Sacramento County Opens Low-Income Housing Waiting List

Full story: News10 Sacramento

All week long, people have been treking in and out of the North Highlands Community Center.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of103
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Susan Quiroz

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2007

Judged:

I been waiting for low income housing for over seven year's, seven yearsago my family size was 2 adults 5 children.My luck with the housing on lowincome hasn't been so good .Now Ihave 2 children myself and my very sick husband ,he has termanial cancer.Were on SSI paying outragous rent 1bdrm not including utilities 1,000 dollars amonth my family suffers with mental health issues , but Iguess everyone has issues .But Iwonder if i'll get that break with low housing i't would be a blessing,to see a few dollars in my pocket to plan a real outting before my husband passes would be nice and our own bedroom would even be nicer, maybe our name may come up . Thank You for listening The Quiroz Family.

Since: May 07

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2007

Judged:

Ms. Quiroz and family I wish you the best of luck, someone in your situation truly deserves help. God bless you!
Lynette Valles

Tuolumne, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2007

I have a daughter that is despretly looking for a place for her and and 2 year old son. We are living in a one bedroom apt. I am on section 8 and now they are telling me that will be taking off because my daughter is receving disabilty and welfare for her son. Can you please help us. I am also on disabilty. and work a part time job. Because my daughter is receving her income. She wants to move so I don't loss my place.
Lynette

Tuolumne, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2007

my e-mail address is lavalles99@hotmail.com.
beverly graham

Loomis, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2007

i have been waiting all day to apply on the new waiting list, for affordable housing with the sacramento housing authority. ther web sight has been close all day. will they open again an other day. if so,when,an how will we be notified.
TIFFANY BRELAND

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2007

Judged:

THIS WELL HELP A LOT OF PEOPLE SAVE NO RENT AND THOSE WHO CANT AFFORD RENT
Erne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2007

Use this address: https://www.sacwaitlist.com/Public.aspx
Susan Quiroz wrote:
I been waiting for low income housing for over seven year's, seven yearsago my family size was 2 adults 5 children.My luck with the housing on lowincome hasn't been so good .Now Ihave 2 children myself and my very sick husband ,he has termanial cancer.Were on SSI paying outragous rent 1bdrm not including utilities 1,000 dollars amonth my family suffers with mental health issues , but Iguess everyone has issues .But Iwonder if i'll get that break with low housing i't would be a blessing,to see a few dollars in my pocket to plan a real outting before my husband passes would be nice and our own bedroom would even be nicer, maybe our name may come up . Thank You for listening The Quiroz Family.
Robert R Burgins

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2007

I am humbly pleading with the low income authorities about receiving low income housing. As I have stated before, I live with my 70-year-old mother in a small one bedroom Senior apartment. It is a difficult situation for her and for me being a 51-year-old man with a low income for the cost of today's living and my healt prevents me for heavy duty work. If I could do better, I would. Please consider me as you make your decisions on who will receive help. It will be greatly appreciated. respectfully submitting my comment to you...and Thank You.
mr_singleDad

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2007

i have a one year old daughter single father
just found a job, need a place to live. something i could afford,
with the cost of living on the rise its hard to get by.

iz_marcus@yahoo.com
mr_singleDad

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2007

also im homeless staying at the homeless shelter....and my tme is almost up.,..
DEEDEE

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2007

I JUST MOVED OUT HERE FROM CHICAGO NO MONEY NEED A JOB NEED A PLACE TO STAY CAN I GET SOME HELPFUL INFO PLEASE
gloria sosa

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2007

i realy need the housing for my four kids and my mother
gloria sosa

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2007

having dificulty with my husband and i need a hause for my four kids and my mother and me.
shaunte

Los Gatos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2007

just moved here from mississippi with my dad he is very sick and he needs to be whiched something in his brain thouches together and they say that he has about less then a year im daddys girl and i dont know what i would do with out him i just got a job but his meds are over 2hun dollars and i am doing all this bye myself and i need help
STEPHANIE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2007

TO,WHO THIS MAY CONCERN I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW DO I GO ABOUT GETTING SOME HELP FOR ME AND MY CHILDREN,? I'AM STAYING WITH MY MOTHER AND I HAVE TO GIVE HER,500 DOLLARS AMONTH AND I ONLY GET SEVEN HUNDRES DOLLARS AMONTH, FROM AFDC,I DID HAVE SECTION8 BEFORE BUT I LOST IT. DO TO THAT I DID NOT GO TO MY HERING BECAUSE I THOUGHT THEY WERE GOING TO TAKE IT AND THEY DID. BUT I DIDN'T FIGHT TO GET IT BACK SO HOW DO I GO ABOUT AT LEAST TRYING TO GET IT BACK?
Taxpayers_Pay_Ag ain

Soulsbyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2007

Maryliz Paulson heads the voucher program for the Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency. She explained there's space for 10,000 people on the list now because "we continue to lose families every month because opeople move on or they become self-sufficient," Paulson said. "They no longer need the housing assistance. So we need people to fill in behind them."
Why are taxpayers subsidizing this program? Double taxation to cover for people not making enough money? Plus these people qualify for Supplemental Social Security income, another word for welfare. UNFAIR!!!
Stupid_Comment

Soulsbyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2007

Judged:

DEEDEE wrote:
I JUST MOVED OUT HERE FROM CHICAGO NO MONEY NEED A JOB NEED A PLACE TO STAY CAN I GET SOME HELPFUL INFO PLEASE
DeeDee.....You seem to be able to afford a broadband connection, eh? Why should we subsidize you, just because moved here without having a job or any means to take care of yourself? How does that equate to becoming a problem for the California/Sacramento State Taxpayer?
Melisa

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2007

Looking to be placed on the waiting list for low income. Thanks.
Enema of the State

Davis, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2007

Yankees>Padres
Cammi

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2007

Judged:

Stupid_Comment wrote:
<quoted text>
DeeDee.....You seem to be able to afford a broadband connection, eh? Why should we subsidize you, just because moved here without having a job or any means to take care of yourself? How does that equate to becoming a problem for the California/Sacramento State Taxpayer?
Do you know anything at all about this woman or what she may have gone through? Did you ever stop to think that maybe she had no other choice but to move out here without being fully prepared. Everyone needs help at one point or another in their lifetime. Anyone who says that they have never received any kind of help in their entire life, is lying.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of103
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Sacramento Forum right now

Search the Sacramento Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 26 min Anyways 200,323
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 27 min Ocean 7,835
If I gave you $1 Million dollars right now, wha... (Apr '13) 40 min Peck777 18
Kid Faints During Speech-Blames Global Warming (Feb '08) 11 hr Cici 32
Delay likely in corruption trial for California... 16 hr Chacon-holics 3
White Guys: Would you date a black girl? Elaborate (Nov '07) 22 hr who_knows 5,222
Broderick Christian Center Investigated for All... (Jan '08) 23 hr Ms Help Me If You Can 16
•••
•••
•••
•••

Sacramento Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Sacramento People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••