Spike in Cubans moving to Fla. illegally

Spike in Cubans moving to Fla. illegally

There are 15 comments on the WPTV Local News story from Nov 23, 2012, titled Spike in Cubans moving to Fla. illegally. In it, WPTV Local News reports that:

When Carlos Velazquez arrived here in 1994 on a home-made boat fashioned from intertubes, he was one man in a wave of 38,560 Cubans who took part in a rag-tag rafter exodus.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPTV Local News.

“Its all in the mind..or is it?”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#1 Nov 23, 2012
I hope the Federal governmemnt does something about this
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#2 Nov 23, 2012
Can't the Coast Guard sink the rafts before these Mexicans wash up on our shores?
Stan

Hollywood, FL

#4 Nov 23, 2012
Due to the wet/dry policy whch Marco Rubio supports they come to Florida.
Stan

Hollywood, FL

#5 Nov 23, 2012
Cherokee wrote:
I hope the Federal governmemnt does something about this
I fear for the future of the state with so many of them refusing to learn English, bad enough they pump out one corrupt politician after another and zero police standards.

Just look at Hialeah.

"But Gomez knows that in Miami-Dade, and increasingly in Broward and Palm Beach counties, it is very easy to live exclusively within a Spanish-language bubble."

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/national/number-...
Carcharodon Carcharias

Sparta, NJ

#6 Nov 23, 2012
Stan alias el mojon cherokee wrote:
<quoted text>
I fear for the future of the state with so many of them refusing to learn English, bad enough they pump out one corrupt politician after another and zero police standards.
Just look at Hialeah.
"But Gomez knows that in Miami-Dade, and increasingly in Broward and Palm Beach counties, it is very easy to live exclusively within a Spanish-language bubble."
Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/national/number-...
be quiet, mojon!

Location hidden

#7 Nov 23, 2012
Hialeah is a Cherokee name meaning "Lovely meadow"

Go figure...
Gitano

Hollywood, FL

#8 Nov 23, 2012
Cherokee wrote:
Hialeah is a Cherokee name meaning "Lovely meadow"
Go figure...
Lol oh go figure.

In calle ocho Cubanism slang it means "land of corrupt Cuban mierda politicos and worse police dept in USA" . A fitting name .

Location hidden

#9 Nov 23, 2012
I agree

“Abbiamo Vinto”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#11 Nov 23, 2012
Carcharodon Carcharias wrote:
<quoted text>
be quiet, mojon!
Pedante!
Big John

Newton, NJ

#12 Nov 23, 2012
Lots of turkeys here!

“End Communism!”

Since: Jul 08

Wherever Freedom Dwells!

#13 Nov 23, 2012
Big John wrote:
Lots of turkeys here!
Particularly from South America...LOL!

Location hidden

#14 Nov 23, 2012
Judged:
I just got back from the bookstore. While looking around some new publications, I came across a new dictionary that has only recently been published. It advertised itself as a book full of new examples for old, familiar words. When I looked up 'hopeless', to my amazement it said: see...Liger, as in blogger on Cuba Topix website. I absolutely fell down on the floor rolling in laughter. It appears that he is right about something. Everyone knows about him.

So, I started to look for more words.'Pea-brain': see...LOPM, also known as...and then it listed about 50 of the names he uses.

'Loser': see...Liger, the supporter of lost and hopeless causes such as xenophobia, racism, sexism, religious bigotry.

Escoria...bingo

Cherna...bingo!

Calleochito, ditto

The more words I looked up, the more it became clear that the world is indeed aware of this self-obsessed tormentor who sees himself as King Liger. The only kingdom he rules is in his backyard and it is a sink-hole. Poor Liger. Now everyone knows what a pathetic, lost soul he has become.
Big John

Newton, NJ

#15 Nov 24, 2012
Cherokee wrote:
Judged:
I just got back from the bookstore. While looking around some new publications, I came across a new dictionary that has only recently been published. It advertised itself as a book full of new examples for old, familiar words. When I looked up 'hopeless', to my amazement it said: see...Liger, as in blogger on Cuba Topix website. I absolutely fell down on the floor rolling in laughter. It appears that he is right about something. Everyone knows about him.
So, I started to look for more words.'Pea-brain': see...LOPM, also known as...and then it listed about 50 of the names he uses.
'Loser': see...Liger, the supporter of lost and hopeless causes such as xenophobia, racism, sexism, religious bigotry.
Escoria...bingo
Cherna...bingo!
Calleochito, ditto
The more words I looked up, the more it became clear that the world is indeed aware of this self-obsessed tormentor who sees himself as King Liger. The only kingdom he rules is in his backyard and it is a sink-hole. Poor Liger. Now everyone knows what a pathetic, lost soul he has become.
wow! i am impressed......lol.....mojon!7 6

Location hidden

#16 Dec 27, 2012
lost soul LIEger
Compassionate One

Sparta, NJ

#17 Dec 27, 2012
Cherokee wrote:
lost soul LIEger
Superb post mojon, SUPERB!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Recreational Vehicle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ellen Page marries Emma Portner Jan 4 Gremlin 4
News Corridor G beekeepers host guest speaker Nov '17 Bumble 1
News Non-Indigenous B.C. artist defends work despite... Nov '17 Bok 2
News Winners and losers in Republican tax bill Nov '17 Mothra 24
News Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington dies in... (Jul '17) Nov '17 Christie Taylor 5
News Detroit air pollution disproportionately affect... Nov '17 youll shoot your ... 1
News Historically ignored racial groups experience h... Nov '17 el rey de los cam... 8
More from around the web