in the fall of 2002, when congressional investigators identified her as one of a handful of corporate executives who had made self-serving deals with Wall Street firms at the expense of shareholders.

After Whitman hired Goldman Sachs to handle EBay’s investment banking business — deals that generated $8 million in fees for the bank, court records show — Goldman gave Whitman early access to initial public offerings of stock for her personal portfolio. The head start on the rest of the market allowed her to sell shares for a profit of $1.78 million.

The deals raised suspicions among regulators that Whitman and other executives, including Kenneth Lay of Enron, were trading shareholder assets — in the form of fees paid to investment banks, for example — for personal gain.

“It is effectively a bribe for future services,” said Mercer Bullard, a law professor at the University of Mississippi and former Securities and Exchange Commission attorney who was not involved in the government investigation.“It was exactly the kind of thing crooked politicians engage in.”

Goldman Sachs and nine other Wall Street firms agreed to stop giving executives they do business with early access to public offerings as part of a settlement with regulators in 2003. Whitman writes in her book that there was nothing illegal about the transaction and that “such investment opportunities were common at the time.”

In a debate last week with her primary election opponent, state Insurance Commissioner Steve Poizner, Whitman said she “did not actually see a conflict of interest” in the deal.“It was a completely separate account that had nothing to do with EBay’s banking business,” she said.“But the truth is leaders have to be above reproach.”

Whitman, who had joined the Goldman Sachs board in October 2001, resigned from it two months after she was named in the congressional investigation. She paid $1.78 million to settle a subsequent lawsuit brought by EBay shareholders who said the money she made on the stock deal belonged to them, not her.
missprint366

United States

#1459 Oct 19, 2010
Andree wrote:
He is a great person who gets the job done.
Brown's union chickens have come home to roost! It was Jerry Brown who is responsible for the pension debacle California is saddled with today. Do we really need more of the same Moonbeam idiocy that has caused California to crash before? Electing Brown will mean that California will NEVER recover!

Go Chelene!
CG

Phoenix, AZ

#1460 Oct 19, 2010
Unfortunately, this is my vote because it is the one most likely to keep Jerry Brown out of the governer's office...again

“I do believe in Fairies...”

Since: May 08

Laramie WY

#1461 Oct 19, 2010
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are too stupid to vote. Open your freaking eyes chick - you sound like an idiot cheerleader. Your vote for Chelene will ONLY support Brown. Don't you get it?
It is down to Brown or Meg - voting for Chelene takes votes away from the Conservative/republican party. Because of stupid voters like you we will probably end up with Brown. Dumbass
As long as people LIKE YOU continue to vote the lesser of two evils, we will continue to be handed hand-picked two party candidates from which to choose. Third parties only become viable when the apathetic and complacent electorate finally decides that they have had enough of the status quo.

I'm voting for Chelene. I'm voting my conscience. I refuse to hold my nose while choosing which smelly piece of garbage will do less harm to me and mine than the other smelly piece of garbage. Whitman is Brown in a skirt. They actually agree on more than they disagree on--so who cares which one gets in? One is a total nut job and the other is a RINO. Neither deserves the vote of an educated electorate.

The true insanity lies in the vote of those who continue to vote the status quo over and over again while expecting a different outcome.

Now there's some ignorance for you.
George Williams

AOL

#1462 Oct 19, 2010
You don't even know who you are voting for with Nightingale. She has no resume, only as an activist. She has no college education, she lives in Palmdale, we do know she filed for bankruptcy. We do know she thinks 9-11 was planned by our government we do know she has a loud mouth. Big deal, that does not cut it for me. She represents a small fringe group who have rallied on this site. This is about all the votes this person will get on this poll. If you think whitman isn't qualified, This woman couldn't organize her way out of a paper sack. and you can take that to the bank!
Barb Hoffman

AOL

#1463 Oct 19, 2010
yes, the vote for chelene is a small protest vote. I hope the hell it doesn't help Brown, she will be doomed in this town if Brown wins
Brad D

Long Beach, CA

#1464 Oct 19, 2010
Voting for Chelene Nightengale because everyone else is and Both Meg and Jerry will be supporting amnesty.
Wanda Farah

Los Angeles, CA

#1465 Oct 19, 2010
She is brilliant, no old political axes to grjobs, etc.ind, can get our state moving forward again - back to where we belong - at the tops in education - services -

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Diego Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bikes, cars struggle to share Coast Highway Thu Why waste the Money 1
Why are there so many ugly women in San Diego? (Apr '09) Feb 23 Diego 14
WALLapalooza Feb 23 Wally Ballooo 1
News Climate change rally Tuesday in downtown San Diego Feb 21 The Great White A... 1
News The dreaded deportations that would surge under... (Jul '16) Feb 21 America First 54
News They were brought to America as kids - then sen... Feb 20 MAGA2016 2
News Lips club owner posts video after beating in No... Feb 15 25or6to4 1

San Diego Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Diego Mortgages