Murder Charge Dropped in Elk Grove Fa...

Murder Charge Dropped in Elk Grove Fatal DUI Case

There are 95 comments on the News10 Sacramento story from Jan 3, 2008, titled Murder Charge Dropped in Elk Grove Fatal DUI Case. In it, News10 Sacramento reports that:

Sacramento prosecutors have decided not to file a murder charge against 22-year-old Ryan Williamson, suspected of drunk driving in the New Year's Day crash that killed Silvia Nunez, 19, and injured her ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News10 Sacramento.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Karen

Roseville, CA

#1 Jan 3, 2008
Okay, wait. He got a DUI conviction last year, he took DUI classes and "obviously had a knowledge of the danger of drunk driving," his license was still suspended, yet he got drunk, got in his car, blew through a stop sign, killed one girl and injured four others. But somehow, "That doesn't rise to a level of egregious, reckless disregard for human life"??

Are you kidding me??
Jeff

San Luis Obispo, CA

#2 Jan 3, 2008
Most of the people at the DA's office are only honing their skills for private practice. The Sacramento County DA has got to have one of the weakest corps of prosecutors in the nation. They are lazy and don't care about putting criminals away. They disgust me.
Penny

Davis, CA

#3 Jan 3, 2008
Karen wrote:
Okay, wait. He got a DUI conviction last year, he took DUI classes and "obviously had a knowledge of the danger of drunk driving," his license was still suspended, yet he got drunk, got in his car, blew through a stop sign, killed one girl and injured four others. But somehow, "That doesn't rise to a level of egregious, reckless disregard for human life"??
Are you kidding me??
lets not forget this was all AFTER his girlfriend had already drove him home from the bar because he was too intoxicated. Once he was home he chose to get into the vehicle and leave, knowing he had no business driving.
Bla

Los Banos, CA

#4 Jan 3, 2008
Karen wrote:
Are you kidding me??
Well, he appears to be a fine citizen though. Maybe we need him back in society as soon as possible so he can continue to contribute.(Sarcasm)
what baloney

Sacramento, CA

#5 Jan 3, 2008
I'm sure if someone dug deep enough they'd find that this guy as some sort of connection to the DA's office that got him off
the news

Lincoln, CA

#6 Jan 3, 2008
Jeff wrote:
Most of the people at the DA's office are only honing their skills for private practice. The Sacramento County DA has got to have one of the weakest corps of prosecutors in the nation. They are lazy and don't care about putting criminals away. They disgust me.
Could not have said it better myself.
Alan

Elk Grove, CA

#7 Jan 3, 2008
Won't Mr. Williamson thank the lawyers that his killing another while driving drunk does not rise to the level of Murder. Wow, what have we come to??? If this guy did not prove he knew what he was doing would harm or kill another after his previous drunk driving experience than I guess putting a gun to someones head after taking a hunter safety course would make one guilty of illegal poaching.....sickening, just sickening what our society has come to accept. Drink, drive break the law of stopping at a stop sign and kill another human after being convicted of exactly the same thing previously and get off with a lesser charge. Just sickening...Our DA should be ashamed...Imagine if he would have killed a loved one of the DA- bet that would rise to the level of murder.

“Rick Carsten has a crush on me”

Since: Nov 07

Elk Grove, CA

#8 Jan 3, 2008
GVM along with the other charges will still put him in the joint for a long time.

The DA wants to burn this guy down and I imagine they reduced to be sure they can.

Sucks either way, and I can surely understand the anger from the family.

JC
Mimmi

Modesto, CA

#9 Jan 3, 2008
This is a load of crap. WTF?! If the girl he killed had been say oh a COP like that other case then I'm sure the murder would stick. People need to protest and fight this. This is murder cut and dry. And FIRST degree IMO he knew he shouldn't drive.
matt

United States

#10 Jan 3, 2008
Penny...Sounds like you know more than I do on this story. Care to elaborate??
Bill Thorngate

Fresno, CA

#11 Jan 3, 2008
There goes that whole "DUI Fatality Murder Charge" thing. Now defendants all over the state will have this case to use as the argument in their trials.
Your DA truly does suck!
They could have at least charged him with murder, thereby showing the whole state that DUI will not be tolerated, then let him sweat it out for a year or so during trial, then let him plead down to something else.

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#12 Jan 3, 2008
Karen wrote:
Are you kidding me??
Amen.
valerian texeira

Bangalore, India

#13 Jan 3, 2008
First of all STOP licensing those extremely dangerous high alcohol drinks that causes almost all drunk driving accident!

My contention based upon the alcohol(ism) epidemiological research survey’s, which basically points to the fact that almost all those alcohol(ism) problems including the drunk driving/accidents caused by those extremely dangerous high alcohol drinks, which the alcohol authorities license for the public consumption in the name of Standard Alcohol Drinks, the most popular among is the regular beer containing around 5% alcohol. On the other hand there is absolutely no such research evidence that the alcohol drinks having around 2% or low alcohol content cause any such problems.

“M&M's mom”

Yuba City, Ca

#14 Jan 3, 2008
JTTG wrote:
GVM along with the other charges will still put him in the joint for a long time.
The DA wants to burn this guy down and I imagine they reduced to be sure they can.
Sucks either way, and I can surely understand the anger from the family.
JC
Your right on this.... I just cannot understand why a car cannot be treated the same as any other weapon that is used to commit a crime. They are just as deadly, if not more so.
Someone gets stabbed during a fight for instance and dies, that is surely 2nd degree murder but if someone is recklessly driving, plows through a stop sign with their car, killing someone, and that cannot be considered murder...something is wrong with that picture.
SACRA

Sacramento, CA

#15 Jan 3, 2008
Its funny because if this was a mexican or black guy those murder charges would stick...Whenever a minority commits a crime all the white racists get on here and say how they need to close the borders and that all blacks and mexicans are thugs...What you gotta say now? Seemslike this White guy is trash also...
Goat Boy

Rancho Cordova, CA

#16 Jan 3, 2008
Goat Boy kills a Latina. Gets away with reduced charges. What a crock. Now if he had killed a .... oh anyway. Now the wimpy DAs office has no bargaining chips. Who taught them how to negotiate?

What's next? Mark Garegos comes to Sac to defend the Goat Boy?

Goat Boy, you should shave off that stupid looking beard. Do you think you are Jethro Tull?
Bill Thorngate

Fresno, CA

#17 Jan 3, 2008
SACRA wrote:
Its funny because if this was a mexican or black guy those murder charges would stick...Whenever a minority commits a crime all the white racists get on here and say how they need to close the borders and that all blacks and mexicans are thugs...What you gotta say now? Seemslike this White guy is trash also...
Excellent Point!
elk grove 001

Overland Park, KS

#18 Jan 3, 2008
WOW.. What the hell is wrong with our system. We vote in a new law and then dont enforce it. How could the DA'S office even have to think twice about this. So what kind of record does one have to have to be convicted of murder. I can assure you that if this was a family member of one of the DA"S family members he would have gotten the death sent. This sets such a poor example.To the county of Sacramento how could you let this happen? HOW HOW HOW.. This just lets people know that our laws mean nothing. I am so sorry to Sylvia's family. May she rest in peace and may the family keep each other close to your hearts.
Straight Shooter

Sacramento, CA

#19 Jan 3, 2008
SACRA wrote:
You are a moron. People like you are the reason there is still racism in the world today.

“M&M's mom”

Yuba City, Ca

#20 Jan 3, 2008
Bill Thorngate wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent Point!
Which point?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sacramento Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Corner Coffee Shop: The new NOTHING Thread (Jan '08) 9 hr Rick Carstens 7,142
Is Trump a Tran? Mon R Fire 3
White Guys: Would you date a black girl? Elaborate (Nov '07) Mon shanshan 5,458
News Is Pie an Assault? Jury Still Deliberating Fate... Jun 25 cbo 23
News California Democrats take aim at Trump, GOP Con... Jun 23 Horace Schmitz 42
i will make you HARD in an instant :* KlK me k5... Jun 22 Xzavi190 2
Earn Earn up to $25 in under 15mins Jun 22 fiveminute bjs 2

Sacramento Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sacramento Mortgages