Gas princess faces guilty verdict

Gas princess faces guilty verdict

There are 171 comments on the Financial Times story from Oct 11, 2011, titled Gas princess faces guilty verdict. In it, Financial Times reports that:

Yulia Tymoshenko, Ukraine's glamorous former prime minister, was on Tuesday jailed for seven years after being foundA guilty of exceeding her power when she arranged a controversial 2009 gas deal with Russia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Financial Times.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

“Dimitri at the races in Russia”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#165 Oct 20, 2011
The gas mama is still in the cooler, while pouky the peasant pokes his milkmaid.
Warrior Poet UG X

United States

#166 Oct 20, 2011
Suggested policy to improve the Topix Forum: When it comes to Pissy, The Fish-faced Finn, Comrade Cassandra, or Canutty the Commie (the Four Topix Stooges)(BTW donÂ’t forget Uther aka Underpants DragginÂ’)-- don't read, don't rate, don't respond. It will drive them crazy to think that their "Pearls of Wisdom" are falling in empty space. It will be hard but worth it to see them running to Pootinski and calling "Papa, they won't play with us".
Observer

United States

#168 Oct 20, 2011
Why aren't I included in your diatribe, you old fart?
Pro Ukraine

UK

#169 Oct 21, 2011
Observer wrote:
Why aren't I included in your diatribe, you old fart?
It's because WP is posting on the Ukraine forum, and he doesn't know who you are in your Observer guise, you moron.
Observer

United States

#170 Oct 21, 2011
Well, he should stay on the Ukraine forum then and be banned from the Russia forum, as should be done to the rest of you nitwits.
Pro Ukraine

UK

#171 Oct 21, 2011
He is on the Ukraine forum, you idiot, this thread is on both forums.
Warrior Poet UG X

United States

#172 Oct 21, 2011
My -- Observovicth has certainly shown his ignorance-- but then he does that everytime he opens his mouth.
Small Town America UGX

Manahawkin, NJ

#173 Oct 21, 2011
Warrior Poet UG X wrote:
My -- Observovicth has certainly shown his ignorance-- but then he does that everytime he opens his mouth.
Yes, but this nick persona of uthera claims to be a "Harvard" graduate, which is sooo funny and stupid. I mean with a Harvard education, he spends his entire day, 24-7 on this forum for years, and is so bigotted , racist, and anti-American, who could he ever relate to. Even on this forum, his anti-social mindset can not even articulate a positive posting, but is limited to the usual racist rhetoric and insults of the low caliber fool and his A.S.S. members represent.
Warrior Poet UG X

Woodland, WA

#174 Oct 22, 2011
In re-reading the news about the trial something intersting struck me. The news said that the judge would spend a few days deciding what the sentence would be--- NOT WHAT THE VERDICT WOULD BE BUT WHAT THE SENTENCE WOULD BE. It is very obvious that the verdict was decided before the trial even began. I wonder how much the judge, a Yanu appointee, received for his acting skills. Kangaroo courts are a characteristic of dictatorships. If you want an example I suggest you read the book "The Long Walk" by Slavomir Rawicz. He was a pole captured by the Soviets in WWII. The first part of the book shows how he was "tried" and convicted.
Small Town America UGX

Estell Manor, NJ

#175 Oct 22, 2011
Warrior Poet UG X wrote:
In re-reading the news about the trial something intersting struck me. The news said that the judge would spend a few days deciding what the sentence would be--- NOT WHAT THE VERDICT WOULD BE BUT WHAT THE SENTENCE WOULD BE. It is very obvious that the verdict was decided before the trial even began. I wonder how much the judge, a Yanu appointee, received for his acting skills. Kangaroo courts are a characteristic of dictatorships. If you want an example I suggest you read the book "The Long Walk" by Slavomir Rawicz. He was a pole captured by the Soviets in WWII. The first part of the book shows how he was "tried" and convicted.
Now that is very interesting. More facts that support the kangaroo court and pre=guilty before sentence. Very good point, WP.
Warrior Poet UG X

Madras, OR

#176 Oct 23, 2011
Thank you-- I try.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Volgogradskaya Oblast', Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 5 hr Enter 3,315
News The Romanovs Will Not Reign Again; Russia Alrea... Jul '15 Cassandra_ 1
News Russia's Deadly Fantasy Politics Jul '15 DYING NAZI RUSSIA 2
News Russia examines Baltic independence Jul '15 scott 2
News Russia's Military Preparations Raise Concerns i... May '15 Zeppelin 2
News Russian Wheat Farmers Pray for Rain Amid Low Cr... May '15 Stephany McDowell 1
News Communists want Stalin's name back on Russian map (Feb '15) Feb '15 fall on your sword 6
More from around the web