Brother Olivers in Carmichael now clo...

Brother Olivers in Carmichael now closed? And all of a sudden too?

Posted in the Sacramento Forum

“The Friendly Hockey Guy”

Since: Oct 07

Citrus Heights, CA

#1 Jan 23, 2008
My friend Kelly was supposed to work a karaoke show there tonight when they apparently had their doors closed. FOR GOOD. I dont know the cause of this but thought it would be cool if News 10 could look into this mysterious exit of this resturaunt.Its very sad indeed and I will miss that place.

“Allergic to BS & liberals”

Since: Dec 07

Somewhere in the foothills...

#2 Jan 23, 2008
Is that the restaurant with the German look to it?? Near the corner of Manzanita & Madison? I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the right place. If it is, I have eaten there twice, many years ago and loved it.

“The Friendly Hockey Guy”

Since: Oct 07

Citrus Heights, CA

#3 Jan 23, 2008
That would be the one. Although its main roots were irish I believe. Its just sad. That place had some good taste to it. Although their drinks were mighty expensive. $3.75 for a glass of beer.

“Allergic to BS & liberals”

Since: Dec 07

Somewhere in the foothills...

#4 Jan 23, 2008
Hockey Guy wrote:
That would be the one. Although its main roots were irish I believe. Its just sad. That place had some good taste to it. Although their drinks were mighty expensive.$3.75 for a glass of beer.
Then I am thinking of the right place. For the couple times I ate there, I thought there food was awesome - the atmosphere was cozy too. I have to agree, the food and drinks were pretty expensive.
British Leyland

United States

#5 Apr 23, 2009
I first went to Brother Olivers in 1978, when it was then Steak & Ale. As a guest of the Jaguar Owners Club of Sacramento. I was then working in new car sales for British Motors of Sacramento.
After over 30 years it's hard to believe this place has gone?
jeepgirl

United States

#6 Nov 19, 2011
Has anybody found out why brother oliver's closed?
bill crandall from tahoe

New York, NY

#8 Feb 15, 2013
Wow. I'm really sorry to read this. Had many fun times there. I worked there many years ago. With the best bunch of people I have ever met.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sacramento Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Trump building a blueprint for mass deportat... 6 hr jonjedi 35
News More rain and snow possible Sunday 7 hr Tracybench553 1
News 4 people, including 2 children, found dead in N... 7 hr Tracybench55 1
News Folsom Man Suspected of Investment Fraud (Feb '08) 17 hr Sgt Preston 87
Recover Deleted Audios from Android Thu rachelhot 1
Free Data Recovery Software for Lenovo Phones a... Thu Nice 3
is union bank ceo steve cummings black? Thu Union Bank Steve ... 1

Sacramento Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance