Navy 'stands down' air wing, as cuts begin

Mar 2, 2013 Full story: The San Diego Union-Tribune

The skies and waters of San Diego will become quieter as the Navy slashes ship training and even stands down an air wing in response to sweeping automatic budget cuts triggered Friday.

Full Story
Heather

Visalia, CA

#1 Mar 4, 2013
If we dont have a military that is trained and ready how is country protected. Hope nothing bad happens.
What Now

San Antonio, TX

#2 Mar 4, 2013
Heather wrote:
If we dont have a military that is trained and ready how is country protected. Hope nothing bad happens.
There is nothing to worry about as far as the US Military is concerned. The type of training that will be put on hold all involves the expenditure of costly fuel. The fact we have an 'all volunteer' military means most of those in service now have adequate training for the short term.

But this does have an affect on the right to bear arms issue. It will be impossible for the people to give up their arms if our military and Obama sends the public the wrong signal about not having an adequate and ready force for protecting the country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Diego Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
horny guy wanting to chat (Jan '12) 12 hr honey 14
24 7 emergency locksmith (Dec '11) 12 hr Calvin James 14
Review: US Consumer Attorneys 13 hr jinnni 1
Complaints Against Google+ Mon Ditto 93
SD Blues Mon blues 1
Punkr Mon blues 22
The Failure of Leadership is the Failure to Sec... Nov 23 nttol 5
San Diego Dating
Find my Match

San Diego People Search