Sheriff Claims Officer Justified in D...

Sheriff Claims Officer Justified in DUI Shooting

There are 134 comments on the News10 Sacramento story from Apr 7, 2008, titled Sheriff Claims Officer Justified in DUI Shooting. In it, News10 Sacramento reports that:

Written by Elizabeth Bishop , Senior Internet News Producer John Savalin An incident over the weekend in which a Sacramento County sheriff's sergeant shot and killed a man was "clearly an in-policy shooting," ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News10 Sacramento.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Reno Lee Brandt

Moorhead, MN

#128 Apr 10, 2008
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably lost your kids as a result of a DNA test and are still bitter. I hope your learned that you don't have kids to "grow your own fun". The police probably found your DNA in every orifice of all your kids and the family dog, cow, sheep, cat, and goat.
I'm glad they took them away from you.
Whatever Jeff...and maybe your just a pedifile who is pissed off because he can get caught due to DNA testing.
Reno Lee Brandt

Moorhead, MN

#129 Apr 10, 2008
Chris wrote:
Sounds like another mom that can't put the blame on her own kid. Sorry that you lost a child, but the cops are not going to beat or dip your 14 year old kid unless he is being an stupid little punk, which I am sure he was. Stop making things up!
<quoted text>
I think its more of just another cop who likes beating little kids up in handcuffs. Maybe the cop was having a flash back, and thought the little kid was his wife....LOL...They get that power and control feeling....you know the feeling, right Chris.....LOL
Jeff

San Luis Obispo, CA

#130 Apr 10, 2008
Reno Lee Brandt wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about or yourself Jeff....is that the best you can do?
I'm not the one crying on the forum.

“I owe it all to God!”

Since: Mar 08

Stockton, CA

#131 Apr 11, 2008
justice for all wrote:
It sounds like another situation where a cop over-reacted once again! This time the victim paying the ultimate price. My heart goes out to the family and I pray for justice for them! From the mother of the "fourteen year old boy that overdosed on Robitussin" a couple weeks ago, our story was in the Sac. Bee and my son was made out to be so terrible and was accused of assulting the cops;however, I called 911 because I thought my child was dead, when the police/ambulance,arrived, next thing I knew the police were hand-cuffing my son,dipped him a few times, and slammed my sons head into the ground. My son was transported to the hospital,where they placed him under arrest and would not let the family into the hospital room to see if he was okay, so the whole four hours I sat in the waiting room with my other children not knowing if my son was okay or what they were doing to him. And after the DR. treated my son and he was dicharged from the hospital, he was sent to juvenille hall. My sons side of his face was cut-up from where the cops slammed his face into the ground while in hand-cuffs already. What my son needed was medical treatment and drug rehabilitation and counseling after suffering the loss of his father. Thats why I called for help> not for my son to be treated like a criminal! My son did not deserve this treatment and neither did this man! When will this end?
This will all end when people start handling thier own problems and stop depending on others to take care of them. I understand that people need help when they can't do things on thier own, but when you ask for help, you need to accept what you get--it may not be what you wanted, but it may be what it takes to wake your son up.

What is even more sad is that this drunk driver had to lose his life, but if he had mowed your son down while driving drunk, you may be asking why the cops didn't do more to keep this repeat offender off hte streets.

My son once wold me, "when you change the way you look at things, the things you look at cahnge." He was quoting an ancient proverb.
Joe Citizen

Elk Grove, CA

#132 Apr 11, 2008
Reno Lee Brandt wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever Jeff...and maybe your just a pedifile who is pissed off because he can get caught due to DNA testing.
Ummmm..... it's spelled P E D O P H I L E you backwoods numbnut, I didn't know Hooked on Phonics was required reading to graduate H.S. in MN. Explains alot.........
justice for all

Sacramento, CA

#134 Apr 11, 2008
us300joe wrote:
<quoted text>
This will all end when people start handling thier own problems and stop depending on others to take care of them. I understand that people need help when they can't do things on thier own, but when you ask for help, you need to accept what you get--it may not be what you wanted, but it may be what it takes to wake your son up.
What is even more sad is that this drunk driver had to lose his life, but if he had mowed your son down while driving drunk, you may be asking why the cops didn't do more to keep this repeat offender off hte streets.
My son once wold me, "when you change the way you look at things, the things you look at cahnge." He was quoting an ancient proverb.
well I dont have to worry about asking "why the cops didn't do more to keep this repeated offender off the streets" because he shot and kiied him! That was the answer huh! All that I know is that I as a parent am expected to provide and protect my children-and trust me if I would have handled it (my situation) the why the cops did-they would have been arresting me! And then-CPS! So it goes both ways! Take your own advice.

Since: Oct 07

Sacramento, CA

#135 Apr 11, 2008
Reno Lee Brandt wrote:
<quoted text>
What ever you cop flocker, he could have shot the tires out if he was so damned trained....LOL
Shooting of the tires only work in movies, shooting the tires in real life will do one of two things, Bullet will penetrate into the tire and escape into the engine bay and do damage there thus causing catasrophic failure to the car resulting in a possible car accident (and then all of you complaining about why the cop did such a stupid thing) Or two, the bullet goes into the tire, and out into open space which is most likely an area someone is either standing, walking, or driving. Again, you people will complain about how stupid the cop was for shooting the tires. But since the drunk idiot who is a repeat offender driving on a suspended license is dead, the other option which has a higher proabablity of hurting or killing others is the better choice for you. One dead idiot is better than innocent people getting hurt or killed by this numb nut.
Reno Lee Brandt wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...then why do so many courts in the USA recognized it as reliable....hmmmm.....or are you just a poor cop who got caught lieing once upon a false conviction...LOL....wow.
DNA has been proven a viable source of evidence, but only up to a certain amount of time after which DNA too can mutate and change to the point where it will no longer match like it did before. I could care less about what it did for you, but many crime labs, scientists are currently working to make changes nation wide in how DNA is handled and preserved and ultimately disposed of.

Either way, numb nuts had made the decision to try and run for it, got shot because he made the choice to try and run the cop over and well, the officer did his job. I would recommend all of you people to take a few classes in Criminal Justice just to understand protocol. Maybe then you'll be able to see what it means to be a peace officer who has to deal on a daily basis with people like you who call for help, but dont like what happens or choose to speed, but refuse to take the ticket because you have to be somewhere. Excuses only go so far, own up to your lives in the real world.
justice

AOL

#136 May 10, 2008
IF DNA IS NO GOOD IN 15 YEARS THEN HOW ARE THEY EXTRACTING IT FROM WOOLY MAMMOTHS.I CANT BELIEVE SOME MORONWANTS TO KEEP INNOCENT PEOPLE IN PRISON.SHAME ON YOU AND REMEMBER WE ARE AMERICANS WITH MANY RIGHTS SO FIGHT FOR THEM

Since: Oct 07

Sacramento, CA

#137 May 14, 2008
Your argument there has a flaw, DNA from a dinosaur that has been preserved in ice is different from DNA that sits in a casket etc.

Dont forget what your last line says, what that drunk driver chose was to run and in the process, very likely to injure someone who was just there at (in that instance) the wrong time. That person who would have been injured had the right to being protected from what would have happened to them; but again, you choose to complain about the drunk idiot who was also privledged with the rights of driving SOBER and abused it (ultimately losing that right long ago) getting shot and killed over the fact that the officer decided to protect others including himself.

Thinking about that one idiot over the whole big picture is the most dumbest thing you can do. Next time an officer decides not to shoot the next idiot in the same situation and you get injured because of that, dont cry, you wanted the officer to not shoot that drunkie with the suspended license. He has the right to live over your health and well being.
Human Being

United States

#138 Jul 6, 2008
Some of you reader are cruel. A person lost his life by a peace officer how acted as the Judge and Jury. I wonder if you would think the same if you had a family member in this type of situation?
Unknown

Sacramento, CA

#139 Sep 14, 2012
This officer should be killed, just as John was. Taking lives is illegal and should be punished regardless of who you are or what authority you hold. But of course, due to America being ran by selfish, materialist, power hungry imbeliciles, the true and right punishment will never be achieved; in any case.
OY BOY

Nipomo, CA

#140 Mar 31, 2015
us300joe wrote:
I have nothing but praise for this officer for doing a fabulous job! Not only for good decicsion making, but for a great job in saving innocent people from having to face an intoxicated man with a potentially deadly weapon. Keep up the good work Sgt.!!!
REALLY
OY OY

Nipomo, CA

#141 Mar 31, 2015
Daily Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Shooting of the tires only work in movies, shooting the tires in real life will do one of two things, Bullet will penetrate into the tire and escape into the engine bay and do damage there thus causing catasrophic failure to the car resulting in a possible car accident (and then all of you complaining about why the cop did such a stupid thing) Or two, the bullet goes into the tire, and out into open space which is most likely an area someone is either standing, walking, or driving. Again, you people will complain about how stupid the cop was for shooting the tires. But since the drunk idiot who is a repeat offender driving on a suspended license is dead, the other option which has a higher proabablity of hurting or killing others is the better choice for you. One dead idiot is better than innocent people getting hurt or killed by this numb nut.
<quoted text>
DNA has been proven a viable source of evidence, but only up to a certain amount of time after which DNA too can mutate and change to the point where it will no longer match like it did before. I could care less about what it did for you, but many crime labs, scientists are currently working to make changes nation wide in how DNA is handled and preserved and ultimately disposed of.
Either way, numb nuts had made the decision to try and run for it, got shot because he made the choice to try and run the cop over and well, the officer did his job. I would recommend all of you people to take a few classes in Criminal Justice just to understand protocol. Maybe then you'll be able to see what it means to be a peace officer who has to deal on a daily basis with people like you who call for help, but dont like what happens or choose to speed, but refuse to take the ticket because you have to be somewhere. Excuses only go so far, own up to your lives in the real world.
Judge Juror and Executor Not Human ... No Right
Gronk

Sacramento, CA

#142 Mar 31, 2015
Where's Nipomo? Is that one of them Jappo relocation camps from WWII? I am fluent in Urdo and know that "Oy, oy" means "Bend over and I will drive you to the Temple."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sacramento Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-Trump protesters set to flood Washington 1 hr No 61
Best Apps for Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge 16 hr rachelhot 1
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages from Galax... Sat sdff 5
How to Recover Data from the Smallest Android P... Sat asdfs 3
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages from Android Sat rachelhot 1
Time for Californian's to tar and feather the l... Sat Feather River Fred 15
News Forensic scientists say Dickson case is priority (Aug '08) Fri Darth 17

Sacramento Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance