Saudi governor orders haircuts for men who hit on women

Apr 29, 2008 Full story: hosted.ap.org 17

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) -- A governor in northern Saudi Arabia has ordered authorities to punish men who flirt with women in public places by cutting their hair, local media said Tuesday.

Full Story
Church Slave

Seattle, WA

#1 Apr 29, 2008
On the first offense they cut their hair. On the second offense they cut their testicles.
TOM REGAN

Dallas, TX

#2 Apr 29, 2008
...they just love to cut....no matter what the reason...china should send those "barbi dolls" to them....
Gracefulboomer

Hyattsville, MD

#3 Apr 29, 2008
It was the sight of all that long hair uncovered and unbound.

Hair swaying gently in the desert breeze.

Must have driven them all nuts.
Church Slave

Seattle, WA

#4 Apr 29, 2008
Maybe we should supply all of our troops in the middle east with long flowing blonde Farrah wigs.

It might be the just the boost we need.
leo from shanghai

United States

#5 Apr 29, 2008
how do you translate SLICK WILLIE into arabic?
Gracefulboomer

Hyattsville, MD

#6 Apr 29, 2008
leo from shanghai wrote:
how do you translate SLICK WILLIE into arabic?
How did you manage to post something so OT?
Gracefulboomer

Hyattsville, MD

#7 Apr 29, 2008
Church Slave wrote:
On the first offense they cut their hair. On the second offense they cut their testicles.
Given Saudi attitudes toward women I am sure that some Imam somewhere would issue a Fatwa declaring that Saudi men had been 'tempted' by a Saudi female witch into growing their hair to 'un- natural lengths' leading to the hanging of yet another woman for practicing witchcraft.

Saudi testicles seem particularly fragile so deflection away from the man's behaviour would be judged necessary.

The women of Saudi Arabia are already held responsible for a Saudi penis which fails to erect properly.. so it would be no real stretch of the imagination to pin the 'sin' of men's long hair on women.

The Saudi Royals have just added another 5,000 to the Religious Police rolls and guess they feel they must earn their keep.

Church Slave

Seattle, WA

#8 Apr 29, 2008

Unbelievable isn't it. Although entirely believable now that we know more about these people. There is no end to their nonsense. Here, a muslim Cleric warns about how risky female masturbation is compared to male masturbation. If they do it wrong they may be accused of fornicating and get stoned to death.

I guess it would be risky if that where the end result. When I watched the video clip I kept waiting for the laugh track or punch line, but this guy is totally serious. Good Grief.

http://youtube.com/watch...
Gracefulboomer

Hyattsville, MD

#9 Apr 29, 2008
Church Slave wrote:
Unbelievable isn't it. Although entirely believable now that we know more about these people. There is no end to their nonsense. Here, a muslim Cleric warns about how risky female masturbation is compared to male masturbation. If they do it wrong they may be accused of fornicating and get stoned to death.
I guess it would be risky if that where the end result. When I watched the video clip I kept waiting for the laugh track or punch line, but this guy is totally serious. Good Grief.
Me, too but he was as serious as a heart attack.
Helpful to those females who are considered brood mares and checked for their teeth, and hymen.

Did you catch the Sheik Yousef's inference that 'good' Islamic girls would never masturbate if not for European influence and western movies?

Is that slick or what?

This is from Sandra Mackey's
The Saudis
Inside the Desert Kingdom

page 127 (small excerpt)

'The pampering of the male child is not solely the preserve of the mother. All of the women in the hareem participate. It is common practice for for the women of the hareem to pacify baby boys by fondling their genitals.

As with breast-feeding , this continues so long that the child carries into adult life memories of women stroking his penis.

A Saudi boy comes to believe very early in childhood that women are there to provide for his pleasure.

As a result,'The association of the mother, and women in general, with erotic pleasure is something that Arab male infants experience and that predisposes them to accept the stereotype of the woman as primarily a sexual object and a creature who cannot resist sexual temptation.'*

*Raphael Patai, The Arab Mind, p.32 Charles Scribner & Sons, 1976

=
What are the chances of an Islamic religious ruling on this?

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#10 Apr 29, 2008
Is Bush still holding hands with the Saudi Prince as they stroll through the garden?

“1943-2013”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#11 Apr 29, 2008
the only hair I got
aint on my head

Since: Sep 07

District Heights, MD

#12 Apr 29, 2008
Church Slave wrote:
Yeah, this is the main reason why I want to get rid of ALL religions and go to a world where SCIENTIFIC FACT is the only order of the day, and where we do not interfere in people's (child or adult) personal choices, sexual lives, etc. unless they are causing physical injury to someone else without that person's permission.
Church Slave

Seattle, WA

#14 Apr 30, 2008
Gracefulboomer wrote:
<quoted text>
Me, too but he was as serious as a heart attack.
Helpful to those females who are considered brood mares and checked for their teeth, and hymen.
Did you catch the Sheik Yousef's inference that 'good' Islamic girls would never masturbate if not for European influence and western movies?
Is that slick or what?
This is from Sandra Mackey's
The Saudis
Inside the Desert Kingdom
page 127 (small excerpt)
'The pampering of the male child is not solely the preserve of the mother. All of the women in the hareem participate. It is common practice for for the women of the hareem to pacify baby boys by fondling their genitals.
As with breast-feeding , this continues so long that the child carries into adult life memories of women stroking his penis.
A Saudi boy comes to believe very early in childhood that women are there to provide for his pleasure.
As a result,'The association of the mother, and women in general, with erotic pleasure is something that Arab male infants experience and that predisposes them to accept the stereotype of the woman as primarily a sexual object and a creature who cannot resist sexual temptation.'*
*Raphael Patai, The Arab Mind, p.32 Charles Scribner & Sons, 1976
=
What are the chances of an Islamic religious ruling on this?
With so many muslims attending western universities and experiencing other cultures, and watching racy European television, you would think we would see some move towards moderation but we don't seem to except for Dubai UAI.

I am convinced that people are people. Which means that these particular people all know they are frauds and stuck in tradition but people are afraid to make any changes. They don't what to get hacked up with a sword or stoned to death.
Church Slave

Seattle, WA

#15 Apr 30, 2008
Leria wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, this is the main reason why I want to get rid of ALL religions and go to a world where SCIENTIFIC FACT is the only order of the day, and where we do not interfere in people's (child or adult) personal choices, sexual lives, etc. unless they are causing physical injury to someone else without that person's permission.
That sounds almost like a Beatles song LOL.
I know it will never happen because most people have a need for spiritualism and there are a million ways to express it. What we need is to coexist. And if one religion cannot coexist then it should be stamped out.
Alexander

New Delhi, India

#16 Jun 14, 2008
Yes the order of governor is perfect... not only the hairs should be removed but also the testicles of such men should be removed who misbehave with women.. Because women are godess and no men should hurt them.. Also a day should be made called "naked men's day" in which on that day every man should be ordered not to wear dress, not even an underwear and on that day every girl/woman should punish atleast a boy/man.. The girl should punish the boy by hitting the testicles of that boy.. Because all men in this world by knowingly or unknowingly misbehaves with women..
Church Slave

Seattle, WA

#17 Jun 16, 2008
Alexander wrote:
Yes the order of governor is perfect... not only the hairs should be removed but also the testicles of such men should be removed who misbehave with women.. Because women are godess and no men should hurt them.. Also a day should be made called "naked men's day" in which on that day every man should be ordered not to wear dress, not even an underwear and on that day every girl/woman should punish atleast a boy/man.. The girl should punish the boy by hitting the testicles of that boy.. Because all men in this world by knowingly or unknowingly misbehaves with women..
LOL, that sounds like quite a holiday but I would choose to opt out. Just like on Halloween I either go out or turn off the lights and pretend I'm not home.

“It's all about attitutde”

Since: Mar 08

Norcross, GA

#18 Jun 16, 2008
skipper wrote:
the only hair I got
aint on my head
Baliff....wack his peepee

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Badr, Saudi Arabia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mideast divisions cloud Gaza cease-fire efforts Jul '14 Garry Ackerman 2
Iraqi oil output hits 3.2m b/d, targets 4m for ... (Dec '12) Dec '12 arkan 4
2 Chadians, Saudi beheaded for rape (Nov '11) Nov '11 citizen 7
In PHOTOS: Eid Mubarak (Aug '11) Aug '11 Pawn-King-Nine 33
New Satellite Broadband Services from TS2 (Oct '09) Oct '09 Nick Romer 1
Muslim world braces for Ramadan violence (Aug '09) Aug '09 Wilberhum 25
M-14 win in Lebanon (Jun '09) Jun '09 Cromagnon 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:44 am PST