Safeway Employee Says Brinks Guard At...

Safeway Employee Says Brinks Guard Attacked Him

There are 180 comments on the News10 Sacramento story from Nov 15, 2007, titled Safeway Employee Says Brinks Guard Attacked Him. In it, News10 Sacramento reports that:

A 16-year-old Safeway employee is accusing a Brinks armored security guard of punching him in the face, breaking his jaw in two places.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News10 Sacramento.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Jim

United States

#1 Nov 15, 2007
Check to see if the guard is on steroids. That would explain a lot !!!!!!!!
Shelli

South San Francisco, CA

#2 Nov 15, 2007
I hope this kid is ok. I don't know why these darn guards think they are "RAMBO", they are NOT. Good for the parents pressing charges!!!
Parent

Sacramento, CA

#3 Nov 15, 2007
Man that guard was trying to blow his fuse on just anyone...ticking time bomb. Poor kid :( liquid diet that sucks!
cop

United States

#4 Nov 15, 2007
where are the witnesses. Today's criminal justice system wont prosecute a misdemeanor/battery unless there is a witness.

“Educate everyone.”

Since: Aug 07

Sacramento, California

#5 Nov 15, 2007
What misdemeanor? If this guard hit him and broke the kids jaw... if they file charges it will be a felony.
streetsmart

West Sacramento, CA

#6 Nov 15, 2007
PUNK!!!!!!!!Assult and battery on a minnor will scar the officer for life.There goes his gaurd card.
Country without culture

Morgan Hill, CA

#7 Nov 15, 2007
Unbelievable whom they let carry guns these days. Most of these wannabe cops are nothing more than street thugs that couldnít make the cut at the police academy. I hope this punk gets prison time and ends up sold the lifer with the most cigarettes. Attacking a kid just because he receives a stare? What is Brinks thinking hiring fools like this? I thought psychological exams were part of the hiring process to weed out the tools.
Country without culture

Morgan Hill, CA

#8 Nov 15, 2007
I know the location and there are surveillance cameras all over the parking lot. Iím sure the detectives will be reviewing the tapes. No better witness then the camera.
cop wrote:
where are the witnesses. Today's criminal justice system wont prosecute a misdemeanor/battery unless there is a witness.
rob in rancho

AOL

#9 Nov 15, 2007
the kid is a minor!

guard is an adult.

LOCK THE GUARD UP!!!(for assault)
his action is uncalled for.
Cha-ching

Sacramento, CA

#10 Nov 15, 2007
I see lotsa dollars in this family's future.
Robert

Fresno, CA

#11 Nov 15, 2007
cop wrote:
Battery with GBI=great bodily injury = felony. The Brinks guy is SOL, and he earned it. He had a lot of alternatives. Such as pepper or mace, calling his partner, calling dispatch etc. If the Brinks employee in fact felt threatened he should never have exited his vehicle. Once he did exit he had an obligation to let dispatch and his partner know where he was and what he was doing. Finally, the fact that this victim is an employee at that Safeway really puts the damper on any ideas that the Brinks driver thought he was going to get robbed. If he did think he was going to get robbed all he had to do was drive away, NOT get out of the vehicle! Brinks wont be getting robbed, but they will be paying out at least 6 figures on this one. How many attorneys do you think have contacted the victims family once they read this article?
American

Bakersfield, CA

#12 Nov 15, 2007
Cha-Ching!!!$$$$$$$
BlueBlood

Concord, CA

#13 Nov 15, 2007
Looken wrote:
What misdemeanor? If this guard hit him and broke the kids jaw... if they file charges it will be a felony.
You forget what county this is...I'll be surprised if he's cited for Jaywalking...In fact, our lovely DA might turn around a file charges on the 16 year old for attempted robbery. Who knows what kind of story the guards made up. The store should have video cameras...
My question is: why did the guard get out of the truck? Felony charges is right. Especially since he was armed at the time of the crime. Some wanna be cop.
cop

United States

#14 Nov 15, 2007
Looken wrote:
Ha, apparently you don't Sac DA's office and their prosecuting guidelines. NO great bodily injury=filing at the misd level
Enlighten Me

Sacramento, CA

#15 Nov 15, 2007
Guard wanted to be a cop but couldn't pass the psych profile...so Brinks hired him? Before any of you get your panties in a bunch, this is just my take on it...
cop

United States

#16 Nov 15, 2007
We shall see what Jan Scully's team does on this report with the media attention.
ruff ruff

Carmichael, CA

#17 Nov 15, 2007
not just six figures the high 6 figures and these people need counsel right now even though the atty would get $$ this one is so worth it ~ it will take a awhile to settle but they need to hang in there this kids college is so paid for ~ and really I am not that kind of person but hey go for it ~

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#18 Nov 15, 2007
"Robert"
How many attorneys do you think have contacted the victims family once they read this article?

i'd say plenty of rabid lawyers climbed out from under rocks all over the county
bslic

Lincoln, CA

#19 Nov 15, 2007
Poor kid. I can't imagine the pain. That guard sounds like an A-1 a-hole.
Enlighten Me

Sacramento, CA

#20 Nov 15, 2007
Poor kid!

I'm glad his parents are pressing charges!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sacramento Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Napa Valley Wine Train Apologizes To Black Wome... 1 hr Enlightened 33
A black woman's question? Why do white women st... (Mar '09) 21 hr The Judge 17
who iz better Home Park Surenos or Oak Park Nor... (Mar '11) Wed Tu papa 89
News Tense times in government offices after Ashley ... Wed Think People 4
White Guys: Would you date a black girl? Elaborate (Nov '07) Wed matador 508 5,347
News California Senate approves bill reacting to ant... Tue Joe Sixpak 60
News Police: 1 Dead, 7 Hurt In Shooting At Modesto X... Aug 24 Dan 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sacramento Mortgages