These 11-Year-Old Russians Are Gettin...

These 11-Year-Old Russians Are Getting Military Training At A State-Run School [PHOTOS]

There are 22 comments on the Silicon Alley Insider story from May 4, 2014, titled These 11-Year-Old Russians Are Getting Military Training At A State-Run School [PHOTOS]. In it, Silicon Alley Insider reports that:

There's a state-run school in southern Russia where students aged 11 to 17 undergo military training in addition to traditional schooling.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silicon Alley Insider.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wow

Hamilton, Canada

#1 May 5, 2014
Who's training these 11-year-old Russians? Taliban.
DISGUSTING FASCIST RUSSIA

Surrey, Canada

#2 May 5, 2014
No.

It's just like the Hitler Youth.

Surrey, Canada

#3 May 5, 2014
Here is a link to a bunch of photos and more information on Putin's Pubescent Platoons!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25584...

Surrey, Canada

#4 May 6, 2014
Russia's children will defend the bunker of Dwarf Fuhrer Putin in a pointless, stupid waste of young lives.....

Way to go, fascist Russia.......
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#5 May 6, 2014
What an utterly pointless bullcrap article.

It has the same level of journalistic integrity as RT. I.e it's just propaganda and not news at all.
Brit Expat

Saint-jean-de-védas, France

#6 May 6, 2014
As a matter of interest!

The UK Government set up the Army/Navy/Air cadet force following WW11. Based on the Hitler youth!

Specifically for 12 to 17 year old's.

It's a FACT. I was a member in the 1940's

Cyril aged 84.
RUSSIA GRASPING STRAWS

Surrey, Canada

#7 May 6, 2014
Brit Expat wrote:
As a matter of interest!
The UK Government set up the Army/Navy/Air cadet force following WW11. Based on the Hitler youth!
Cyril aged 84.
Never heard of them. Research shows you are clueless or lying. It seems you are so drunk perhaps you have forgotten that you were in a different country at that time! All UK Cadet corps were formed long before WWII, you idiot!

In Commonwealth countries, including the United Kingdom, a cadet is a member of one of the cadet forces. In the United Kingdom the government funded cadet forces are the fire cadets, Sea Cadets, Army Cadet Force, Royal Marines Cadets, Air Training Corps, Police Cadet Corps, and (each is a stand alone youth organisations) and the school-based Combined Cadet Force. The Royal Marines Volunteer Cadet Corps and the Frimley and Camberley Cadet Corps (both formed in the early 1900s) were the forerunners to later government funded associations and still exist independently, uniquely offering cadet opportunities to younger cadets (7–18). St Aubyn's School in Woodford Green London, are the only school in the UK to offer cadet activities to 8- to 13-year-olds within its own cadet corps. The Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service also offers a programme for aspiring Fire Fighters. At the next level of training there are university cadet forces—University Officer Training Corps (UOTCs), of which there are 19 across the country, University Air Squadrons (UASs), of which there are 14, and University Royal Naval Units (URNUs), of which there are also 14. They are designed to train university students in military leadership, to promote the military across universities and to increase civilian-military relations. Students are not committed to serve in the armed forces, but can gain qualifications and commissions through the organisations. Cadets can gain a Territorial Army (Group B officer) commission through a UOTC, an Acting Pilot Officer commission through a UAS, while URNU students hold the rank of Honorary Midshipman.Cadets also represent St. John Ambulance in the line of public duties and first aid.
rio

London, UK

#8 May 6, 2014
The guy from Surrey, Canada is raving mad!!
RUSSIA GRASPING STRAWS

Surrey, Canada

#9 May 6, 2014
Russian losers are so DESPERATE they're funny!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Brit Expat

#10 May 6, 2014
RUSSIA GRASPING STRAWS wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard of them. Research shows you are clueless or lying. It seems you are so drunk perhaps you have forgotten that you were in a different country at that time! All UK Cadet corps were formed long before WWII, you idiot!
In Commonwealth countries, including the United Kingdom, a cadet is a member of one of the cadet forces. In the United Kingdom the government funded cadet forces are the fire cadets, Sea Cadets, Army Cadet Force, Royal Marines Cadets, Air Training Corps, Police Cadet Corps, and (each is a stand alone youth organisations) and the school-based Combined Cadet Force. The Royal Marines Volunteer Cadet Corps and the Frimley and Camberley Cadet Corps (both formed in the early 1900s) were the forerunners to later government funded associations and still exist independently, uniquely offering cadet opportunities to younger cadets (7–18). St Aubyn's School in Woodford Green London, are the only school in the UK to offer cadet activities to 8- to 13-year-olds within its own cadet corps. The Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service also offers a programme for aspiring Fire Fighters. At the next level of training there are university cadet forces—University Officer Training Corps (UOTCs), of which there are 19 across the country, University Air Squadrons (UASs), of which there are 14, and University Royal Naval Units (URNUs), of which there are also 14. They are designed to train university students in military leadership, to promote the military across universities and to increase civilian-military relations. Students are not committed to serve in the armed forces, but can gain qualifications and commissions through the organisations. Cadets can gain a Territorial Army (Group B officer) commission through a UOTC, an Acting Pilot Officer commission through a UAS, while URNU students hold the rank of Honorary Midshipman.Cadets also represent St. John Ambulance in the line of public duties and first aid.
Sorry! The facts are facts. You are wrong!

When I joined the ACF in the 40's I remember my dad saying " marvelous is'nt it". The Government condemned the Nazi youth. Now they'er setting up their own.
rio

London, UK

#12 May 6, 2014
Losers?

Seems to me like the Russian side is winning!
Brit Expat

#13 May 6, 2014
This Canadian is neither funny nor sad. Just an ignoramus! That's life on Topix.

Surrey, Canada

#14 May 6, 2014
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Losers?
Seems to me like the Russian side is winning!
Only in Putin's Puppet Press! But that is all lies, as everyone knows.......

Friendless fascist Russia is isolated and reviled worldwide, as Ukrainian troops are capturing these Russian Fascist Terrorists who will spend long terms in prison before being deported to the lawless wasteland of Putin's dying Russia!

Ukraine will prosper in the EU and send food aid to the starving Russians soon, so don't stop drinking!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Brit Expat

#15 May 6, 2014
DISGUSTING FASCIST RUSSIA wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in Putin's Puppet Press! But that is all lies, as everyone knows.......
Friendless fascist Russia is isolated and reviled worldwide, as Ukrainian troops are capturing these Russian Fascist Terrorists who will spend long terms in prison before being deported to the lawless wasteland of Putin's dying Russia!
Ukraine will prosper in the EU and send food aid to the starving Russians soon, so don't stop drinking!
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Hee hee. Sounds like a continuation of FOXCRAP/Corporate media propaganda to me.

They certainly appear to have you by the short and curlies.

BUT! I do understand!! You like it that way.
rio

London, UK

#16 May 6, 2014
Brit Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
Hee hee. Sounds like a continuation of FOXCRAP/Corporate media propaganda to me.
They certainly appear to have you by the short and curlies.
BUT! I do understand!! You like it that way.
Eh, what Castelnau-le-Lez looks like?
I will be visiting Montpellier and the region next month, hoping to find a place to retire next year.
We are interested in a quiet area with low criminality, good access to public transport, local shops (we don't like supermarkets), good amenities.
Originally it will be to rent and explore the region before deciding to buy after one year of research.
I was looking at Lattes, Mauguio, Perold, St Jean de Vedas, and didn't have Castelnau-le-Lez on the radar yet. The wife would like Palavas, Carnon or La Grande Motte, to be nearer the sea but I am not so sure, although it would be handy in future since I have a boat..

Surrey, Canada

#17 May 6, 2014
Yes, it is very hard for you Putin puppet propagandists to hide the fascist nature of Putin's dying Russia!

Brit Expat

#18 May 6, 2014
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh, what Castelnau-le-Lez looks like?
I will be visiting Montpellier and the region next month, hoping to find a place to retire next year.
We are interested in a quiet area with low criminality, good access to public transport, local shops (we don't like supermarkets), good amenities.
Originally it will be to rent and explore the region before deciding to buy after one year of research.
I was looking at Lattes, Mauguio, Perold, St Jean de Vedas, and didn't have Castelnau-le-Lez on the radar yet. The wife would like Palavas, Carnon or La Grande Motte, to be nearer the sea but I am not so sure, although it would be handy in future since I have a boat..
My wife and I lived on our boat, both at sea and in the Canal-du-Midi for more than ten years.
We now live ashore in SW France alongside the canal.
The French? Lovely people, kind and considerate.
We found our shangri-la in rural France.
Crime here? We have lived ashore now for over ten years, never seen or known of it!
The only times we have had contact with the Gendarmerie , have been purely social.
Rural France! Highly recommended.
Bonne chance
Oliver Cromwell

Accrington, UK

#19 May 6, 2014
Brit Expat wrote:
As a matter of interest!
Cyril aged 84.
Indeed I was a member of the sea Cadets for four years ,we were trained how to shoot and spent time in the School Holidays at Naval bases they were gearing us up for joining the forces as some of my friends did,not quite the Hitler youth but I take your point.my interest was in the sailing and being a drummer in the Cadet band,a former Royal Marine Bandsman was our instructor,happy days.
Oliver Cromwell

Accrington, UK

#20 May 6, 2014
rio wrote:
The guy from Surrey, Canada is raving mad!!
Lie the rest of the Bandera filth.

Surrey, Canada

#21 May 6, 2014
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text> Indeed I was a member of the sea Cadets for four years ,we were trained how to shoot and spent time in the School Holidays at Naval bases they were gearing us up for joining the forces as some of my friends did,not quite the Hitler youth but I take your point.my interest was in the sailing and being a drummer in the Cadet band,a former Royal Marine Bandsman was our instructor,happy days.
I THOUGHT that was you in these photos......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25584 ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stavropol'skiy Kray, Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Russian atheist faces year in jail Mar '16 just a guy i knew 1
News Putin denounces USSR founder Vladimir Lenin Jan '16 just a guy i knew 1
News Weird Meteor, Light, UFO seen over Southern Russia (Mar '15) Mar '15 MOSCOW MAIDAN 6
News Mysterious Flash Lights Up Russian Sky, Baffles... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Russia is Finished 1
News Rouble fall, sanctions hurt Russia's economy - ... (Dec '14) Dec '14 FILTHY RUSSIAN LIARS 5
News "As a Russian patriot I want Ukraine to win" (Sep '14) Oct '14 George 18
News Putin's Sanctions Against Russia (Aug '14) Aug '14 NAZI RUSSIA 6
More from around the web