Annan's plan for Syria is dead; Washington needs a Plan B

Jun 24, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Philly.com

A Syrian woman holds an AK-47 during a June 8 anti-Bashar Assad protest after Friday prayers on the outskirts of Idlib, Syria.

Comments
1 - 20 of 36 Comments Last updated Jun 25, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 12

Winfield, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

LOL!!! Whoever created this title is clueless.
"Plan A" "Plan B". and "Plan C" have always been the conquering of Syria on the way to Iran. Of course this will ignite WW3, which is where this is going.

Or did you think the US built hundreds of bases, spent trillions of dollars, and a decade(with no end in sight)just to take out Afganistan and Iraq?

You really need to find another source of info besides CNN. LOL!!
Avenger

Kitchener, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Mick68 wrote:
"Plan A" "Plan B". and "Plan C" have always been the conquering of Syria on the way to Iran. Of course this will ignite WW3, which is where this is going.
Or did you think the US built hundreds of bases, spent trillions of dollars, and a decade(with no end in sight)just to take out Afganistan and Iraq?
Get some new material Mick and your crystal ball is a fake.
Pike Bishop

Cyprus

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

The conflict in Syria is a proxy war planned, armed and financed by Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain. The bully in the neighborhood is Turkey who is receiving arms and finances to stir up and back the anti-government terrorists in Syria to topple the dictator Al-Assad. The real target being Iran, however, one must not overlook the fact that if Al-Assad is overthrown Al-Qaeda will step in.
Ayreshire

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Pike Bishop wrote:
The conflict in Syria is a proxy war planned, armed and financed by Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain. The bully in the neighborhood is Turkey who is receiving arms and finances to stir up and back the anti-government terrorists in Syria to topple the dictator Al-Assad. The real target being Iran, however, one must not overlook the fact that if Al-Assad is overthrown Al-Qaeda will step in.
prove it!! STOP MAKING UP THESE FILTHY LIES!! Turkey has not done anything moron except denounce what your flippin' Hero Assad is doing!! Get the hell out of the West and get your rear end back to Syria!! STOP TRYING YOUR BEST TO COVER UP ASSAD'S MURDERING ESCAPAGES YOU PAID ASSAD SOCK PUPPET SCUMBAG hiding out in Poland!!! AND STOP BLAMING WEST AND ISRAEL FOR WHAT IS GOING ON IN SYRIA. AS IF THEY ARE FORCING ASSAD TO MURDER HIS OWN PEOPLE!! 14,000 PLUS MURDERED TO DATE AND YOU CLOWNS CONTINUE WITH YOUR IGNORANCE! The Syrian people have no freedom so what do you clowns do? You stand up for a ruthless Assad Dictator!! An to top it off, somehow the USA, France and Israel is involved! Most civilized countries have elections so when you have brutal Dictators like China, Syria, Iran and the list goes on there is no way to get rid of the tyrants other than by force!! The people are stuck with their ruthless Dictators their whole lives and then when that clown passes, daddy appoints another ruthless Dictator and this is an endless cycle! It's like a nightmare that will not go away!! I don't blame the people one bit!! Ask yourself why Syrian the clown living in Los Angeles is not worried one iota!! The Clown is a Paid Assad Sock Puppet! Period!

Would Assad still pay you if you ever condemned his Murdering escapades???
ObserverTM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Iraq was run by the Sunnis, now it's run by pro-Iran Shi'a. Syria is run by Alawite Shi'a and now Sunni-dominated regional governments along with the US prefer it be run by the Sunni.

One has to consider that certain governments might find the prospect of a band of Shi'a dominated countries running east to west, even if created by their own miscalculations, is a disturbing development and may be the engine driving the civil war in Syria, or at the very least - fanning its flames.
Pike Bishop

Cyprus

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Ayreshire wrote:
<quoted text>prove it!! STOP MAKING UP THESE FILTHY LIES!! Turkey has not done anything moron except denounce what your flippin' Hero Assad is doing!! Get the hell out of the West and get your rear end back to Syria!! STOP TRYING YOUR BEST TO COVER UP ASSAD'S MURDERING ESCAPAGES YOU PAID ASSAD SOCK PUPPET SCUMBAG hiding out in Poland!!! AND STOP BLAMING WEST AND ISRAEL FOR WHAT IS GOING ON IN SYRIA. AS IF THEY ARE FORCING ASSAD TO MURDER HIS OWN PEOPLE!! 14,000 PLUS MURDERED TO DATE AND YOU CLOWNS CONTINUE WITH YOUR IGNORANCE! The Syrian people have no freedom so what do you clowns do? You stand up for a ruthless Assad Dictator!! An to top it off, somehow the USA, France and Israel is involved! Most civilized countries have elections so when you have brutal Dictators like China, Syria, Iran and the list goes on there is no way to get rid of the tyrants other than by force!! The people are stuck with their ruthless Dictators their whole lives and then when that clown passes, daddy appoints another ruthless Dictator and this is an endless cycle! It's like a nightmare that will not go away!! I don't blame the people one bit!! Ask yourself why Syrian the clown living in Los Angeles is not worried one iota!! The Clown is a Paid Assad Sock Puppet! Period!
Would Assad still pay you if you ever condemned his Murdering escapades???
True, Syria is a terror and anti-democratic state run on par the Soviet style. But look at the 'democracies' that are trying to overrun Syria - Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Turkey - just tell me which one of the four would qualify as a democratic state.
I am neither a Syrian nor a sympathizer of the regime in that country, but I highly recommend that you refrain from entering such forums due to your lack of knowledge of real-politik.
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Pike Bishop wrote:
These invented words, proxy war, false flag are just bullshit, call it what it is, it is a civil war of Syrians not satisfied with Assad against Syrians siding with Assad. Assad has an airforce, an army a militia and a security force with all the weapons, while the Syrians opposed to Assad are building up their weapons and accumulating more and more men through either civilians taking up arms or soldiers defecting from the army and airforce. Are the Rebels getting arms from other countries of course, they did not get them from thin air, but then again so is Assad getting weapons from Russia and Iran so what is the big deal. Assad does not have complete rights to rule as he got in by proxy not by the peoples choice so he can be defeated in the same manner his father came to power.

Is al Queda a formidable force to be reconned with, absolutely not, they need to be rounded up and arrested yes because they are a small force of guns for hire and should be locked up but Assad freed the leader so he can organize and help him defeat his protestors but he is not.

Turkey, well, Assad has pissed off the wrong cowboy on that one, is it your false flag, NO, that is just BS on this forum, Assad bears full responsibility for attacking Turkey and will pay for the consequences. Remember the airforce and army defection also know where the air defense weapons are and where the best place to hit Assad with minimal damage to Syrians.
Chris

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Mick68 wrote:
You are absolutely right. The U.S. has forces in Afghanistan, Kuwait, apparently 10,000 private security contractors still in Iraq guarding their embassy and diplomats. It has forces in Japan, South Korea, and more battleships in South China Sea and Persian Gulf, than in their own waters. The U.S. is building missile shield in Poland, and just established new bases in Australia, apparently to have more presence in the Pacific. These are just a few examples, plus the assets of their NATO partners.

China and Russia know that if the West takes down Iran, and North Korea, then they are the next. They have the history as an example. Hitler was attacking and invading country after country. Stalin did not want war, and even made a pact with Hitler; yet he was still attacked. So Russia and China have no choice but to take a stand now, because later they will be even weaker, since their friends will be gone. And, if Russia and China really persist at their stand, the West will anyway not be deterred; having successful series of regime changes and Country dismemberments in the last three decades. Therefore WW3 is fast approaching.

Since: Dec 10

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

George wrote:
<quoted text>
These invented words, proxy war, false flag are just bullshit, call it what it is, it is a civil war of Syrians not satisfied with Assad against Syrians siding with Assad.

Assad bears full responsibility for attacking Turkey and will pay for the consequences.
Do you know what civil war means??? Who gives you the right to dismiss those Syrians who support Assad???

Do you know what sovereignty means??? Turkey was in Syrian airspace, so no they were not attacked! Turkey won't do anything other than make a lot of noise, if there is any military intervention is will be led by Washington.
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

-Farah- wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what civil war means??? Who gives you the right to dismiss those Syrians who support Assad???
Do you know what sovereignty means??? Turkey was in Syrian airspace, so no they were not attacked! Turkey won't do anything other than make a lot of noise, if there is any military intervention is will be led by Washington.
Do I know what civil war is, yes, a war of basically civilians of one country, that is what it is, you may not agree but that is your choice.

Turkey was in Syrian air space, I disagree from all the articles on the web but if you have a current link please let me know.

I do not dismiss the Syrians that support Assad, not at all, however it is their choice and the civil war is against them and the Syrian rebels wanting a new choice. Just because they are with Assad they do not have some protection from harm if they want to fight with Assad, however, if the support Assad and are not fighting they are just Syrians and I do not have an issue with that.

Washington will never never never lead the military intervention, they know better than that. Turkey can handle its own fight.
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

-Farah- wrote:
<quoted text>
As for sovereignty, I think it is you that does not know what it means. The following is the definition according to Wikopedia::

Sovereignty is the quality of having supreme, independent authority over a geographic area, such as a territory.[1] It can be found in a power to rule and make law that rests on a political fact for which no purely legal explanation can be provided. In theoretical terms, the idea of "sovereignty", historically, from Socrates to Thomas Hobbes, has always necessitated a moral imperative on the entity exercising it.

For centuries past, the idea that a state could be sovereign was always connected to its ability to guarantee the best interests of its own citizens. Thus, if a state could not act in the best interests of its own citizens, it could not be thought of as a “sovereign” state.[2]

What part of Assad's rule takes care of his people, or creates stability, or rules to the best intersts of its own citizens.!!!
reality is always best

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

What exactly does washingotn dc have to do with Syria??? Oh thats right they along with their masters in israel are the ones who supply weapons and money to a terrorist force in Syria
reality is always best

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Wait a second I though the american government was SUSPOSED to be against "terrorist".You mean that was all a lie.I guess it was all a lie because the american government and israel created and funds to this day alqueda and the taliban and anyone can look that up.
Chris

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

George wrote:
<quoted text>
As for sovereignty, I think it is you that does not know what it means. The following is the definition according to Wikopedia::
Sovereignty is the quality of having supreme, independent authority over a geographic area, such as a territory.[1] It can be found in a power to rule and make law that rests on a political fact for which no purely legal explanation can be provided. In theoretical terms, the idea of "sovereignty", historically, from Socrates to Thomas Hobbes, has always necessitated a moral imperative on the entity exercising it.
For centuries past, the idea that a state could be sovereign was always connected to its ability to guarantee the best interests of its own citizens. Thus, if a state could not act in the best interests of its own citizens, it could not be thought of as a “sovereign” state.[2]
What part of Assad's rule takes care of his people, or creates stability, or rules to the best intersts of its own citizens.!!!
Who gave the West, or you, the right to decide what is in the best interest of Syrians, or any other people for that matter; except your own citizens.

As for stability, the first requirement for the stability of any country is that outside forces leave the Country alone. Not only Syria, but no non-Western country has piece, or could have stability, because the West is in everybody’s pot. And non-West is fully respectful of other countries rights. For example Spain and France have had problems with the Basks for decades. Never any non-Western country interfered even with a remark.

And you are a typical example of a citizen from countries, who find it natural to demand other country’s people, leaders or citizens, to adhere to your rules. For example people of any country would expect from you not to call their leader a butcher. It is disrespect that you are not entitled to express.
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gave the West, or you, the right to decide what is in the best interest of Syrians, or any other people for that matter; except your own citizens.
As for stability, the first requirement for the stability of any country is that outside forces leave the Country alone. Not only Syria, but no non-Western country has piece, or could have stability, because the West is in everybody’s pot. And non-West is fully respectful of other countries rights. For example Spain and France have had problems with the Basks for decades. Never any non-Western country interfered even with a remark.
And you are a typical example of a citizen from countries, who find it natural to demand other country’s people, leaders or citizens, to adhere to your rules. For example people of any country would expect from you not to call their leader a butcher. It is disrespect that you are not entitled to express.
You are totally off the mark. I support Syrians period, not the Syrian leader that is killing Syrians and saying he is the ultimate leader and can do whatever he wants. You are right the people do have the choice and I think governments should seize Syria for 14 days or 30 days to allow political parties to form and campaign then all Syrians can go to vote freely without AK47's put to their back forcing them to vote for one particular party. At the same time the constituition shall be written for Syrians by Syrians for the benefit of all Syrians. Now that is what I would like to see happen and if they vote to bring Assad back then I would support their vote.
reality is always best

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

George wrote:
<quoted text>
You are totally off the mark. I support Syrians period, not the Syrian leader that is killing Syrians and saying he is the ultimate leader and can do whatever he wants. You are right the people do have the choice and I think governments should seize Syria for 14 days or 30 days to allow political parties to form and campaign then all Syrians can go to vote freely without AK47's put to their back forcing them to vote for one particular party. At the same time the constituition shall be written for Syrians by Syrians for the benefit of all Syrians. Now that is what I would like to see happen and if they vote to bring Assad back then I would support their vote.
As usual you do not even know what you are talking about.The vast vast amount of REAL Syrians support Assad because he is a good leader not because they are forced to.I think you are confused and are thinking about saudi arabia,qatar or bahrain.Or maybe the UAE.You support one thing and that is the terrorist colony of israel as is very obvious from your many post on here.
Samy

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

I think American can believe in gud, if that is true why the Americans do so much bad things to the other countries? Why they go around the world and promote war and promote people to kill each other? Do American think theirs children are different from others?what Do American think when the children, women and elderly people slaughter in Arab countries by the name of Arab spring? Let I tell to American people and politician the time will come when the other judge you, pls do not slaughter people like animals!!!
reality is always best

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Samy wrote:
I think American can believe in gud, if that is true why the Americans do so much bad things to the other countries? Why they go around the world and promote war and promote people to kill each other? Do American think theirs children are different from others?what Do American think when the children, women and elderly people slaughter in Arab countries by the name of Arab spring? Let I tell to American people and politician the time will come when the other judge you, pls do not slaughter people like animals!!!
The terrorist who control the american government from israel are not religious at all and neither are their plants in washington dc.Terrorist like these laugh at religious people and they use religion as a weapon against the weak minded.The terrorist who control washington dc and israel care about only one thing and that is themselves and their agenda.

SWG

Since: Feb 10

Houston, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Samy wrote:
Were you in Egypt during their revolution? I doubt it.Did you vote in the Egyptian election? Nope because you are not from there. The US is the root of all evils in the Middle-East, right? Hmm, strange when have American men or women strapped bombs to themselves and gone and blown themselves up? Let's talk about that for just a moment shall we. It wasn't until the Saudi Royal Family turned down the offer from Osama Bin Laden for his protection that he turned against the US was it? No, it wasn't. There weren't problems in Saudi until the Royal family moved away from radical Muslim groups that wanted strict Shari law was there? Nope there wasn't. It was not Christians that detonated a bomb inside a crowded Metro Station inside of Moscow, was it? Nope! It wasn't Christians who strapped a bomb to themselves and detonated it inside the Moscow airport was it? Nope! It wasn't Christians who blew up an airplane over Scotland was it? Nope! It wasn't Christians who blew up a disco in Germany was it? Nope! These are YOUR people doing this and not against ANY form of government but against innocent men, women and children! How sorry are we to feel for you? When a natural disaster happens in your shitty little country who is the first to respond? YEP, that's right the US! Even though you crap all over my country we help you...What a laugh! Where is your Muslim Brotherhood then? Come back to me when you can contribute something worthwhile to the world other than killing each other or somebody else.
reality is always best

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

SWG wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you in Egypt during their revolution? I doubt it.Did you vote in the Egyptian election? Nope because you are not from there. The US is the root of all evils in the Middle-East, right? Hmm, strange when have American men or women strapped bombs to themselves and gone and blown themselves up? Let's talk about that for just a moment shall we. It wasn't until the Saudi Royal Family turned down the offer from Osama Bin Laden for his protection that he turned against the US was it? No, it wasn't. There weren't problems in Saudi until the Royal family moved away from radical Muslim groups that wanted strict Shari law was there? Nope there wasn't. It was not Christians that detonated a bomb inside a crowded Metro Station inside of Moscow, was it? Nope! It wasn't Christians who strapped a bomb to themselves and detonated it inside the Moscow airport was it? Nope! It wasn't Christians who blew up an airplane over Scotland was it? Nope! It wasn't Christians who blew up a disco in Germany was it? Nope! These are YOUR people doing this and not against ANY form of government but against innocent men, women and children! How sorry are we to feel for you? When a natural disaster happens in your shitty little country who is the first to respond? YEP, that's right the US! Even though you crap all over my country we help you...What a laugh! Where is your Muslim Brotherhood then? Come back to me when you can contribute something worthwhile to the world other than killing each other or somebody else.
What 2 countries created and fund alqueda and the taliban?? Thats right the american government and israel the 2 biggest war mongers and terrorist in the world.A disco in germany??? Please do not make me laugh as the world knows the CIA did that.The american government and israel have killed more people and started more wars than any other groups on planet earth and any intelligent person knows it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••