Employee unions seek to block Arnold'...

Employee unions seek to block Arnold's furlough plan

There are 83 comments on the LA Daily News story from Dec 23, 2008, titled Employee unions seek to block Arnold's furlough plan. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

State employee unions on Monday filed labor complaints to stop Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's plans to furlough workers as a way to deal with California's ballooning budget deficit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

“FromTheCapitol.c om”

Since: Apr 07

Loomis, CA

#43 Dec 28, 2008
I worked in union shop and got a raise every 1040 hours. It did not matter how hard I worked. The raised was the same as everyone else. Unions are nothing more than a gang and they have brought entire industries to their knees. Everyone here that supports unions works for a union. Follow the money. Most of you union workers would not make it in the real workforce.
Mike

Oxnard, CA

#44 Dec 28, 2008
He should furlough the pay off all politicians. Other than that...pink slips then evaluate all departments as to their responsibilities starting with Social Services. Cut services to the free ride people who have been on the program for more than two years. I was at the meat market the other day and a lady pulled up in a 2008 MBZ. Placed her order and paid with food stamps. I looked at the butcher who told me, "you just don't know how to beat the system." We have done this to ourselves!

Since: Jul 07

Angels Camp, CA

#45 Dec 28, 2008
mmcguire wrote:
I worked in union shop and got a raise every 1040 hours. It did not matter how hard I worked. The raised was the same as everyone else. Unions are nothing more than a gang and they have brought entire industries to their knees. Everyone here that supports unions works for a union. Follow the money. Most of you union workers would not make it in the real workforce.
You don't get it do you. Nobody works for a union except the officers and book keepers and such. All of the union supporters here know that we are the union and we make sure conditions are maintained.
liquidshit hauler

United States

#46 Dec 28, 2008
Jonesy is fearful of losing his pissant job.
Dan Martinez

Long Beach, CA

#47 Dec 29, 2008
The Unions have no worries. As their devils partnership with the diabolical State democrats continues to drive more and more tragic out comes, their families won't be affected until it is too late to save California.

Then the politicians will just laugh out loud at the Union members for supporting the Union members own demise.

Angels Camp, CA

#48 Dec 29, 2008
liquidshit hauler wrote:
Jonesy is fearful of losing his pissant job.
That's where you are wrong Rick. I make damn sure the company makes money...lots of it. That is the ONLY way we can all keep our jobs. The same everywhere. If you started costing your boss money instead of the other way around, you would lose your truck driving job. Seen it happen many times. You have too.
Union Buster

Glendale, CA

#49 Dec 29, 2008
mmcguire wrote:
You're exactly right. The people here that tow the union party line are the pampered union employees and their families who soak taxpayers. They use the same propaganda with every budget crisis, "No, it's the exempt college graduates that are the problem. Nevermind that the non-union college grads are lower paid and harder worked than unskilled union laborers. Nevermind that the non-union college grads are exempt from civil service rules so they can be disciplined and terminated at any time. Don't blame blue collar union slobs who are overpaid and underworked "we maintain the system" -- just ignore that "the system" stinks if you would."
Union Buster

Glendale, CA

#50 Dec 29, 2008
Dan Martinez wrote:
The Unions have no worries. As their devils partnership with the diabolical State democrats continues to drive more and more tragic out comes, their families won't be affected until it is too late to save California.
Then the politicians will just laugh out loud at the Union members for supporting the Union members own demise.
Your prediction rings true.
leaving LA

Los Angeles, CA

#51 Dec 29, 2008
Unionize every single person...level the playing field!

“FromTheCapitol.c om”

Since: Apr 07

Loomis, CA

#52 Dec 29, 2008
Michael Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it do you. Nobody works for a union except the officers and book keepers and such. All of the union supporters here know that we are the union and we make sure conditions are maintained.
Oh I get it all too well. Most unions are worthless to anyone other than those who belong to the union. I know why you support them, they get you a higher pay. I don't hold that against you. Follow the money.
Union Strong-1021

Dixon, CA

#53 Dec 29, 2008
Union Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
You're exactly right. The people here that tow the union party line are the pampered union employees and their families who soak taxpayers. They use the same propaganda with every budget crisis, "No, it's the exempt college graduates that are the problem. Nevermind that the non-union college grads are lower paid and harder worked than unskilled union laborers. Nevermind that the non-union college grads are exempt from civil service rules so they can be disciplined and terminated at any time. Don't blame blue collar union slobs who are overpaid and underworked "we maintain the system" -- just ignore that "the system" stinks if you would."
Thats right good pay and bennies, nice house, car. Thank you 1021
Union Buster

Glendale, CA

#54 Dec 29, 2008
Union Strong-1021 wrote:
<quoted text>Thats right good pay and bennies, nice house, car. Thank you 1021
You forgot to say "and f u taxpayers and consumers" but I know that's what you're thinking. The greed and selfishness of union slobs is disgusting.
Union Strong-1021

Dixon, CA

#55 Dec 29, 2008
Union Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to say "and f u taxpayers and consumers" but I know that's what you're thinking. The greed and selfishness of union slobs is disgusting.
Whatever ...like you know me you little sobbing b@@ch, what is wrong lost your job?? And that is right...it is about what is mine... kids, wife, and house and the means to take care of all of it. It is not about what others have to pay, and like they would care about me either. I hear your whining and could care less as you would mine, have a good day there stud.
Union Strong-1021

Dixon, CA

#56 Dec 29, 2008
Thank you 1021!!!!
Union Buster

Glendale, CA

#57 Dec 29, 2008
Union Strong-1021 wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever ...like you know me you little sobbing b@@ch, what is wrong lost your job?? And that is right...it is about what is mine... kids, wife, and house and the means to take care of all of it. It is not about what others have to pay, and like they would care about me either. I hear your whining and could care less as you would mine, have a good day there stud.
Thank you for again proving that union members are childish, helpless, snotty, greedy, selfish, hateful, and jealous wimps who can't hold a job without a gang of thugs behind them. You have a good day there too, Princess.
Don

Sacramento, CA

#59 Dec 29, 2008
I have personally talked to three state employees, all of them say the same thing, given the circumstances taking some unpaid time off is no problem, they are happy to have a job. Have govt. unions forgotten where the money comes from, or are they so powerful they can get away with being so arrogant? If thats the case people need to demand our Representatives do some hard and meaningful renegotiating of these union contracts, for those members who don't like that idea plenty of people waiting to fill your spots.

“Sailors Daughter”

Since: Nov 07

Sacramento

#60 Dec 29, 2008
mmcguire wrote:
Unions served a purpose, but they are no longer needed.
Im not sure how to get a complaint made on topix..i cant figure out the whole http thing.Im sorry to interupt this thread...There is a picture posted of me in the Sacramento photos that I did not post.The comments listed there say this was me before I got fat and flabby. Rick Carstens aka VS posted that. I would like it to be removed ASAP...can you help me with that please????The photo is titled ME. HELP!!
BS Detector

Washington, DC

#61 Dec 29, 2008
Don wrote:
Have govt. unions forgotten where the money comes from, or are they so powerful they can get away with being so arrogant? If thats the case people need to demand our Representatives do some hard and meaningful renegotiating of these union contracts, for those members who don't like that idea plenty of people waiting to fill your spots.
Do you really expect legislators to have enough integrity to tell a union that they (the unions) actually work for the taxpayers?

It might do well for these same legislators to be reminded of the same thing. They will never do anything if it might cost them votes. Then again, the voters are dumb enough to keep re-electing these parasites. It has been said that we get the government we deserve... or, in the case if the state employees unions, pay for.
Union Strong-1021

Sacramento, CA

#62 Dec 29, 2008
Union Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for again proving that union members are childish, helpless, snotty, greedy, selfish, hateful, and jealous wimps who can't hold a job without a gang of thugs behind them. You have a good day there too, Princess.
Once again ...thank you 1021...and f@@k Mcguire

Angels Camp, CA

#63 Dec 29, 2008
jimmyzgrl wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not sure how to get a complaint made on topix..i cant figure out the whole http thing.Im sorry to interupt this thread...There is a picture posted of me in the Sacramento photos that I did not post.The comments listed there say this was me before I got fat and flabby. Rick Carstens aka VS posted that. I would like it to be removed ASAP...can you help me with that please????The photo is titled ME. HELP!!
Jenn you have to e-mail TOPIX head offices and tell them, once again, about Rick Carsten and his illegal antics on the boards. Be sure in your e-mail that you mention that this is the same guy who got complaints a few months ago for doing similar things.

They get on it pretty fast when they see such postings.

Hope you have a great day!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sacramento Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sacramaniacs (Sep '10) 1 hr Jerry Brown Sux 48
interested in oxy near sacramento (Mar '10) 23 hr Chunk 7
Why do white women hate on mixed race women? (Jul '10) Mon Real 84
Manager Your Android Device Data on PC Mon Password Manager 3
News Is Trump building a blueprint for mass deportat... Mar 25 jonjedi 35
News More rain and snow possible Sunday Mar 25 Tracybench553 1
News 4 people, including 2 children, found dead in N... Mar 25 Tracybench55 1

Sacramento Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance