No One Wants Military Action in Syria - Arab League Envoy
Join the discussion below, or Read more at RIA Novosti.
#1 Feb 20, 2012
Good news! So stop with all the sabre rattling, and let's consider a diplomatic solution.
#2 Feb 20, 2012
Nope. We want Assad out. We'll just keep prodding the proxies to keep it up. What's a little blood spilled as long as it's not ours?
#3 Feb 25, 2012
League of Arab States Observer Mission to Syria
(Leaked English Version) Report of the Head of the League of Arab States Observer Mission to Syria for the period from 24 December 2011 to 18 January 2012
27. In Homs, Idlib and Hama, the Observer Mission witnessed acts of violence being committed against
Government forces and civilians that resulted in several deaths and injuries. Examples of those acts include the bombing of a civilian bus, killing eight persons and injuring others, including women and children, and the bombing of a train carrying diesel oil. In another incident in Homs, a police bus was blown up, killing two police officers. A fuel pipeline and some small bridges were also bombed.
28. The Mission noted that many parties falsely reported that explosions or violence had occurred in
several locations. When the observers went to those locations, they found that those reports were unfounded.
29. The Mission also noted that, according to its teams in the field, the media exaggerated the nature of the incidents and the number of persons killed in incidents and protests in certain towns.
44. In Homs, a French journalist who worked for the France 2 channel was killed and a Belgian journalist
was injured. The Government and opposition accused each other of being responsible for the incident, and both sides issued statements of condemnation. The Government formed an investigative committee in order to determine the cause of the incident. It should be noted that Mission reports from Homs indicate that the French journalist was killed by opposition mortar shells.
61. The Mission does not have portable two-way radios for communication between team members. The
Chinese Embassy provided 10 such radios as a gift to the Mission. They were used in three sectors only.
75. Recently, there have been incidents that could widen the gap and increase bitterness between the
parties. These incidents can have grave consequences and lead to the loss of life and property. Such incidents include the bombing of buildings, trains carrying fuel, vehicles carrying diesel oil and explosions targeting the police, members of the media and fuel pipelines. Some of those attacks have been carried out by the Free Syrian Army and some by other armed opposition groups.
Add your comments below
|IPC Opens Suspension Proceedings Against NPC Ru...||19 hr||just a guy i knew||2|
|IAAF issues guidelines on Russian track athletes||Jul 18||PUTINs JUNKIES||4|
|Crimea Sees Sharp Drop in Russian Tourists||Jun '16||OCCUPIED CRIMEA||14|
|Doping lab stands quiet as Russia swept by scan...||May '16||RUSSKI STAY HOME||3|
|Kerry at G7: No apology for Hiroshima||May '16||George||34|
|Putin may visit in December, meet Abe in Yamaguchi||May '16||Russian Ainu||2|
|The Latest: Putin says second pilot rescued, no... (Nov '15)||May '16||bluestreak returns||19|
Find what you want!
Search Sochi, Russia Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC