For Russia, Syria is not about Syria

There are 2 comments on the The Daily Star story from Jul 2, 2012, titled For Russia, Syria is not about Syria. In it, The Daily Star reports that:

Kofi Annan's peace plan for Syria rests on Russia's support. But as the United States, Europe, the Arab Gulf states, and Turkey ratchet up the pressure on Damascus, Russia refuses to publicly discuss President Bashar Assad's ouster.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Star.

neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#1 Jul 3, 2012
No one cares really about Syria. The issue is whether regimes should be allowed to handle their own internal political problems or whether "the world's policemen" should force its will on every small unstable nation out there.

Imagine if this had happened in the USA's civil war. I wonder how many nations we would be "carved up into" by now?

Nations need to settle such matters for themselves... or the underlying problem never goes away.

Agreed?
PAC

United States

#2 Jul 3, 2012
We needs to feed them rebels, it's in the scriptures.

Civil War is God's War, lest you all burn in eternity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Voronezhskaya Oblast', Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Russians are coming Jan '15 Balsa Jovovic 1
News Ukraine: 2 columns of Russian tanks, military v... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Ethan Allen 2
News 'Provocative' Russian jet buzzes US ship in Bla... (Apr '14) Apr '14 -sunshine 8
News NATO pics 'show Russia buildup' near Ukraine (Apr '14) Apr '14 PROUD TO BE SERB 4
News Kerry's Impossible Demand of Syria (Jan '14) Jan '14 Syrian 8
News Hillary Clinton, Russian counterpart Sergey Lav... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Syrian 55
News For Cyprus' North And South, A Reversal Of Fort... (Nov '12) Nov '12 european2012 11
More from around the web