Saudi governor orders haircuts for me...

Saudi governor orders haircuts for men who hit on women

There are 8 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 29, 2008, titled Saudi governor orders haircuts for men who hit on women. In it, Newsday reports that:

Local media reports say a governor in northern Saudi Arabia has ordered authorities to punish men who flirt with women in public places by cutting their hair.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

jimmie

Ozark, AL

#2 Apr 29, 2008
nice example ot the democratic free society that Saudi Araba is an example for George Bush to be pleased with in his push to dominate and creat his form of democracy in the middle east. He critizes Iran and not Saudi Arabia for lack of democracy
Hellfire Missile

Montréal, Canada

#3 Jul 22, 2008
The Truth About Muhammad: Quran is a Fraud!

&fe ature=related
Truth Teller

Manhasset, NY

#4 Jul 22, 2008
Get a haircut, hippies!
Billy J Clinton

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Jul 22, 2008
Thank goodness I live in the USA...land of the free and home of the brave.
If I were Saudi, I'm afraid a haircut wouldn't cure that which ails me. They'd eventually have to cut off my entire head.
Hellfire Missile

Montréal, Canada

#6 Jul 24, 2008
Third world religion for third world people.
Justifiably Bellicose

West Palm Beach, FL

#7 Jul 24, 2008
Sloppy Stools wrote:
Can't flirt with women and the sexes need to be segregated in public? What a stupid religion Islam is.
It's only because the men have ZERO SELF-CONTROL and cannot be counted on to NOT rape women if more than 2 sq. in. of their skin is showing.

Rather than expecting the men to be able to handle seeing women in a mature way, islam says that the women have to be covered up. Don't learn to resist temptation; attempt to make the temptation hide itself. And then, of course, stone the women to death for "immodesty" if they don't want to wear full body covering in 115 degree heat.
Manny

Bronx, NY

#8 Jul 24, 2008
And if they get caught looking at a dirty magazine, they're given liposuction.!
Truth

Jordan

#9 Jul 28, 2008
Islam has nothing to do with these rules, these rules are from the Saudi Government... The real muslem fears Allah and will not think of looking or flirting with any woman because he knows that he will be punished on every wrong act he does.
If some of the Saudi Arabia families cannot make their children behave well then the rules are on these boys and are set by the country's rulers not by Islam, for Islam is a greater religion and he who doesn't know it is not allowed to talk about it...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Badr, Saudi Arabia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mideast divisions cloud Gaza cease-fire efforts (Jul '14) Jul '14 Garry Ackerman 2
News Iraqi oil output hits 3.2m b/d, targets 4m for ... (Dec '12) Dec '12 arkan 4
News 2 Chadians, Saudi beheaded for rape (Nov '11) Nov '11 citizen 7
News In PHOTOS: Eid Mubarak (Aug '11) Aug '11 Pawn-King-Nine 33
News New Satellite Broadband Services from TS2 (Oct '09) Oct '09 Nick Romer 1
News Muslim world braces for Ramadan violence (Aug '09) Aug '09 Wilberhum 25
News M-14 win in Lebanon (Jun '09) Jun '09 Cromagnon 1
More from around the web