Report: State Rep. Keith Hall says mi...

Report: State Rep. Keith Hall says mine inspector asked for money

There are 18 comments on the Lexington Herald-Leader story from Jun 30, 2013, titled Report: State Rep. Keith Hall says mine inspector asked for money. In it, Lexington Herald-Leader reports that:

State Rep. Keith Hall, a Pike County coal operator, called two officials in the Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet last year to complain that a state surface mine inspector was soliciting money from him, according to state records.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lexington Herald-Leader.

Yep

Monticello, KY

#1 Jun 30, 2013
Truth be known it was probably him asking for money.
Supporter

Chicago, IL

#3 Jul 1, 2013
Just because the boy supports coal they give him a bad name and try to go after "old crap" that employee sounds like a real winner. Yeah doing the right thing sounds real bad when a reporter tells it. Scum looks like the last post about a good representative. Seems like all the shaker and movers are the ones the newspapers try to write about to sell their papers.
Truth

Martin, KY

#4 Jul 1, 2013
He admitted giving him money. He is real worried about the miners. Pay an inspector not to write violations. What a guy.
Concerned parent

New York, NY

#5 Jul 1, 2013
No matter who the person was or who he worked for it's a shame that you would say something about helping children in a little league. I guess he has figured out that children can't vote the reason he made the comments. But remember parents of those children " YOU CAN VOTE".
Told U So

Ransom, KY

#6 Jul 1, 2013
Same ole same ole. In todays society the crooks think they have no oversight. And rightly so cause they funnel the tax dollars of the few working people to their check drawing supporters.
Grab that

Statesville, NC

#7 Jul 9, 2013
Told U So wrote:
Same ole same ole. In todays society the crooks think they have no oversight. And rightly so cause they funnel the tax dollars of the few working people to their check drawing supporters.
thats what keeps the lights on because we check drawers gets to stay up and watch the late show,and sleep durning the day if needed,and keep working so Mitch Mc won't cut out our checks,we all can't be crooks if so they wouldn't needed S.S.
James

Pikeville, KY

#9 Jul 28, 2013
I wonder how this went over with Big Jim?
hereyougothanks

Georgetown, KY

#11 Aug 6, 2013
Keith thanks for cutting back coal severance tax for rupp arena.

They want to put [$2.5 million] into Rupp Arena, it’s not fair and it’s just not right,” Burgett said.“It’s a shame that they take our coal severance money and put it into these counties that are not coal-producing.”

Burgett said he expects to issue the layoffs on Thursday, adding he hopes this will be a temporary measure and employees can be re-hired once his office begins collecting taxes again in October. But in the meantime, he said his office will be available to help the county’s residents as much as possible.

deputies are being laid off because they put our coal severance money elsewhere
Concerned friend

Pikeville, KY

#12 Aug 11, 2013
Keith thank you and all the elected officials for bringing phelps a new school. Sometimes the people of this area forget that the elected officials are working hard. Keep your head up do not let people bring you to there level and thanks again.
verytrue

Georgetown, KY

#13 Aug 11, 2013
Concerned friend wrote:
Keith thank you and all the elected officials for bringing phelps a new school. Sometimes the people of this area forget that the elected officials are working hard. Keep your head up do not let people bring you to there level and thanks again.
there level? he is a crook who was sanctioned by the ethics committee for fraud.
Concerned friend

Pikeville, KY

#14 Aug 11, 2013
Haters out there I guess you spend to much energy not liking someone when you should spend your time doing something else do you really think eastern ky would get as much as we do without him oh I'm sorry your not getting anymore lol
William

Pikeville, KY

#15 Aug 11, 2013
Really what have the people of Phelps got besides guard rails and water lines? Oh yeah, the Phelps Historical Society. They need to put up billboards advertising that.
Johnny

Pikeville, KY

#16 Aug 11, 2013
Concerned friend wrote:
Some of you people will believe anything. Keith and the elected officials did nothing to get this school. The old school, according to its category, HAD to be replaced by law. It could not be bypassed. BY LAW, the school at Shelby Valley could not be built until they built Phelps one. You people will believe anything.
Tom

Richmond, KY

#17 Aug 11, 2013
Johnny wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of you people will believe anything. Keith and the elected officials did nothing to get this school. The old school, according to its category, HAD to be replaced by law. It could not be bypassed. BY LAW, the school at Shelby Valley could not be built until they built Phelps one. You people will believe anything.
facts!now do you think the state will bond money for football and baseball fields,better yet do you think that they will allow the district to do the same,I would think the state auditors will be watching since a couple of things have come out .
yearight

Georgetown, KY

#18 Aug 12, 2013
Concerned friend wrote:
Haters out there I guess you spend to much energy not liking someone when you should spend your time doing something else do you really think eastern ky would get as much as we do without him oh I'm sorry your not getting anymore lol
oh we should be grateful for all that Keith "no bid" Hall has done for Phelps. It would be an impoverished backwoods region if not for him. Phelps would not know all the prosperity it has known. Everyone would be unemployed and on dope if not for Keith. Millions in tax dollars would not be funneled into his company. We are lucky to have him.
Kool-aid drinker

Pikeville, KY

#19 Aug 12, 2013
It's is so funny that people cannot give Mr Hall his due I really think he has the best interest for the kids at heart if all you that wants to bad mouth him would realize he is doing this by choice he could walk away take his money, his wife to be and whatever else and ride off into the sunset he stays because he chooses and he will continue to be here until he chooses to leave not because someone wants him gone. He will continue to be elected as long as he wants to be. Mr. Hall thanks for everything you do.
Funny

Martin, KY

#20 Aug 12, 2013
Kool-aid drinker wrote:
It's is so funny that people cannot give Mr Hall his due I really think he has the best interest for the kids at heart if all you that wants to bad mouth him would realize he is doing this by choice he could walk away take his money, his wife to be and whatever else and ride off into the sunset he stays because he chooses and he will continue to be here until he chooses to leave not because someone wants him gone. He will continue to be elected as long as he wants to be. Mr. Hall thanks for everything you do.
By choice? That's a riot. Take away his no bid contracts and perks and he will be dust in the wind. He stays because of the power. He and the Jim's leave Phelps but can't leave the power. Gotta be in control. He is the puppet master and you are the puppets.
finally

Georgetown, KY

#21 Aug 13, 2013
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
By choice? That's a riot. Take away his no bid contracts and perks and he will be dust in the wind. He stays because of the power. He and the Jim's leave Phelps but can't leave the power. Gotta be in control. He is the puppet master and you are the puppets.
finally someone who gets it. this is the same keith hall who had to resign from the school board. he seeks out powerful positions for his own greed and self serving not public service.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Recreational Vehicle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Think black people aren't voting for Trump? Gue... 5 hr Black People 4 Trump 6
News Whata s Goina On Aug 19 Guest 2
News DeGraff Country Fair rapidly approaching, Jacks... Aug 13 jap incest associate 2
News Blue Ribbon Blues Fest Saturday Aug 13 Ardi 1
News Stolen 1961 Airstream Bambi found near Cheniere... Aug 5 AirstreamVintageT... 1
News Dhaka's Green Heart Aug 5 jinxi 1
News Backlash in Kansas ousts at least 11 conservati... Aug 3 Captain Yesterday 10
More from around the web