Shutdown would hurt Sacramento's reco...

Shutdown would hurt Sacramento's recovery but not kill it

There are 586 comments on the Sacramento Bee Newspaper story from Sep 30, 2013, titled Shutdown would hurt Sacramento's recovery but not kill it. In it, Sacramento Bee Newspaper reports that:

The looming federal government shutdown wouldn’t obliterate Sacramento’s economic recovery, but in a region with thousands of federal employees – and a business climate where consumer confidence is finally getting better – the shutdown surely wouldn’t help, business leaders in the region said Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sacramento Bee Newspaper.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#205 Oct 16, 2013
Levi wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't last that long or make much difference, the difference will be the jobs lost with obamacare
You are right it will not settle it. However Mitch McConnell got what he really wanted. He knew he could not un-fund Obamacare, so he played it right down to the wire to get this dam for his state. We are going to pay for the dam.
BS Buster

Roseville, CA

#206 Oct 16, 2013
Levi wrote:
<quoted text>You sure cry a lot. How did it hurt you, what is your worth? Are you still working at McDonalds?
Is your mother still giving $10 BJ's on 14th Street in East Oakland?
BS Buster

Roseville, CA

#209 Oct 16, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
A proposal to end the government shutdown and avoid default orchestrated by Republican Leader Mitch McConnell and Democratic Leader Harry Reid includes a nearly $3 billion earmark for a Kentucky project.
America, when are you going to say enough is enough ?
Amerika, the land of complacent sheep !!!
We are all officially gubment slaves now for the Fuhrer Obama !
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

The $3 BILLION EARMARK WAS FOR REPUBLICAN SENATE LEADER MITCH MCCONNELL!!!

Even funnier RiccarcoFool the hate filled, bilged guy with the sheet with eye holes in his closet and a swastika on his diapers with his panties in an uproar because he lost again! Same spoiled little brat! Rush will kiss your boo boo Ricky! LOL

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA and I do mean HA!

Folks just a friendly reminder that "RiccardoFool" (also known as "Dan" when he in drag and on the rag!) has made these insane statements right here in this thread:

"obama closed the MLK memorial in hopes that blacks across the nation would start a few race riots"
" Bama, the petulant child president, is at war with the American people."
"Obama is pure evil"
"In Obama's mind, WWII vets are the enemy, and illegal aliens are the chosen people."

I don't know how he missed "Obama is a born in Kenya Muslim"! Guess he's saving that for the next post LOL

Remember also that in another thread "RiccardoFool"/ "Dan" also stated that every man, woman and CHILD Muslim should be murdered by the USA because the only good Muslim is a dead Muslim!

If that insane and bigoted drivel doesn't show you that "Dan"'s/Ricky's freaking NUTS, well nothing will! Just be glad you don't have to be in the same room with him folks!
BS Buster

Roseville, CA

#210 Oct 16, 2013
Roudy The Second wrote:
I am glad congress has settled this fro the moment.
However like this or not, I tin all Californians should know that Senator Mitch McConnell from Ky got a two billion dollar dam out of this deal for his state. He has opposed the President on almost every issue our senators have supported the president on every issue. What are we getting except what should have been done. You decided. Here is the info on it. I did not get it from Rush or any other talk show.
Now do you think Kentucky will vote him out?
http://www.google.com/url...
I agree with you about the earmark Roudy and I'd be saying the same thing if it was a $3B Democratic earmark. I'm pleased common sense finally (sort of prevailed) and I give credit to the moderate Republicans as well as Democrats who came together to prevent this imminent disaster Too bad RiccardoFool can't be a more graceful loser instead of a persistent hater! You however are making sense!
BS Buster

Roseville, CA

#211 Oct 16, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
A shutdown isn't supposed to help the economy. It's supposed to curtail spending. What we needed was a real shutdown of 50% of government lasting a couple of years.
IN other News we can thank our CA Government for jobs leaving the state: ROSEVILLE, Calif.(KCRA)—A software company based in Roseville is moving its headquarters to Austin, Texas.
Read more: http://www.kcra.com/news/money/roseville-comp...
Thank you Liberalism.
Yeah we understand you couldn't care less about hundreds of thousands of government workers without jobs or their families or the people indirectly affected (subcontractors, local business people, etc.) We understand you couldn't care less about the people dependent on government services either. You've got your unionized overpaid slacker job with great benefits so screw the rest of the country! We get that dude!

So a software company in Roseville is moving to Austin and you don't care about those jobs and those people either! Uh huh! We get that too, it's just what we'd expect from a selfish, self centered, hate filled Tea Bagger!

Folks just a friendly reminder that "RiccardoFool" (also known as "Dan" when he in drag and on the rag!) has made these insane statements right here in this thread:

"obama closed the MLK memorial in hopes that blacks across the nation would start a few race riots"
"Obama is pure evil"
"In Obama's mind, WWII vets are the enemy, and illegal aliens are the chosen people."

I don't know how he missed "Obama is a born in Kenya Muslim"! Guess he's saving that for the next post LOL

Remember also that in another thread "RiccardoFool"/ "Dan" also stated that every man, woman and CHILD Muslim should be murdered by the USA because the only good Muslim is a dead Muslim!

If that insane and bigoted drivel doesn't show you that "Dan"'s/Ricky's freaking NUTS, well nothing will! Just be glad you don't have to be in the same room with him folks!

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#212 Oct 16, 2013
BS Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you about the earmark Roudy and I'd be saying the same thing if it was a $3B Democratic earmark. I'm pleased common sense finally (sort of prevailed) and I give credit to the moderate Republicans as well as Democrats who came together to prevent this imminent disaster Too bad RiccardoFool can't be a more graceful loser instead of a persistent hater! You however are making sense!
Explain how adding another trillion of debt is a great day. You are like a junkie who scores and says it's a great day.

Sacramento, CA

#213 Oct 16, 2013
BS Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your mother still giving $10 BJ's on 14th Street in East Oakland?
Now we know why you have no money. Shame on you sick turd!

Sacramento, CA

#214 Oct 16, 2013
Roudy The Second wrote:
<quoted text>You are right it will not settle it. However Mitch McConnell got what he really wanted. He knew he could not un-fund Obamacare, so he played it right down to the wire to get this dam for his state. We are going to pay for the dam.
I agree,

Kentuckians, you elected a real winner. This two-faced POS was bought. For a mere $3B - the modern equivalent of 30 pieces of silver, apparently - the Republic now teeters on the brink. Shameful.

Oh no, downvotes? The humanity!- Judas and OFA were both here.
Couldn't have said it any better! I hope he gets his a$$ kicked in the upcoming election. Hard to believe that Rand Paul also came from the same state.

How often does Nancy Pelosi spend more than a day in her own district? Or any of them for that matter.

No more career politicians in America!

Sacramento, CA

#215 Oct 16, 2013
BS Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you consider a loss of $24 FREAKING BILLION DOLLARS "not hurting the economy" according to Standard & Poor's (hardly a liberal institution!) I guess you are right!
Can anybody possibly have his head stuck up his ass...or Rush Limbaugh's ass...than RiccardoFool!
The mind truly boggles!!!
Another ObamaCare ‘Glitch’:$30B blown on non-operational medical record system

Are you crying over that loss? Expect more to come.

Location hidden

#216 Oct 16, 2013
BS Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
I think folks should know this fact. I think McConnell held out on this because he wanted to get this earmark. Just my opinion. He knew he did not have the votes in the senate to get what they were arguing over ,instead he manipulated the situation in fact held the country hostage to get what he really wanted. Now we are going to pay for it, what did we get? It was their job to pass this measure. They did not do us a favor, it was their job. So he used us all. My opinion and the way I see it. Facts are facts.I don`t know why Ky needs a dam, sounds like a boondoggle to me.

Location hidden

#217 Oct 17, 2013
Here is an update Senator McConnell`s Dam. It is no a done deal -yet. It has ben referred to Senator Feinstein for investigation. Maybe it is time to send her an e-mail to let her know hat you thin on the issue. We got water problems her in California too.

https://www.google.com/search...
BS Buster

Roseville, CA

#218 Oct 17, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Explain how adding another trillion of debt is a great day. You are like a junkie who scores and says it's a great day.
The debt ceiling absolutely had to be lifted as any knowledgeable economist will tell you. I didn't say it was "a great day", just that I was pleased than there was a bipartisan agreement to bring to a close something that never should have started! You're like a junkie who goes bonkers every time Rush Limbaugh doesn't release a load of liquid knowledge from his rectum! Whatever turns you on Dumbo! LOL

"Obama is pure evil"

"Obama is pure evil"

BS Buster

Roseville, CA

#219 Oct 17, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Now we know why you have no money. Shame on you sick turd!
Oh go f**k yourself in the ass you feces covered Tea Bagger douche bag! When people get rude with me (like you do regularly!) I give them the same rudeness in return...and then some! Some of us just don't suffer fools gladly! Be civil and you get civility, get rude and I'll slime you back mother***er! Get the picture BRO?

"Obama is pure evil"

BS Buster

Roseville, CA

#220 Oct 17, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree,
Kentuckians, you elected a real winner. This two-faced POS was bought. For a mere $3B - the modern equivalent of 30 pieces of silver, apparently - the Republic now teeters on the brink. Shameful.
Oh no, downvotes? The humanity!- Judas and OFA were both here.
Couldn't have said it any better! I hope he gets his a$$ kicked in the upcoming election. Hard to believe that Rand Paul also came from the same state.
How often does Nancy Pelosi spend more than a day in her own district? Or any of them for that matter.
No more career politicians in America!
Nice to see you're finally trashing a Republican for a change! Nothing can get your sissy Tea Bagger panties into an uproar more than somebody telling the Tea Baggers that their stinks...even if it's another Republican! Get over it sucka'! You and the Tea Baggers lost and are now as popular as a used condom in a church collection plate! LOL

"Obama is pure evil"

BS Buster

Roseville, CA

#221 Oct 17, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you crying over that loss? Expect more to come.
Well actually I'm more concerned about TRILLION DOLLAR TOTALLY UNNCESSARY WARS and a 24 BILLION DOLLARS LOSS TO THE ECONOMY because of the Republican caused government shutdown!

We'll also expect a bunch of "more to come" explosive discharges from Rush Limbaugh's poop chute and Fox News to be re-cycled through your mouth! Nothing like a sore loser Tea Bagger with his panties in an bunch! LOL

"Obama is pure evil"

Sacramento, CA

#222 Oct 17, 2013
BS Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Well actually I'm more concerned about TRILLION DOLLAR TOTALLY UNNCESSARY WARS and a 24 BILLION DOLLARS LOSS TO THE ECONOMY because of the Republican caused government shutdown!
Both sides are to blame. that IS a FACT. But not worth arguing about. It doesn't matter. And being concerned about Unnecessary wars that were caused by both sides of the Government, another waste of time. It's over, the money is spent. Why do you cry so much? Take your meds.

Sacramento, CA

#223 Oct 17, 2013
BS Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice to see you're finally trashing a Republican for a change! Nothing can get your sissy Tea Bagger panties into an uproar more than somebody telling the Tea Baggers that their stinks...even if it's another Republican! Get over it sucka'! You and the Tea Baggers lost and are now as popular as a used condom in a church collection plate! LOL
Nobody won fool, just the people getting the pay offs. Typical Pelosi style Government. It's not settled yet, just delayed. Go back to your worries and your concerns old man. LOL
BS Buster

Roseville, CA

#225 Oct 17, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Both sides are to blame. that IS a FACT. But not worth arguing about. It doesn't matter. And being concerned about Unnecessary wars that were caused by both sides of the Government, another waste of time. It's over, the money is spent. Why do you cry so much? Take your meds.
Agreed both sides are to blame although all evidence and popular opinion (the polls) points to one in particular for causing the shutdown. You're the one that continues to argue and distort the facts. I'm all for saying "It's over! Let's move on and try to come up with some bipartisan compromise legislation before the next deadline!" Comparisons are perfectly valid in arguments and debates. Not taking any meds but thanks for your concern...LOL
BS Buster

Roseville, CA

#227 Oct 17, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody won fool, just the people getting the pay offs. Typical Pelosi style Government. It's not settled yet, just delayed. Go back to your worries and your concerns old man. LOL
Pelosi style government my ass! More like Cruz style government fool, causing a costly, disruptive fiasco that didn't have to happen! Go back to your radio, turn on Rush, assume the position and get ready for his next explosive "discharge" you grumpy old Tea Bagger! LOL

Sacramento, CA

#229 Oct 18, 2013
ObowelCare AFFORDABLE?????

"You’ll also have to pay 40 percent of the cost of non-generic drugs. But each customer’s out-of-pocket costs will be capped at $6,250, or $12,500 for a family plan."

Gee how generous of the ObowelMovement!

all that on Top of QAUDRUPLING PREMIUMS, QAUDRUPLING CO PAYS, and a $7500-$12000 deductible before Obowelcare pays out a nickel!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sacramento Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As a gay teen, Evan Low thought about changing ... 22 min Bruce 6
Specialized Bike Review = Big Problems 26 min Mr Fongstein 3
murder of son ralph reynoso (Jul '06) May 24 Guess who 13
News Is Californiaa s a resistancea doomed? Secessio... May 23 Palooka in Paducah 76
News Fight Over Rising Rent Brings Marchers To Sacra... May 22 Woulverine 2
Interest grows in half billion gold treasure of... May 21 Combat K 1
Tired of government bullying? May 20 Freetek 1

Sacramento Jobs

Personal Finance

Sacramento Mortgages