WI-Gov: Scott Walker takes leads, but...

WI-Gov: Scott Walker takes leads, but sits right at the 50% mark

There are 141 comments on the Daily Kos story from Apr 16, 2012, titled WI-Gov: Scott Walker takes leads, but sits right at the 50% mark. In it, Daily Kos reports that:

Doug La Follette : 40 Scott Walker : 51 Hari Trivedi : 3 Undecided : 6 Kathleen Vinehout : 38 Scott Walker : 50 Hari Trivedi : 5 Undecided : 7 These numbers show a drop for Democrats from PPP's last survey of the race, which of course makes you ask, why? What's changed? Our pollster, Tom Jensen, offers his thoughts: The biggest change is probably ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Kos.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#1 Apr 17, 2012
This shows that people are finally realizing that his reforms are working. The WEAC report shows that schools are better off than in any of the previous 10 years. Average property taxes in the state have gone down. The unemployment rate is going down and below the national average. People didn't like the liberals blocking thousands of jobs in the mining bill. We can also see that the plan of Falk and Barrett to raise corporate taxes, property taxes and give in to the unions doesent work. The prime example is the state of Illinois which is run by these same liberal ideals.
Milw TaXpayer

Waukesha, WI

#2 Apr 17, 2012
Watch what the unions have to say....they know they can't push collective bargaining because they know the Gov. did the right thing and his plan is working. Falk and Barrett have already given notice that the will raise (job killing) taxes.
Johnny Paul

Thiensville, WI

#3 Apr 18, 2012
Go to your town or city or village board TODAY, and ask a couple questions PLEASE!!!!!. The big secret is: businesses already just pay a fraction of the taxes home owners do. One house pays far more in taxes than a medium size business. Homeowners by far, take the brunt of the load, and all the whining and crying about taxes on businesses is a bunch of CRAP
Milw TaXpayer

Waukesha, WI

#4 Apr 18, 2012
Johnny Paul wrote:
Go to your town or city or village board TODAY, and ask a couple questions PLEASE!!!!!. The big secret is: businesses already just pay a fraction of the taxes home owners do. One house pays far more in taxes than a medium size business. Homeowners by far, take the brunt of the load, and all the whining and crying about taxes on businesses is a bunch of CRAP
Homeowners and unions don't create jobs, businesses do. Without the business there are no jobs or homeowners.
We are trying to create a business friendly state so we can put people to work so more can become homeowners. Look at our neighbors to the south (poor SOB's). Business in Illinois is suffering as more and more seek a exit from the massive taxes.
Walker is on the right path and we will continue to support him.
In some places property taxes have gone down. School districts are starting to see the benifits of Gov. Walker. School districts that have gotten out from under the thumb of WEAC and its overpriced Ins. policies and are saving $$$.
We are slowly moving in the right direction and once these expensive and unecessary recalls are over we will really be able to get down to business and get this state back to work.
So even with all that has happened Gov. Walker is still leading in the polls. The people of Wisconsin know now that Gov. Walker is the far better choice to continue leading this state. Head and shoulders above "what the Falk" and " I need a really expensive trolly Barrett".
Atheist Liberal

El Cerrito, CA

#5 Apr 18, 2012
Walker has got guts. Romney should choose Walker for VP.
Crooked liberal Media

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Apr 19, 2012
Hahaha.

Walker is going to win the recall election! This is going to look bad for obama who's been campaigning against him in WI.

Walker would make a great VP. He's just what America needs right now...and from now on. His policy changes are working and the voters can see it.
Contributions

Plymouth, MN

#8 Apr 19, 2012
Milw TaXpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Homeowners and unions don't create jobs, businesses do. Without the business there are no jobs or homeowners.
You have no clue how the economy works.

Without home owners, and other people of lower and middle class there will be no one around to buy what your so-called Businesses sells.

It doesn't matter how high the supply is, without demand businesses can't succeed.

It's the demand for goods and services that creates jobs moron.

What do you think happens to demand when corrupt politicians like Walker cuts wages and benefits of the workers that create that demand in the first place?

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#9 Apr 19, 2012
Contributions wrote:
<quoted text>You have no clue how the economy works.

Without home owners, and other people of lower and middle class there will be no one around to buy what your so-called Businesses sells.

It doesn't matter how high the supply is, without demand businesses can't succeed.

It's the demand for goods and services that creates jobs moron.

What do you think happens to demand when corrupt politicians like Walker cuts wages and benefits of the workers that create that demand in the first place?
For one you need to get your facts straight. Act 10 that Walker passed does nothing to the bargaining rights for wages just for benefits. So before you state things know what you are talking about please. It makes your points invalid if we all know it's bs.
Contributions

Plymouth, MN

#10 Apr 20, 2012
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
For one you need to get your facts straight. Act 10 that Walker passed does nothing to the bargaining rights for wages just for benefits. So before you state things know what you are talking about please. It makes your points invalid if we all know it's bs.
You need to take your own advice and actually read the bill moron.
wedjat

Milwaukee, WI

#11 Apr 20, 2012
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
For one you need to get your facts straight. Act 10 that Walker passed does nothing to the bargaining rights for wages just for benefits. So before you state things know what you are talking about please. It makes your points invalid if we all know it's bs.
Wow, you really have no idea about Act 10. That's pretty sad. Go & actually READ IT & LEARN ABOUT IT before commenting.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#12 Apr 20, 2012
Contributions wrote:
<quoted text>You need to take your own advice and actually read the bill moron.
I have clearly you haven't

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#13 Apr 20, 2012
wedjat wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, you really have no idea about Act 10. That's pretty sad. Go & actually READ IT & LEARN ABOUT IT before commenting.
I have

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#14 Apr 20, 2012
Walkers reforms are working plain and simple. That's why his poll numbers keep improving.
Contributions

Plymouth, MN

#15 Apr 20, 2012
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have clearly you haven't
Clearly you haven't or else you wouldn't be here spamming this non-sense.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#16 Apr 20, 2012
Contributions wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly you haven't or else you wouldn't be here spamming this non-sense.
You are entitled to your own wrong opinion. If you are so smart then why is Walker doing better in the polls???? It you are so smart than why did so many liberal communities such as Shorewood for example use his reforms to save school districts money??

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#17 Apr 20, 2012
Contributions wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly you haven't or else you wouldn't be here spamming this non-sense.
You aren't even from WI so who is the spammer.
Contributions

Plymouth, MN

#18 Apr 20, 2012
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't even from WI so who is the spammer.
why would that matter when discussing the facts?

You didn't read the actual bill, and you still haven't, because every one of your points are total BS and made up.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#19 Apr 20, 2012
Contributions wrote:
<quoted text>why would that matter when discussing the facts?

You didn't read the actual bill, and you still haven't, because every one of your points are total BS and made up.
So we havent saved money with his reforms? Is that what you are saying?

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#20 Apr 20, 2012
Contributions wrote:
<quoted text>why would that matter when discussing the facts?

You didn't read the actual bill, and you still haven't, because every one of your points are total BS and made up.
Do you even know where Shorewood is?? Tell me what statistics or things I have said that are false???
wedjat

Milwaukee, WI

#21 Apr 20, 2012
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are entitled to your own wrong opinion. If you are so smart then why is Walker doing better in the polls???? It you are so smart than why did so many liberal communities such as Shorewood for example use his reforms to save school districts money??
Please follow the conversation. You said Act 10 did nothing about collective bargaining in terms of wages. We are telling you that you haven't read Act 10 otherwise you would realize the error of your words. You're saying you have read it. No, you haven't. Again, go back & read it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mitchell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sediment destroys pond at North Asheville bird ... (Jul '13) Jun '15 dean 6
News Here's how a debt collector plans to turn aroun... Feb '15 not a Wynne win 1
News Former state Sen. Dale Shugars cites commission... (May '14) May '14 jackneal 1
News Developing Chicago (Apr '14) Apr '14 bensley reality 1
News Breaking down the Affordable Care Act: What it ... (Sep '13) Jan '14 Money 17
News Camp Quest provides summer fun for atheist kids (Jul '13) Jul '13 P_Smith 1
News Disappointing film versions of books (Jun '13) Jun '13 Wrecking Ball 1
More from around the web