Saudi Judge Weighs Paralysis As Punis...

Saudi Judge Weighs Paralysis As Punishment

There are 12 comments on the WFMZ story from Aug 19, 2010, titled Saudi Judge Weighs Paralysis As Punishment. In it, WFMZ reports that:

A Saudi judge has asked several hospitals in the country whether they could damage a man's spinal cord as punishment after he was convicted of attacking another man with a cleaver and paralyzing him, local newspapers reported on Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

fred

Kulpsville, PA

#1 Aug 19, 2010
These are the kind of as***les the Islamics are.
fred

Zionhill, PA

#2 Aug 19, 2010
Lex talionis in Islam

In Islam the Quran permits exact and equivalent retribution. The Quran, however, softens the law of an eye for an eye by urging mankind to accept less compensation than that inflicted upon him or her by a Muslim, or to forgive altogether. In other words, Islam does not deny Muslims the ability to seek retaliation in the equal measure. But it does, however, promote forgiveness and the acceptance of blood money not as a mandatory requisite, but rather as a good deed that will be eventually rewarded (Quran 5:45).

On occasions, however, the "eye for an eye" rule is applied quite literally.
Que

Riegelsville, PA

#3 Aug 19, 2010
Hey I'm startin to kinda like this islamic thing.

I bet their jails don't have a whole lot of murderers in them consuming the public dole.
Que

Riegelsville, PA

#4 Aug 19, 2010
"Khaled al-Mutairi, 27, said the assailant was sentenced to 14 months in prison for the attack that paralyzed his younger brother, but he was released after seven months in an amnesty. He said the attacker then got a job as a school teacher "

A teacher! Just like in America!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#5 Aug 19, 2010
This sounds really cruel at first. If you think about it, though, criminals in this country are captured and released all the time. They commit the same crimes over and over.

I know it's off the wall, but it's not unusual for thieves in certain parts of the world to lose hands or fingers as punishment.

Giving criminals punishment such as this would prevent them from continuing to suck the system dry and put more weight on the tax payer.
ws w

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Aug 19, 2010
ATTENTION POSTERS

Beware of the lying liars and the lies they tell
Que

Riegelsville, PA

#7 Aug 19, 2010
ws w wrote:
ATTENTION POSTERS
Too late. You should have advised us about the lies before we voted on 11/4/2008.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#8 Aug 19, 2010
ws w wrote:
ATTENTION POSTERS
Howdy Whamo!

“Learning from others is good.”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#9 Aug 19, 2010
Brutal

Location hidden

#10 Aug 19, 2010
I think in Russia they just shoot ya, murderers, druggies. They are known for a low crime rate.
Que

Riegelsville, PA

#11 Aug 19, 2010
Suezanne wrote:
I think in Russia they just shoot ya, murderers, druggies. They are known for a low crime rate.
Hi Suezanne! ;-)

Actually Russia's got some pretty bad boys regardless of how bad the prisons are...

But ya gotta admit that's some serious justice those Saudis have. I wouldn't want to be the guy waiting to find out he's gonna get hs spine chopped in half.

Ooch that hurts!!!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#13 Aug 20, 2010
Que wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Suezanne! ;-)
Actually Russia's got some pretty bad boys regardless of how bad the prisons are...
But ya gotta admit that's some serious justice those Saudis have. I wouldn't want to be the guy waiting to find out he's gonna get hs spine chopped in half.
Ooch that hurts!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe some of the Saudi justice will rub off in the states. Maybe we should get tougher on crime, like not letting them out if they committed murder. Like that last incident where the guy killed his ex girlfriend and her family for dissing him. These people cannot be rehabilitated. If something does not go right for them, that's how they cope, just kill ya. He killed a gay guy for making a pass at him, does some time, then they let him out and he kills again, unbelievable !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tabuk, Saudi Arabia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News From snowmen to Viber: Bizarre bans in Saudi Ar... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Just a guy 1
News Prince Sultan bin Salman Inspects Tabuk Regiona... (Mar '13) Jun '14 voltaire mendoza 2
News Saudi Arabia finds 26 more cases of deadly MERS (May '14) May '14 supersonic boom 1
train of lawrence (Sep '11) Nov '13 voltaire mendoza 4
News Driver shoots at US expat in Sa... (May '13) May '13 feneky watson 1
News FBSU partners with SAP to boost Saudi IT sector... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Sandeep 3
News Saudi-Egypt causeway project on track (Sep '12) Sep '12 Muslim Gegeloye 1
More from around the web