UK Police Charge Man With Terror Offense

Jul 15, 2007 Full story: The Associated Press 47

“These are people who he lived with, may have worked with, and certainly associated with”

An Indian doctor arrested the same day his brother allegedly drove a Jeep into Glasgow's main airport was charged with a terrorism offense in Britain on Saturday. A distant cousin in Australia was also charged in the failed attacks in London and Glasgow.

Sabeel Ahmed, of Liverpool, became the third person to face charges in the alleged plot. He was charged with withholding information that could prevent an act of terrorism, police said in a statement. Ahmed appears in court in London on Monday. Read more

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Dare to be different.”

Since: Jun 07

Kingston Upon Hull, England.

#1 Jul 15, 2007
If they are guilty, they must never go free again.
Harry Potter

Australia

#2 Jul 16, 2007
I will defeat you yet Valdermort

I'll rescue the Indian wizards from Azkaban Prison with Dumbldore's help

“Dare to be different.”

#3 Jul 16, 2007
Harry Potter wrote:
I will defeat you yet Valdermort
I'll rescue the Indian wizards from Azkaban Prison with Dumbldore's help
Harry Potter...you need to spell(!) correctly first!
(Voldemort, Dumbledore)
Harry Potter

Australia

#4 Jul 16, 2007
Lord-Voldemort wrote:
<quoted text>
Harry Potter...you need to spell(!) correctly first!
(Voldemort, Dumbledore)
Not my fault. Spelling was substituted by "defence against the dark arts" at Hogwarts
unotsosmart

Bangkok, Thailand

#5 Jul 16, 2007
These were the dumbest terrorists yet,must be scraping the bottom of the feces barrel.
unotsosmart

Bangkok, Thailand

#6 Jul 16, 2007
Lord-Voldemort wrote:
If they are guilty, they must never go free again.
And Europe is sitting around bragging that they don't have a death penalty,how noble.Hang them.

“Dare to be different.”

#7 Jul 16, 2007
unotsosmart wrote:
<quoted text>And Europe is sitting around bragging that they don't have a death penalty,how noble.Hang them.
I'm European, and I agree with you 100% I don't think that not having a death penalty is something to brag about.
Mr Giblets

India

#8 Jul 16, 2007
we should have a referendum on the Death penalty, and ignore what the EU says.
Elias

Australia

#9 Jul 16, 2007
How about public beheadings?

“Dare to be different.”

#10 Jul 16, 2007
Elias wrote:
Too quick. By all means lop off the heads and put them on display - but only after the condemned have died by other, more painful, means.
unotsosmart

Bangkok, Thailand

#11 Jul 17, 2007
Lord-Voldemort wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm European, and I agree with you 100% I don't think that not having a death penalty is something to brag about.
Every country should have it on the books,you don't have to use it,some day(another Hitler)you may wish you had it.
unotsosmart

Bangkok, Thailand

#12 Jul 17, 2007
Elias wrote:
Pay for view,I would pay.

“I am happy now”

Since: Jul 07

Earth

#13 Jul 17, 2007
None of you find it alarming that the man in Australia was arrested simply for giving his cousin his SIM card when he left? This is a precedent nobody needs. Granted he probably knew more about what was going on, but if the prosecutions sole indictment is in relation to the SIM card, then the government is way out of hand. Anyone is at risk.
Mr Giblets

India

#14 Jul 17, 2007
casperhwhite wrote:
None of you find it alarming that the man in Australia was arrested simply for giving his cousin his SIM card when he left? This is a precedent nobody needs. Granted he probably knew more about what was going on, but if the prosecutions sole indictment is in relation to the SIM card, then the government is way out of hand. Anyone is at risk.
No. only people who help terrorists are at risk. Don't lend SIM card to Moslems, you will be all right. This sends a message to all Moslems - it is illegal to help terrorists, and also illegal NOT TO INFORM on them -even your own family. That is the law. If they don't like it , we know what they can do. If he knew anything at all , he is guilty.
Elias

Australia

#15 Jul 17, 2007
casperhwhite wrote:
well logical debate is stifled in this country - when you can inflame emotions with recurrent images of bearded mufti's shouting "death to America" and billowing smoke from exploded ammunition in Iraq
Elias

Australia

#16 Jul 17, 2007
Mr Giblets wrote:
<quoted text> No. only people who help terrorists are at risk. Don't lend SIM card to Moslems, you will be all right. This sends a message to all Moslems - it is illegal to help terrorists, and also illegal NOT TO INFORM on them -even your own family. That is the law. If they don't like it , we know what they can do. If he knew anything at all , he is guilty.
Not too long it will be dont lend SIM cards to anyone! This must have been how Stalinism must have started - the government getting people to spy on each other - suscpision, paranoia - arrests

“Dare to be different.”

#17 Jul 17, 2007
unotsosmart wrote:
<quoted text>Every country should have it on the books,you don't have to use it,some day(another Hitler)you may wish you had it.
If we have it - AND use it - a potential Hitler may get his neck snapped before he does any real damage. If Hitler had been hanged for his treasonable putsch before he got to power, water would have been poured on the Nazi spark rather than petrol.
Lee

Sweden

#18 Jul 17, 2007
Oh, for Christ's sake. Is "association" a good enough reason to be arrested, charged and tried these days. One of two things is happening, either police and intelligence don't know enough, or anything at all, about who they're fighting, or journalism and newspaper reports are just so damn vague that we are not knowing the full story.
Before we know it the world will be a Nazi state where if you don't like your neighbour, or a business competitor is getting some of your profits, all it takes is one phone call and shazam...by morning the problem is in custody. The difference being, they won't be shot, but it'll be on their record.
Elias

Monash, Australia

#19 Jul 18, 2007
Lee wrote:
Oh, for Christ's sake. Is "association" a good enough reason to be arrested, charged and tried these days. One of two things is happening, either police and intelligence don't know enough, or anything at all, about who they're fighting, or journalism and newspaper reports are just so damn vague that we are not knowing the full story.
Before we know it the world will be a Nazi state where if you don't like your neighbour, or a business competitor is getting some of your profits, all it takes is one phone call and shazam...by morning the problem is in custody. The difference being, they won't be shot, but it'll be on their record.
New Age totalatarian state (NATS)

“I am happy now”

Since: Jul 07

Earth

#20 Jul 18, 2007
elias, you got that right. I just cannot understand why the West is in the Orient, there are plenty of fuel alternatives. Big Oil is just greedy I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sim, Russia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Haneef to Stay in Custody in Australia (Jul '07) Sep '07 Pessimist 295
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:01 am PST