Can rap change Russia?

Can rap change Russia?

There are 35 comments on the Global Post story from Nov 11, 2010, titled Can rap change Russia?. In it, Global Post reports that:

When Vladimir Putin took to the stage on a hip-hop TV show a year ago, it appeared yet another cringe-worthy attempt by the image-obsessed prime minister to appear "down with the kids." But it can also be read as tacit recognition of the music's growing socio-political significance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Global Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Small Town America UGX

Pleasantville, NJ

#1 Nov 11, 2010
Unlol likes Rap and Hip-hop now that his leader Putin is into it. He also wants to be a whale hunter, car racer, Jet co-pilot, underwater explorer, ride horses bare chested, fish bare chested, put out fires and order people to be murdered. He is so immpressionable.

“Wir fliegen du?”

Since: Jul 10

Dusseldorf, Deutschland

#2 Nov 11, 2010
Yea im love rap and 85% of my friends love rap.
Russian rappers like Basta and AK-47 rules, oh and of course 1 Klass, oh yea he dont resspect women.
Small Town America UGX

Absecon, NJ

#3 Nov 11, 2010
So you are a "gangsta" like Putin. You do realize that Rap has it's origins in the USA. Do you wear your britches low slung so your butt cheeks show. I bet your hair is braided, too!

“Wir fliegen du?”

Dusseldorf, Deutschland

#4 Nov 11, 2010
I wear patrols Fallen(color is red with black,black jeans, hoodie DC(white)and black hat Gandon.
I love clothes from DC and Fallen.
Small Town America UGX

Absecon, NJ

#5 Nov 11, 2010
Unlol wrote:
I wear patrols Fallen(color is red with black,black jeans, hoodie DC(white)and black hat Gandon.
I love clothes from DC and Fallen.
Sounds like you are dressed like Michael Jackson. Do you "moon walk" backwards and "Love" little children? Do you wear rhine -stones, and are your ears pierced.

“Wir fliegen du?”

Dusseldorf, Deutschland

#7 Nov 12, 2010
Yea im pierced my left ear.
Im gangsta!and my nick is ghost.
Xx_Ghost_xX

“Wir fliegen du?”

Dusseldorf, Deutschland

#8 Nov 12, 2010
No no my nick is Death of STA=*!&:?*=_--:**56_;*+*56 __:!?**=6__-''_=6*+3)()@@?!= &_::,:;%??@++=_!!&*)+= &8-&*))+*&789_:;!? "(())**+337=_'';!==*& ;;!?*=&___&&&? ?++*&)3_;@"?!*+&* =+*&-',:;?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#9 Nov 12, 2010
How can rap save cr'ap?

“Wir fliegen du?”

Dusseldorf, Deutschland

#10 Nov 12, 2010
Che ti tam podpezdivaesh, yebishe?
xyz

Santa Clara, CA

#12 Nov 12, 2010
Its all America has to export anymore, gangster culture, bad poetry, broken english and revolution of the lower classes.

Hardly anything to emulate.
Jacko has spoken

Kenosha, WI

#13 Nov 12, 2010
Unlol wrote:
Yea im love rap and 85% of my friends love rap.
Russian rappers like Basta and AK-47 rules, oh and of course 1 Klass, oh yea he dont resspect women.
Rap will leave you nowhere and with nothing. Thats what it has done here in the US. Rap fans are the biggest losers, and fill there heads with crap. Buy a guitar and learn how to play it. You will learn what real music is.
Small Town America UGX

Absecon, NJ

#14 Nov 12, 2010
xyz wrote:
Its all America has to export anymore, gangster culture, bad poetry, broken english and revolution of the lower classes.
My, you sound familar. And who do you support ?
AbeUG

Putnam Valley, NY

#15 Nov 12, 2010
xyz wrote:
There is good and bad in every country. The corrupt left-wing Hollywood part of America exports that garbage.
AbeUG

Putnam Valley, NY

#16 Nov 12, 2010
Jacko has spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
Rap will leave you nowhere and with nothing. Thats what it has done here in the US. Rap fans are the biggest losers, and fill there heads with crap. Buy a guitar and learn how to play it. You will learn what real music is.
I agree.

I wish Russia, Poland, Ukraine and all other European countries would resist that rap crap.
Small Town America UGX

Absecon, NJ

#17 Nov 12, 2010
Unlol wrote:
Yea im pierced my left ear.
Im gangsta!and my nick is ghost.
Xx_Ghost_xX
Are you sure both ears are not pierced? Nose ring? And what type of ear rings do you prefer? Wood? Bone? I bet you look like some African tribesmen who wear big pieces of wood and bone in their long and elongated ear lobes and lips.
AbeUG

Putnam Valley, NY

#18 Nov 12, 2010
Small Town America UGX wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure both ears are not pierced? Nose ring? And what type of ear rings do you prefer? Wood? Bone? I bet you look like some African tribesmen who wear big pieces of wood and bone in their long and elongated ear lobes and lips.
Oh noooo!
Small Town America UGX

Absecon, NJ

#19 Nov 12, 2010
AbeUG wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh noooo!
Hi, Abe! What are we going to do with Unlol? I bet he has frizzy hair and bone ear and nose rings. How are we ever going to civilize him? We sure have our work cut-out for us.
Small Town America UGX

Absecon, NJ

#20 Nov 12, 2010
AbeUG wrote:
<quoted text>
There is good and bad in every country. The corrupt left-wing Hollywood part of America exports that garbage.
Sounds like Uther, Abe. Running down America again. Or a muslim.

“Wir fliegen du?”

Dusseldorf, Deutschland

#21 Nov 12, 2010
<quoted text>
No, it your stile.

“Wir fliegen du?”

Dusseldorf, Deutschland

#22 Nov 12, 2010
<quoted text>
Hi, Abe! What are we going to do with Unlol? I bet he has frizzy hair and bone ear and nose rings. How are we ever going to civilize him? We sure have our work cut-out for us.
No again, i have normal hair.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Volgogradskaya Oblast', Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 5 hr Td clx 3,309
News The Romanovs Will Not Reign Again; Russia Alrea... Jul '15 Cassandra_ 1
News Russia's Deadly Fantasy Politics Jul '15 DYING NAZI RUSSIA 2
News Russia examines Baltic independence Jul '15 scott 2
News Russia's Military Preparations Raise Concerns i... May '15 Zeppelin 2
News Russian Wheat Farmers Pray for Rain Amid Low Cr... May '15 Stephany McDowell 1
News Communists want Stalin's name back on Russian map (Feb '15) Feb '15 fall on your sword 6
More from around the web